PDA

View Full Version : Worried. . . :[

Markus_Kalarkus
12-18-2001, 04:45 PM
im very worried that my xbox is gonna skrew up becuz ive heard many rumors that the xbox crashes or stops working???? is this true? plz take the poll to tell me if it is or not cuz im geting my xbox for xmas and im very exited! thnx:p

l Maximus l
12-18-2001, 04:50 PM
Dude, I have played countless hours on my XBox and one day I played for 11 straight hours and afterwards watched an hour and a half movie...not a single glitch. I have played several games, made many saves, watched movies, ripped over 40 audio tracks, laughed with it, drank beer with it, talked about future times with it, snuggled to bed with it, I even held the dang thing in my butt cheeks and not a single glitch :D

Markus_Kalarkus
12-18-2001, 04:52 PM
thanx man that brings alot of joy to me cuz i thought it wudnt work!:) :) :D :D ;) :p :p :p yah im very happy now
q

peyote
12-18-2001, 04:57 PM
I had my x-box on for over 2 days straight because my buddy and I were playing cooperative on Halo and you can't save it under cooperative. I had no problems with it (mind you that the manual says not to leave it on for extended periods of time, though) or slow downs.

leecow
12-18-2001, 05:00 PM
Don't worry. I'm sure MSFT and their contractors stress tested the daylights outta the system. I have gobs of playtime on my box with only 2 "your disc is dirty" messages. Open drawer, re-seat the disc, close the drawer and away it goes.

xboxpebbles
12-18-2001, 05:05 PM
dont worry about it! that happens to a small
portion of ppl...
and ps2 and gc freaks start those rumors..
sometimes..so..
just be happy and look forward
to getting ur boX!:D

Markus_Kalarkus
12-18-2001, 05:08 PM
thnx!!1:D :D

Markus_Kalarkus
12-18-2001, 05:11 PM
im getting 50 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im worried again!:(

terrapin
12-18-2001, 07:15 PM
Markus, I've had mine since launch and I am very proud to say that I have not had any problems with it at all. I have never had a game crash or even hesitate on me. The Xbox boots up every time I press the power button with no errors. Also there is no "blue screen of death" to worry about. The Xbox is a VERY stable system.

monkeyman
12-18-2001, 09:34 PM
x-box like never fails its really good so dont worry unless you forget to shut it off or something and you went on vacation then you gotta worry unless its already dead which it probably would be unless it shut off automaticaly

Topconsole
12-19-2001, 01:17 PM
this is one of the things I like about the xbox when you go to the setup menu you can select ,if you want to, a time limit for inactivity. like 6 hours and so on. But if you were like me I forgot that my console was on. so it shut down lol

kirkyg
12-19-2001, 01:34 PM
markus...dude you know by readint his board that people will vote saying it crashes and freezes and sux LOL. I have played my xbox countless hours at a time and it has never frozen or messed up loading anything. The hud comes up instantly...you can touch the system and its not even warm to the touch (note i said warm not hot...its NOT EVEN warm its actually fairly cool).

Its a VERY well designed console. The 3 people that voted it crashes etc...have never bought an xbox...they either are playing like they have or never claim to be and are just talking crap. If you think xbox is a good system (which is it) and you want one go get one.

kirkyg

Chr0nik
12-19-2001, 01:40 PM
The first day I got my Xbox it would not read any games, it gave me a message to verify my discs.

Since I had bought an extended warranty at futureshop for 3 years I was able to bring it back and exchange it in store for a new one.

I have had no problems since.

Just remember that there are alot of people out there who want to crap on Xbox just because it is Microsoft without ever giving it a fair chance

batman46st
12-19-2001, 01:40 PM
since nov 15 all ive been doing with that thing is playing it probably 6 n 1/2 hours a day n watched a few movies on it so a couple of days its probably 10hours it has on n now with my friends back from college (holiday season) there all coming over and playing it i go to sleep whake up i got a friend playing halo or fever (its crazy) n i swear not as much as a slow down on my box god i love xbox....:)

l Maximus l
12-19-2001, 02:14 PM
Man, after hours and hours and hours of playing my XBox, not a single tiny glitch...watching movies, tickling the green jewel and hearing it laugh and giggle, sharing numerous dialogues with it, using it to reach a high cabinet and standing on it, having intimacy moments with my wife as my XBox sits on the end of my bed, drinking beer with my XBox, taking my XBox for car rides and showing it around the neighborhood, playing together, laughing together, I even shaved my back with it in the bathroom...and not a single glitch from that mama jama :D

batman46st
12-19-2001, 02:26 PM
lmao very funny yet very disturbing thought u shaving your back with xbox lol somethings are better kept to yourself... like i dont tell peolple i feel up the lil green jewel while i have sex with my gf....... oh **** the secrets out! ****... ahhh well it doesnt only let u play the best games ever but it increases a better sex life **** is there anything it cant do.... lol

kirkyg
12-19-2001, 04:40 PM
"My opinion
The first day I got my Xbox it would not read any games, it gave me a message to verify my discs.

Since I had bought an extended warranty at futureshop for 3 years I was able to bring it back and exchange it in store for a new one.

I have had no problems since.

Just remember that there are alot of people out there who want to crap on Xbox just because it is Microsoft without ever giving it a fair chance"

well im glad you supported what you said with some data...however it was probably a bad dvd drive in the xbox...and i know of all consoles have a few bad sets of hardware here and there its virtually impossible with all the mishandling in shipping etc. for every single console for any manufacturer to get to its location and be sold to a customer 100% working over and extended period of time. That being said the issue brought up was crashing. There is a false rumor going around that its like microsoft os's and crashes blah blah. Thats incorrect and i'll tell you why...because they developed the hud and the OS was developed specifically with the hardware in the console in mind there are no incompatabilities.

Its a console people...its just like any other console.......sept it has a hd and its the most powerful and versatile console available.

kirkyg