PDA

View Full Version : Xbox football 2004

NPYYZ
09-04-2003, 02:56 PM
Well I have played the big 3- Madden, Fever, and ESPN.

Madden went back to the store, I still have fever but it will not be getting the same amount of play time as ESPN, ESPN is the best football game ever created.

Madden 2004 -6.5 - Tons of new features. I say so what. I don't care if I can change prices at the staidum, or even it I can build a new stadium. Hey EA learn how to make a football game that doesn't get boring after playing a handfull of games, and especially with no LIVE play this game falls way short. Playing against the computer is old news.
Graphics - Very PS2 ish , a result of this game being a port to the Xbox, I'm now done with EA Sports games , they chose to ignor the Xbox so I will ignor them and ther half assed products.

NFL FEVER 2004-8.5 - A very solid game. I loved 2002 , hated 2003 and I really like 2004. A much improved game over last year but MS still has a ways to go. All in all excellent game play, lots of fun and playing against the computer gives some good competition. Lot's of replay value, unlike the Madden snooze fest. Aslo Xbox LIVE and XSN sports, this ones a keeper.

ESPN Football 2K4- 10.0- This game is a football videogamers dream come true. I have been playing football games on game consoles since the Sega master system. I have played them all. ESPN football is a very polished game. The game play is smooth as glass, the graphics are the best I have seen and this is the most realistic game of football on the market. Every thing about this game has been done right. The game has gotton quite a facelift since last year. The play selection screen and the ability to change your line up while selecting a play is fantastic. New power moves are excellent and the running game is killer. The computer controlled players are doing what they are supposed to be doing, they don't jump into the air on defense way before the ball gets to them like last year, they wait for the ball and swat it down or pick it off (you can choose which). This game is much improved, I can't say enough about it. I haven't even tried the first person view yet. If your into console football get this game, it truely is the only one worth playing.

CarGuy
09-04-2003, 09:11 PM
You make good points about Madden but it deserves more than what you gave it, that's just ridiculous. I hope you're right about ESPN...

CharlieHustle
09-10-2003, 05:02 PM
He is right, this game is tight as hell. The running game is tight, the graphics are crisp, and the presentation is top notch. Tons of tackle animations, break tackle animations, team tacklin, one step hot routes, audibles on the fly or change the play completely at the line. And the replays and the profiles of the players during the game is the best ever. This game has it all.

Holt88
09-10-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by CharlieHustle
He is right, this game is tight as hell. The running game is tight, the graphics are crisp, and the presentation is top notch. Tons of tackle animations, break tackle animations, team tacklin, one step hot routes, audibles on the fly or change the play completely at the line. And the replays and the profiles of the players during the game is the best ever. This game has it all.

Only thing ESPN has over Madden is the running game, presentation and putting cb's on what ever wr you want. THAT'S IT. Other than that, I'll keep the play maker maker control.

CharlieHustle
09-10-2003, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Holt88

Only thing ESPN has over Madden is the running game, presentation and putting cb's on what ever wr you want. THAT'S IT. Other than that, I'll keep the play maker maker control.

Lets see... The playmaker control.. where you can point where your blockers can go, or where you receivers can go, right? Well if im right, they should know where to go anyways. Also, i am assuming that you have played ESPN already. right? Because, you should know about the passing game thats tight, the audible on the fly, right. The hot routs in like 2 button smashes. I cant hate on the madden because their runnin game was tight already, but in reality the only thing they added was that the DB's have more freedom and the playmaker control. Outside of that its THE SAME GAME. Im not here to be a fanboy because i still have the NCAA 2004 game, but since this game is also online(ESPN of course), and also a deep franchise mode, this could be the only football game to have. Let me put it like this, just start a game and watch the intro and all, this is just an example of the major overhaul that VC has done to the whole game. All i have to say is, try it for yourself, i was on the fence but when i saw the game at EB, and played it for about 10 minutes, my mind was made.

daonly1_27
09-13-2003, 09:02 PM
I have loved Madden from the time of SEGA and PS1. I think it was the best football game franchise ever made. But I must say that now...ESPN is wayyyyyy better. Everyone made valid points about playmaker controls on EA and hotroutes and defensive schemes on ESPN. But too me...the major difference is that ESPN put more thought into taking gaming to a whole new level. Not just another level, but a NEW level. Let me explain.

First Person...is OFF THE HIZZIE fo SHIZZIE. That means its super duper awesome. You feel as if you are really there. I mean you feel the play. The little two and three yard runs that you take for granted in normal mode you absolutely savor in first person. But you can't replace the feeling when you break through the line. But for real...when you play outside linebacker and you beat the blocking protection and crack the quarterback in the back. You can play First Person online as well. When the other team scores you have to watch them celebrate through your helmet. You also can get knoced out on conscience. And when you gain conscieceness you see the trainer looking at you. That is just phenomenom. They thought of everything this year. I dont know how they will top it.

I cant believe that EA did not think to do more with there game this year. And its not ONLINE.....what a huge mistake.

The CRIB mode is hot because you get to hook up your own place. And it actually means something when you beat the computer, gain rushing titles, make the allstar team, sack the QB, and everything else.

The most telling proof of its domination this year is that when I went to buy ESPN there were three people trading in EA madden. Also my friends come over to my place to play the game instead of me going to there place to play madden.

Anyway just thought I would settle the debate for 2004 football on XBOX

keyhole
09-13-2003, 09:17 PM
Hi my I'm Keyhole and I'm an video football addict....I've played each of the football game mentioned in this post and ESPN is the winner THIS year by far!!!! I will not bash Madden or Fever for that matter, but I WILL call it like (I) see it and ESPN gets MY vote as video football game of the year period.

NPYYZ
09-14-2003, 08:50 AM
ESPN Football looks so good and is so realistic , last night I sat and watched 2 games played by the Xbox by itself. It was almost as good as watching a real game on TV. I would never even consider doing this with Madden.

Dallas 24 - Giants 10
Titans 17 - Colts 7

Gdouble
09-18-2003, 01:36 PM
I dont know if there is a person on the planet that is more of a sports fan then myself......I buy every sports title that is released for the X-box, and this year the title thats was getting the most play up until about 2 weeks ago was "NCAA 2003".........It just delivers the college atmosphere perfect........Then came ESPN, and game times fliped, I had been playing Madden because I could import players from NCAA(after I sent them my warranty information and the shipped me a new disk, because of a flaw in the first shipped disks) and that is just fun as hell, but when I picked up ESPN, I lost track of all other games. The PRESENTATION is by far the best ever in a sports game!!!!!!! Now Madden is a great game also and has a few things like owner mode thats not included in ESPN but the over all game feel, and presentation is perfect in ESPN.........Just look at a game on Sunday night on ESPN, then flip on ESPN football in that there X-Box and tell me if you can tell the difference........Both games are GREAT, I just think ESPN is more polished, and dont let me forget its also "X-BOX" LIVE compatable.......Need I say more?????? Sorry almost forgot I have Fever 2003 just have not had the time to open it yet........I play Minor-League football and coach High School football so theres not enough time in a day, I will come back and tell you guys what I think of it soon.....Gdouble

Holt88
09-18-2003, 01:42 PM
The presentation get's boring. Plus you can't import players.

Gdouble
09-18-2003, 03:02 PM
Well up until about a week ago I couldnt, with Madden either, and to counter that though you can play "LIVE" and against other people around the country, and we both know that the "Human" factor makes the difference........