PDA

View Full Version : Two questions about the xbox

yipy
06-21-2001, 12:39 PM
Will I be available to hook up the xbox to my computer moniter?

Will the dvd player on the xbox play any dvd's or just certain dvd's like the ps2.

Kamshaft
06-21-2001, 12:59 PM
These are really good guests both your questions...

"Will I be available to hook up the xbox to my computer monitor?"

No, unless you have some type of special cable/box that will convert the XBox's NTSC TV signal to a VGA signal. But might have a cable like the Dreamcast has.

"Will the dvd player on the xbox play any dvd's or just certain dvd's like the ps2."

Any DVD's, movies, XBox games, CD Audio, etc...Microsoft would be stupid to just have CERTAIN Dvd's play in their machine (maybe burnt dvd's might not play). They will also be releasing a remote control as a seperate option, so you can use your xbox as a DVD movie player. Kinnda like the PS2 already has.

EIGamerzX
06-21-2001, 01:23 PM
"Will I be available to hook up the xbox to my computer monitor?"
Actually I know I've read that Xbox will be VGA compatible somewhere.

yipy
06-21-2001, 05:23 PM
ok, cool hope the hook up to computer moniter will be available.

KevinM
06-22-2001, 02:14 AM
Yes the cat was let out of the bag yesterday in a Tony Hawk 2x preview at IGN. The developers said that support for Vga monitors was being included. Now whether or not that is an option that developers are actually going to have to include in their code has yet to be answered. Out of the Box.. or should I say out of the packaging, the probability of every title working on a computer monitor would seem slim. Developing for TV resolutions which are quite the odd size compared to desktop res, is probably going to be the norm. Personally I think that VGA support should be in every title. Once we start seeing network playable games, LAN parties will never be the same. Toting my 17" monitor is way more convenient than my 36" TV :p