PDA

View Full Version : Espn Is Great!!!!

Apocalypso
09-05-2003, 08:44 AM
i am a casual football fan (very rarely watch it on tv) but i love playing football ON LIVE. I rented nfl fever 2004 and bought ESPN. All i can say is WOW!! This game is great, even better than last years (which i played to death). DEFINATE MUST OWN GO GET IT NOW!!!!!

:cheers:

CarGuy
09-05-2003, 04:29 PM
Instead of starting a new thread i'll just hijack this one. ESPN IS great, but it does has its little quirks.. For instance why does the kicker waddle up to the ball??? This is basically the first animation you see and they did it all wrong!!! I'm so used to the madden(correct) animation of the kicker slowly approaching and shuffling his feet. There is also minor framerate problems, very minor.. I also just heard the announcer say this "Number 83 makes the touchdown and......." :eek: This is just a first impression... Lots of other cool things also, like the presentation, and the fans are sweet. I like both games but ESPN does it for me because of Live.. I cant wait to get good and play it online! yay! I was great at Madden but this is going to take some time to get used to. BTW create a player is weak, no more big fat guys vs. little skinny guys (Madden :D ) But it finally a game that has Thurman Thomas' face mask.:cheers:

CharlieHustle
09-05-2003, 07:01 PM
Well, i just read both reviews from ign and gamespot. And now i am glad that i had waited to get this game, now, im off to the mall to get this one.

Seawolf1
09-06-2003, 04:55 AM
Job Well Done Sega!

I'm not going to knock Maddan because there are a lot of maddan fans out there and it is a good football game, but if you are an Xbox owner and you want a really nice football experience then you have to get ESPN Football. For the first time EA is being challenged in the Sports Videogames department and this type of competition is good for us in the long run.
Perhaps along with the Maddan challenge that you see asociated with the Super Bowl each year we will start seeing Sega sports getting into the mix and pumping up its marketing.
It's too bad Fever isnt quite up to the level that Maddan and ESPN is right now (although I've heard its a good game and getting better) because Microsoft could go toe to toe with EA anyday of the week and you would start seeing the Fever challenge at the SB.lol

Anyway, excuse my yappin, but I wanted to chime in and say ESPN is worth the money and a solid buy if you cant decide between the three like I couldnt.