PDA

View Full Version : Egm Payed Off...lmfao

NO-KIDS-STUFF
12-18-2001, 05:21 PM
After browsing though a gamecube forum sight, the topic going around was EGM choosing XBOX over gamecube, then 1 person said that its a shame that a magazine like EGM could be bribewith money into picking the XBOX (I started laughing so hard I think I coughed up dinner) then everyone jumped on the bandwagon saying the bull**** like "yea, I believe it" ECT. Dayum, they wonder why I hate gamecube and all it's fanboys. 1!

XAddict
12-18-2001, 05:29 PM
you are correct, i really believe that a lot of gamecube fans are groupie's. THey probably have a little clan where they go home and play pikmin

xboxman_1
12-18-2001, 05:37 PM
I have the issue of EGM where they pick Xbox over Gamecube, and it was by no means saying xbox was better. The just added up a tally of what all the editors liked better, and xbox won like 6-5 or 5-4 or something like that. It was hardly a "bribe."

XAddict
12-18-2001, 05:48 PM
that shows its better. besides they are gonna keep it close for a reason. They need to keep sales up

ever watch wwf... there is your proof

NO-KIDS-STUFF
12-18-2001, 06:11 PM
Yea, I got that issue also, it was 6-5 XBOX, but the gamecube fanboys cannot handle the truth that there system is not even in the same building as the XBOX.1!.

terrapin
12-18-2001, 07:11 PM
I remember reading somewhere that EGM chose Xbox over the GameCube because the editors knew that the GameCube was going to do well. They reasoned that since the GameCube was a surefire hit that they needed to help the Xbox so that it wouldn't fail. All I have to say is what a bunch of fanboy BS!

AlBoogy
12-18-2001, 07:20 PM
Whats even better is that the next issue after the gc vs xbox issure they gave HALO the platinum award and 10s across the board! (ahem game of the month over mgs2 ahem) They also gave awards to oddworld and doa3. They gave awards to other games to but i dont have the mag in front of me. Im still surprised they are giving xbox a good reception. I expected egm and gamepro to rip xbox a new hole.

terrapin
12-18-2001, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
I expected egm and gamepro to rip xbox a new hole.

I thought that also. In issues before the release, they were VERY biased towards the PS2 and GameCube. That issue as well as the next were a complete turnaround. (*is referring to EGM)

AlBoogy
12-18-2001, 07:33 PM
I agree but even gamepro surprised me in there jan. issue. In the opening letter (by the editor) the heading says XBox rox our sox or something like that. He went on and on how they love xbox and how they were doing everything right.