PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR: Maximizing Mission Vao

selowitch
09-05-2003, 12:42 AM
I'm trying to get the most out of the Twi'lek female, Mission Vao, as a party member. She has some neat qualities: She's terrific to use for such things as repairs, demolitions, and computers, no doubt. And she's indispensible for certain specific missions and plotlines, while being spunky and funny in a bratty kind of way.

However, she also has liabilities, like low vitality points and a high propensity for getting her baby-blue tuches blown off.

I'm particularly interested in exploiting her sneak attack ability to the greatest possible extent. The damage multiplier only applies within 10 meters, so we're talking a melee weapon or short-range blasters.

The trouble is, Carth and Canderous are both definitely better at guns than she is, and Zaalbar is probably a better overall choice at close range. Is the sneak attack worth the trouble? Also, stealth mode, while intriguing, is not really all that useful.

Suggestions? Comments?

RudedogX
09-05-2003, 09:22 AM
I think most people will tell you that mission is really an annoying character who does more harm than good in your party (which is why several people cheered a certain plot point on the dark side). In the end, I wouldn't even recommend bothering with Mission.:confused:

selowitch
09-05-2003, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
I think most people will tell you that mission is really an annoying character who does more harm than good in your party (which is why several people cheered a certain plot point on the dark side). In the end, I wouldn't even recommend bothering with Mission.:confused:

I don't disagree at all, and as a matter of good strategy, I acknowledge that other characters get the job done better. However, I'm replaying KOTOR for about the fifth time now and I'm looking for some variety in how I utilize the characters.

Yes, I've played the plotline you alluded to, and I can see there being some grim satisfaction there for some, although frankly I'd rather see it happen to her loser brother, Griff, than to her.

I tend to like a tri-Jedi lineup when possible, consisting of Jolee, me, and Bastilla or Juhani. There's always somebody ready with stasis or heal that way, and really very few opponents can stand against that.

It annoys me that on various occasions Malak and Bastila put the other two party members in stasis, with no opportunity to Force Resist or save. I realize that it serves the plot line and creates single-combat situations that otherwise would not materialize. Still, it's frustrating because Force Resistance doesn't have many practical applications, yet in those instances it would really come in handy.

RudedogX
09-05-2003, 10:29 AM
Yeah, that force resistance I tend not to even get because of the fact that those were the only times I really got it for, and you couldn't use it then. So it does suck that the programmers would make it that way, but I guess there's not much you can do about it. As for the set-up, the trifecta is definetly my choice, but I found having canderous in with a sith regenerator in addition to his own healing factor and two of the absolute best guns in the game and finally calo nord's armor...he was an unstoppable tank that not even Jedi could stop!:yikes:

selowitch
09-05-2003, 11:14 AM
As for the set-up, the trifecta is definitely my choice, but I found having Canderous in with a Sith Regenerator in addition to his own healing factor and two of the absolute best guns in the game and finally Calo Nord's armor...he was an unstoppable tank that not even Jedi could stop!:yikes:

Interesting idea. What do you consider to be "the best two guns" in the game? I thought perhaps that would be Cassus Fett's pistol and the Zrytek Mark III -- do you agree?

I would think that either the Mandalorian battle armor (on the Star Forge planet) or Cassus Fett's armor (purchasable outside the Jedi compound on Dantooine) would ultimately better than Calo Nord's, esp. once fully upgraded.

It's funny, because I have largely ignored Canderous to this point because his Heavy Repeater is so lame. I had forgotten about his healing power, and found Carth a little handier "off the shelf". But it sounds from what you're saying that, with a little modification, Canderous can really kick some Sith tail.

RudedogX
09-05-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by selowitch

Interesting idea. What do you consider to be "the best two guns" in the game? I thought perhaps that would be Cassus Fett's pistol and the Zrytek Mark III -- do you agree?

Well, in my case I actually ran through the game and used the duplication trick on Manaan to have myself a cassus fett pistol for all my characters carrying blasters, but yeah, I think those two make the grade too. As fo Cassus's armor, I have yet to get that an upgrade it since I find calo nord's armor to be sufficient. Also, I am waiting to see what comes in the downloadable content when they finally release it. It is supposed to have more hidden accessories for both shop owners and quests/caves. At least that's the rumor. Also, If you want to know where to get the sith regenerator, it's at the sith planet and the czerka trade officer has it in his shop. You can get an equivalent implant from the secret shop later, but it'll be about 2 to 4 k more.:cheers:

selowitch
09-05-2003, 11:53 AM

Well, in my case I actually ran through the game and used the duplication trick on Manaan to have myself a cassus fett pistol for all my characters carrying blasters, but yeah, I think those two make the grade too. As fo Cassus's armor, I have yet to get that an upgrade it since I find calo nord's armor to be sufficient. Also, I am waiting to see what comes in the downloadable content when they finally release it. It is supposed to have more hidden accessories for both shop owners and quests/caves. At least that's the rumor. Also, If you want to know where to get the sith regenerator, it's at the sith planet and the czerka trade officer has it in his shop. You can get an equivalent implant from the secret shop later, but it'll be about 2 to 4 k more.:cheers:

Thanks for the info. Interesting about the duplication trick; although I hadn't heard of it before in the context of "tricks" per se, I did notice some duplicate (supposedly "unique") items in my inventory, like two of Mission's Vibroblade(s), during one of my games.

I just assumed it was a bug and I didn't know how or when exactly it happened. Anyway, I'm a bit of purist and don't like to "cheat" (or as some would say, "use hidden features"), but I certainly don't mind others doing so. After all, it's a one-player game, for crying out loud!

RudedogX
09-05-2003, 12:25 PM
Exactly, but I only used the trick on my 3rd time through, so hey, whatever works.:wink: Gotta have some fun with it!