PDA

View Full Version : Reliability questions

The Informer
09-06-2003, 08:11 PM
I was originally thinking of buying an Xbox about six months ago, but decided to put my purchase off for awhile longer in the hopes for a better deal on the system. Seeing how 2004 is going to be a big year in terms of exclusive games (Halo 2, Amped 2, Crimson Skies, Fable), I have two questions before I pick a system up.

- Are the "Dirty Disc errors" a thing of the past, is it a problem with the newer era of Xbox's?

- Has anyone had any reliability troubles with the Controller S?

Thanks for the help. :)

El Latino Mafioso
09-06-2003, 08:23 PM
Dirty disc errors are so old...don't happen with the new xboxs....and about the controller s, I have not encountered any problems with mine yet(8-9 months old)....l8ter

Shadow20002
09-06-2003, 08:39 PM
About dirty disk errors, it's just happen with Morrowind. All others works fine :)

ramprider0
09-06-2003, 09:59 PM
Mine works just fine I haven't had any problems with it and I'm really happy with my Controller S the Analog sticks and the buttons and joypad haven't even showed signs of wear and tear and I've had it since Christmas!

BTW if you do have problems when you get it just take it back and exchange it!

trabucles
09-06-2003, 10:07 PM
my brother spends 24/7 playing morrowind and he had never complained about "dirty disk" error and i got my xbox from the first generations. So i dont think you will ever have any problem.

OC Noob
09-08-2003, 12:24 AM
If you're looking for reliability problems buy a PS2:D

Chances are good that you can find a "disc read error" one of those;)