PDA

View Full Version : My Hands-On True Crime Impressions!

Viper87227
09-02-2003, 10:02 PM
I got my hands on a demo of this game, and decided I would post what I though.

In the demo there are two missions. The first is a drivng mission. YOu have two minutes to steel a car, and then get to a certain point. YOu have no guns or anything, so its all about the car. I must say the driving portian of this game is very nice, and I just love the damage model, even though I am still puzzles as to why when you hit a car from behind, the trunk starts on fire.

Next mission is a shooting mission. This is where the fun starts. Run around and shoot guys, and then have fun with the slow motion dives and kung fu fighting. All of it seems very well done. Its like the fighint from Enter the Matrix, but witht he quality of max payne. The only real complaint i have it that it auto targets enemies. I would take the GTA style aiming over this any day, where it doesnt aim unlss you hold down a button.

All in all, this game is shaping up to be fantastic. Everyone has called it a GTA-kiler, and im here to yell you that the boys at rockstar should be sweating there asses off, for GTA is no longer the king of its genre :p

Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Since this is just a demo, i cant answer everyons question, but I will try to answer all I can. And please dont ask where i got the demo, coz im not telling (of course this means someone will be a smart ass and ask, id put my money on shrew :D )

AlBoogy
09-02-2003, 10:09 PM
Is the demo the one for Playstation 2?

Viper87227
09-02-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
Is the demo the one for Playstation 2?

I do have a PS2 demo, as I subscribe to OPM...but I also have a super-secret, not-for-you-all-for-me, james-bond, spy-intel-enhanced, unpublicly-released, lock-down version for Xbox. THats why i cant say where I got it, they would have to kill me!

Variation-XBA
09-02-2003, 10:49 PM
Your special :P Im telling ;)

After the thing about the guy who had Raw before it was out, I dont believe people anyways :)

Viper87227
09-02-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Variation
Your special :P Im telling ;)

After the thing about the guy who had Raw before it was out, I dont believe people anyways :)

LOL, I remeber that And for anyone who doesnt believe me, i will provide proof. I will put there name on a peice of paper and tape in to my TV, put hotwheels cars on said TV, and then have True Crime playing in the backround. I might even put something else in the picture to prove that its not a coincidance, im just that nice. So anyone who doesnt believe me. Send along your name, and give me a quote or phrase to write down on a piece of paper, and by chum ill create you an image!

Variation-XBA
09-02-2003, 11:27 PM
Ooo Oooo.. pick me pick me!! :)

It was just funny when the guy went along with the raw thing for like a month, then admitted he didnt have it... :)

Spaztic
09-03-2003, 06:35 AM
I played the game at lallapaloza (sp?) a good month or two. It seemed pretty cool, but I was stuck playing baulders gate 2! To bad it has rap in the soundtrack, hopefully I can change that! Not that I mind rap, but when destroying $hit i prefer rock!

Chaotic
09-03-2003, 12:06 PM
Yea, i played almost a complete version of the game at E3 :o

Sweet game btw :cheers:

rhinowarrior
09-03-2003, 12:46 PM
Still waiting for the pics Viper, or r u pulling our collective legs?

DocHoliday78
09-03-2003, 02:15 PM
Has anyone given him a name and a quote?

RudedogX
09-03-2003, 02:20 PM
If you know the right people, it wouldn't be too difficult to get the demo probably. As Chaotic said, they had a pretty large demo at E3. Most of the demos that have come out on OXM in the last couple of issues are the exact demos that were at E3. So again...I wouldn't doubt if he had the demo. OXM is saying that they should have a demo in next month's issue too.

Viper87227
09-03-2003, 03:25 PM
ok, I can do variation, and since no one gave me a quote....I will use |Games Wanted|-KOTOR, Fable, BC, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, Doom 3, NFL 2K4, Raw 2,True Crime which is the list of wanted games from docholidays sig. I am not doing it now, as im rockin out to Eve 6, but later tongiht if im thinking about it.

l Maximus l
09-03-2003, 04:58 PM
True Crime seems like a good rental to me... To be dead honest, I hate the "lock on shooting" idea. If it's anything like Dead To Rights' lock on, I'll pass this game faster than I do currently with gas :D

DocHoliday78
09-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Add the quote "Trample the dead, hurdle the weak"

Viper87227
09-03-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
Add the quote "Trample the dead, hurdle the weak"

I will do you one better. I am just going to take a screen shot of this thread and put that up there! I ddidnt have time to do it tonight, as I have four game reviews to write plus a in depth hands on story.... and i not even close to dont. Expect a picture with the next few days, hopeully tomorrow

Variation-XBA
09-03-2003, 10:28 PM
**waits for his name to be famous....**

;)

Viper87227
09-03-2003, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Variation
**waits for his name to be famous....**

;)

bah. I said your name would be there, i didnt say the context it would be used it

*cough* Variation *cough*is a looser *cough*

HEY...WHO SAID THAT! :D

Shadow20002
09-04-2003, 12:05 AM
Maybe Viper is telling the true but who knows ? Anyway, just wait a little more....until it's out. :p

Variation-XBA
09-04-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Viper87227
bah. I said your name would be there, i didnt say the context it would be used it

*cough* Variation *cough*is a looser *cough*

HEY...WHO SAID THAT! :D

http://www.ileet.net/images/cowboy.gif

Sigh....

Bakeman
09-04-2003, 04:32 AM
In that case...

write "Bakeman rules!" :)

Also, I read that you can target the enemies leg/arm/chest/head etc...

But from what you are saying it doesn't sound like it... is this possible in the demo?

I sure hope what I read is true, because it made it sound like you could shoot a guy in the head... but you might have wanted to shoot him in the leg so you could get info from him.

Viper87227
09-04-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Bakeman
In that case...

write "Bakeman rules!" :)

Also, I read that you can target the enemies leg/arm/chest/head etc...

But from what you are saying it doesn't sound like it... is this possible in the demo?

I sure hope what I read is true, because it made it sound like you could shoot a guy in the head... but you might have wanted to shoot him in the leg so you could get info from him.

I am not sure on this, when i got to take my pictures, ill give this a looksie

Rammer
09-04-2003, 06:36 PM
well I got the PS2 demo which sounds like it is slightly different from the Xbox one you have. Mine only gives you a minute to drive around the city. The hand to hand combat was good but the shooting seemed like it needed some work. I think I'll have to wait for the reviews before making a buying decision.

Ford Mustang
09-04-2003, 06:57 PM
I can't wait for this game. *drools*.....:watchout:

ramprider0
09-08-2003, 01:59 AM
come on post em already.

Viper87227
09-08-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by ramprider0
come on post em already.

Sorry...between School, Work, Website, and getting my lazy ass of the couch in between, I havnt had time to play the game let alone get a picture of it. I Dont think I am even going to bother, its a waste of my time because in all reality, whethar or not people believe me doesnt change the fact that I have the game.

If I find the time to play in within the next few days, I wil have a pic for you guys, but otherwise just take meh word for it :cheers:

rhinowarrior
09-08-2003, 03:27 PM
Yeah whatever....First you say you aren't going to post them them you say you might. sure thing ps2 fanboy!

# 1 Stunner
09-08-2003, 04:45 PM
whens this game come out?is it online?:watchout:

Viper87227
09-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by rhinowarrior
Yeah whatever....First you say you aren't going to post them them you say you might. sure thing ps2 fanboy!

I said I might post them, it was never official. And how does not posting pictures make me a PS2 fanboy? I don't know who stuck the fork up your ass, but you might want to think twice before you go shooting your mouth off. Since your a n00b its quite understandable, but unless you learn to respect other members, you wont find youself welcome here

Ford Mustang
09-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Good idea. I would suggest, being a noob, not mouthing off to the guys who have been here a while. You won't last long at all. And even if you don't get banned, everyone will hate you. :) Have a nice day!

BigJosh359
09-08-2003, 09:38 PM
Enough with the damned noob and fanboy comments. Believe him or not, dont make a big deal about this. You can find screenshots of True Crime everywhere.

OOooOOO touch Viper, he got his hands on a super secret blah blah blah blah blah demo of True Crime.

Viper87227
09-08-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA
Enough with the damned noob and fanboy comments. Believe him or not, dont make a big deal about this. You can find screenshots of True Life everywhere.

OOooOOO touch Viper, he got his hands on a super secret blah blah blah blah blah demo of True Life.

Thats right...listen to Josh. Everyone touch me!!!! (that sounds aweful wrong)

and BTW Josh, its True Crime not True Life, but I forgive you :D

BigJosh359
09-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227

Thats right...listen to Josh. Everyone touch me!!!! (that sounds aweful wrong)

and BTW Josh, its True Crime not True Life, but I forgive you :D

Damn MTV....

mattgame
09-11-2003, 02:12 PM
I think every game that has music in it should have downloadable soundtracks. Does this one? I know where you got the demo from.