PDA

View Full Version : Activision to Take Up Timesplitters 3 ?

Shadow20002
09-05-2003, 03:33 PM
RUMOR
=====

It's surprising revelation time as a recent financial report published by Eidos Interactive reveals that the company has decided not to pursue the option of publishing a third in the lucrative TimeSplitters first-person shooter series.
In the report, Eidos further revealed that it has also now terminated its agreement with developer Free Radical.

With Free Radical owning the TimeSplitters intellectual property in its entirety, Eidos's announcement has naturally sparked speculation concerning potential publishers for the as-yet-unannounced TimeSplitters 3.

Eyes are turning to Activision, which, as we revealed here, is to publish Free Radical's third-person action game (rumoured to be a survival-horror) Second Sight. Put two and two together and Activision seems the obvious choice, although the company has yet to make any official statement.

Source@ (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=96006)

shapoopy
09-05-2003, 03:41 PM
I didn't get why the second was good my opinion is it's gonna suck

Hugopolo
09-05-2003, 05:31 PM
You must not play it with friends then because with 4 people going and when you have like a bunch of wierd people unlocked and levels and stuff it gets real fun

Koopa
09-05-2003, 11:51 PM
i hope activision picks this game up, they support LIVE!

y2kash_14
09-06-2003, 02:15 AM
Timeplitters has the best multiplayer game out of all FPS's out there. The only way you couldn't have liked it is if you only played by yourself

SnoochyBoochy
09-06-2003, 12:20 PM
timesplitters 2's level of mediocrity was second to none.

Duke
09-06-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by SnoochyBoochy
timesplitters 2's level of mediocrity was second to none.

Gotta agree w/ that. Admittedly I have never explored the MP part of the game, but did roll through the SP at an alarimingly fast and non-entertaining rate.

SnoochyBoochy
09-06-2003, 01:07 PM
i played it for about a day and after that i had no desire to play again.

Hugopolo
09-06-2003, 03:29 PM
You people dont understand what a multiplayer game is. It doesnt mean play the sp mode it means playing 4 player split with all the bots on 5 stars in teams! You cant base a mp game on its sp game

SnoochyBoochy
09-06-2003, 04:01 PM
god dangit mr. polo man, i still dun thinks i know whats a multy playing game is, huk huk...

you stink. like poop.:eek:

KboT
09-06-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by SnoochyBoochy
god dangit mr. polo man, i still dun thinks i know whats a multy playing game is, huk huk...

you stink. like poop.:eek:
Spell is with me everyone, F-R-I-E-N-D-S!

WynnFire
09-06-2003, 08:00 PM
Normally I wouldn't care for anything Timesplitters related but, I just recently rented TS2 for GameCube and it's very fun. The aiming absolutely s*cks on the G-Cube but I got a kick out of the game. I am going to pick it up for the Xbox (only $20) and hope for a third.