PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory FPS features

Reclaimer
09-04-2003, 05:00 AM
I wanted to see what you guys, the hardcore FPS players would consider mandatory in a FPS game. I mean, if a game came out in the future, what would you require for it to have, to make it a solid game?

For me, I think every FPS game should have:

A lean mode.. where you can poke your head and weapon around a corner without exposing your entire self.

Good solid artificial intelligence... I want enemies that make me feel like they are trying to kill me. Not just scripted events that repeat. I mean, I want to feel hunted, or feel threatened. I want to see them react, and I don't want to be able to determine their tracklines they'll take because I've played that level before.

The good old fashion shotgun... You can't have an FPS game without a shotgun. It's a tool of the trade. It's the key to the door for urban operations. You can't breach/entry, you can't go into CQB without a shotgun - You have to have the right tool in your kit. Not only just a shotgun in a game, but I want a game where I can select what kind of shells I can use. Think of it: Press the white button to select '00 buckshot rounds, or select magnum slugs. Now you have a choice for crowd pleasing, or armor piercing.

I'll stop there because I could go on for awhile. What do you guys want in an FPS?

Shadow20002
09-04-2003, 02:25 PM
Yeah, Halo have a few things of what you have in your mind but it's not really the best ones. And for AI, Half-Life 2 will own you for sure cause you are the target in the game, they will hunt you until you die. :cool:

ghost 009
09-16-2003, 03:01 PM
It must have a majority of weapons or just weapons that are good and that ou can get really good with like in halo. You must always have a sniper rifle, pistol, and a rocket launcher. Must have blood in the game or have good game play

kenji
09-16-2003, 08:46 PM
Co-op and multiplayer are required. Sniper rifle and a shotgun are also required. Last, grenades are a must have for me.

lethaldosex
09-16-2003, 10:09 PM
A computerize women in your head gear telling you what to do!!!