PDA

View Full Version : Sweet, GTA 3 and VC Bundle for Xbox Confirmed!

DocHoliday78
09-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Well incase you guys didnt read on the front page, Its confirmed. We get GTA 3 and VC in a packaged deal. I wonder if they are gonna still charge 40-50 bucks for it. What do you guys think?

shapoopy
09-03-2003, 03:56 PM
excellent but i want to wait for it to drop a bit

rough_rida
09-03-2003, 03:57 PM
he.he.he. time to kill hoes for christmas.he.he.he

Fanboy5000
09-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
Well incase you guys didnt read on the front page, Its confirmed. We get GTA 3 and VC in a packaged deal. I wonder if they are gonna still charge 40-50 bucks for it. What do you guys think?

Yeah,I think we get shafted on the price.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action...ws_6074470.html

LynxFX
09-03-2003, 04:13 PM
I don't know if we get shafted that much on the price. You get both of them for $50. PS2 owners spent $100. So it isn't like they are trying to get that out of us. Where they do shaft us is that they then turn around and sell the same two pack deal to PS2 owners for $40.

l Maximus l
09-03-2003, 04:16 PM
For those games, $50 is priced about right. I'm assuming that this is a direct PoS2 port...

Fanboy5000
09-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
Where they do shaft us is that they then turn around and sell the same two pack deal to PS2 owners for $40.

Well yeah, thats where we get shafted. We pay more for the exact same thing.

El Latino Mafioso
09-03-2003, 04:24 PM
I'll only but it if they improve the graphics or include some xbox-exclusive goodies, but if they don't I am not wasting my money. I played them both and beated them on my ps2 so....l8ter

DocHoliday78
09-03-2003, 05:22 PM
They better not make it a ps2 port. They should have mp3 support like they did on the PC and a graphic face lift.

AlBoogy
09-03-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
For those games, $50 is priced about right. I'm assuming that this is a direct PoS2 port...

I read somewhere that it will have PC-caliber graphics. But that was the only thing they would say, no word on custom soundtracks though. Im pretty happy, I ALMOST bought Vice city the other day at Circuit City for 40 bucks (PC). I can wait a couple months.

Arven
09-03-2003, 06:59 PM
I'll put down $50 for it, and I'll bet so will a lot of other people. I know there is a lot of looking-down-the-nose at the GTA series, since it was the PS2's biggest seller, but I think it's a fairly good game. Not the best ever, but pretty good. And at two-for-one, why not.

Shadow20002
09-03-2003, 08:06 PM
Who cares ?? At the time it will come, we will get True Crime. :watchout:

CMX Jedi
09-03-2003, 08:20 PM
but ill look better...hell it looks better on pc than PS2

wbio
09-03-2003, 09:28 PM
I won't get it because I have both on PC, I would think that R* would improve the graphics, they did on the pc, even on my POS vid card, it looks a helluva lot better than on PS2

Unreal
09-03-2003, 09:40 PM
I am not picking it up and if I did they would have to make a big facelift to the graphics for me to change my mind.

l Maximus l
09-04-2003, 12:26 AM
hmmm...if this bundle is going to have the PC graphics instead of the PoS2 graphics, this may be worth it.

Personally, I liked the game far more on the PC than I did on the PoS2 (I haven't played VC on my PC yet, though)...and, yes, the graphics had a huge part in that. We all know the gameplay is awesome in GTA3 & VC, however, we should expect more when it comes to graphics... I think a PC port would definately make things better.

Variation-XBA
09-04-2003, 01:13 AM
As Ive said before.... /twirls finger.. We'll have True Crime by then, and Unless it offers something different from the PS2/PC version....its just a port.

It'll sell well though... /sigh

l Maximus l
09-04-2003, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by Variation
As Ive said before.... /twirls finger.. We'll have True Crime by then, and Unless it offers something different from the PS2/PC version....its just a port.

It'll sell well though... /sigh

My biggest concern with True Crime is the "locking" system in which you have to lock onto a target before shooting at them. Damn, I hate that type of set up....I hope it's not like Dead To Rights in that aspect...

Variation-XBA
09-04-2003, 03:36 AM
My biggest concern with True Crime is the "locking" system in which you have to lock onto a target before shooting at them. Damn, I hate that type of set up....I hope it's not like Dead To Rights in that aspect...

Even if so...Id rather play that than an older games that's lost its luster in after a week of play (GTA/VC)

Knight
09-04-2003, 01:17 PM

No there ports of the pc versions and the pc version is a port of the pos2 versions, so it's a port of a port.

mattgame
09-04-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Techi14
I'll only but it if they improve the graphics or include some xbox-exclusive goodies, but if they don't I am not wasting my money. I played them both and beated them on my ps2 so....l8ter

Beated them, did you say beated them. Ha. Hahaha. Aaaaaha,ha Haaaaaaa! Beated them! How long did it take you to beated them? Especially, when so much of your time is obviously spent listening to Hooked on Phonics the remix!!!:rofl:

Flood
09-04-2003, 01:35 PM
i cant wait! a few weeks ago i was thinking of buying a PS2 again just for those games...but now i dont have to :)

and that would be awesome if they had custom soundtracks. think of all the great songs you could listen to while you're driving around and running people over :)

Snoopy7548
09-04-2003, 02:01 PM
i bought a ps2 for vice city, and i never play it. hah. but i might buy this. ill try to sell my ps2 though.:)

mattgame
09-05-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA
i cant wait! a few weeks ago i was thinking of buying a PS2 again just for those games...but now i dont have to :)

and that would be awesome if they had custom soundtracks. think of all the great songs you could listen to while you're driving around and running people over :)

I just saw the screenies. Oh joy! They were of Xbox caliber. I change my mind I'm gettin' this one. Custom soundtracks? I couldn't take that, that would be too damn much! :D

LynxFX
09-05-2003, 11:41 AM
The PC version had the MP3 radio station so there is definately the possibility for a custom soundtrack.

I'll probably pick this up anyway, as I sold my PC GTA3 and only played VC at a friends house. It could be nice having both around just to pop in and create havoc around town. :D

mattgame
09-05-2003, 11:44 AM
The PC version had the MP3 radio station so there is definately the possibility for a custom soundtrack.

I'll probably pick this up anyway, as I sold my PC GTA3 and only played VC at a friends house. It could be nice having both around just to pop in and create havoc around town. :D

Were the graphics for the PC version as hot as those screenies that I saw? Please say yes, please say yes.

thrAsher
09-05-2003, 11:50 AM
First off...Lynx! The new sig is awesome!

And really, to get both games for $50 is not a bad deal. If we get the PC ports w/ some extras I might have to pick these up, as I've yet to play either game. I still think True Crime has the possibility of completely whuppin' up on these two and giving Rockstar some real competition in the genre.

LynxFX
09-05-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by t_howell

Were the graphics for the PC version as hot as those screenies that I saw? Please say yes, please say yes.
Yup....err I mean yes. :D

I saw high res screenshots on another website, IGN maybe? and it makes me wonder if they will try to make this game in HD. The screens were 720p.

And thanks thrAsher. :cheers:

DocHoliday78
09-05-2003, 12:33 PM
I dont think they are gonna try nad use the 720p, its rare aps2 port goes to that extra length.

mattgame
09-05-2003, 12:43 PM
I dont think they are gonna try nad use the 720p, its rare aps2 port goes to that extra length.

Party pooper.:mad:

LynxFX
09-05-2003, 01:36 PM
But it is more likely that they are porting from the PC version, which means that is very much a possibility since the first 'xbox' screens are in that res.

DocHoliday78
09-05-2003, 06:18 PM

But it is more likely that they are porting from the PC version, which means that is very much a possibility since the first 'xbox' screens are in that res.
Check and mate. Lynx wins. I didnt think of the pc to xbox port.

mattgame
09-08-2003, 08:43 AM
Game, set, and match!

hiter101
09-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Knight

No there ports of the pc versions and the pc version is a port of the pos2 versions, so it's a port of a port.

thats just great its like gettin sloppy seconds :watchout:

i dunno i might pick this game up if they drop it to 30 or maybe ill just get it used for 30 bux for both of em the magic of the internet :cheers:

mattgame
09-09-2003, 08:46 AM
Did anyone see the Xbox screenshots? They looked amazing people. I'm gonna cop this one.