PDA

View Full Version : Tony Hawks Underground

cjskater
09-07-2003, 02:09 AM
Who all thinks this will be a badass game?

Flood
09-07-2003, 04:16 AM
i dunno if i would say its going to be "badass", but the series has gotten better with every new release...so the chances of T.H.U.G. being better than THPS 4 is very good.

for those that are skepical about it, i have played every other tony hawk game ad nauseum and will be reviewing Tony Hawk Underground for XBA once it comes out, so keep an eye on the front page for that :)

The Jackal
09-07-2003, 04:59 AM
it damn well better be good enough to buy... i was disappointed wit thps4.... this better make up for it!! :cuss:

WynnFire
09-07-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by The Jackal
it damn well better be good enough to buy... i was disappointed wit thps4.... this better make up for it!! :cuss:

Yeah, same here. I didn't like 4 at all. I liked the first 3 but just stunk. This one does sound like it's going in the right direction and that it might be fun, just have to wait and see though.

Dyslexic Chaos
09-07-2003, 04:51 PM
I love THPS4, I play it online all the time on the *cough*PS2*cough*. It's pretty sweet, as any game with TNT by AC/DC usually is :hail:

Variation-XBA
09-07-2003, 06:54 PM
Got it preordered for ps2 cause of online... Loved 4, so Im hoping this one will even surpass it.

Grandmoto
09-07-2003, 07:38 PM
i think its going to be an awsome game. you actually get to get off your skateboard and run or drive around.

wbio
09-07-2003, 07:45 PM
I think it'll be pretty sweet, so far 1 and 2 are my favorites, not sure why, but I play 2x more than 3 or 4

cheedoh
09-07-2003, 08:30 PM
Too bad it's not live enabled. If it was, i would get it. :p

Variation-XBA
09-07-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by cheedoh
Too bad it's not live enabled. If it was, i would get it. :p

Only reason I got 4 and THUG for ps2 :)

SnoochyBoochy
09-07-2003, 10:08 PM
the problem with the game has always been the levels. on occasion you get a few good spots, but for the most part, they stink..

no one wants to skate an airport or suburbia. i want to play realistic levels and skate spots that people would ACTUALLY skate.

thesecreted
09-07-2003, 11:17 PM
the tony hawk series have usually always been solid since playstation. *remembers old days* yet i don't think i'll be getting this anytime rather i'll rent it.

Liquid Gears
09-08-2003, 12:44 AM
Badass??

Hell yes.

Flood
09-08-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by SnoochyBoochy

no one wants to skate an airport or suburbia. i want to play realistic levels and skate spots that people would ACTUALLY skate.

umm....there ARE real skate spots in the series. Burnside is a real park, so is Woodworks(correct me if im wrong...i believe thats the name of the park)

and besides, the tony hawk series never claimed to be a simulation game. they put levels like Zoo, Tokyo, and Bullring in there for fun. it would get old after 4 games of skating "realistic" skate spots, but they're smart and they throw in 40 ft. half pipes, spiral rails, broken bridges, etc....

rough_rida
09-08-2003, 07:21 AM
Game looks great.:cheers:

Unreal
09-08-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by cjskater
Who all thinks this will be a badass game?
I am getting a little tired of the Tony Hawk games in general. I have Tony 1 & 2 for my Dreamcast and Tony 3 & 4 for my Xbox. I think they need to come up with something new before the Tony Hawk series runs the path of the Tomb Raider one.

Dyslexic Chaos
09-08-2003, 05:32 PM
ummm... THUG IS something new. Haven't you read ANYTHING about it yet?

I don't know what your looking for... Possibly Tony Hawk's Fly Fishing?

Unreal
09-08-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Jerred B
ummm... THUG IS something new. Haven't you read ANYTHING about it yet?

I don't know what your looking for... Possibly Tony Hawk's Fly Fishing?
I mean something other then a skateboarding game. To just end the series. But I guess my opinion of getting tired of it doesn not count if it goes against what you think. :watchout: