PDA

View Full Version : Halo Dirty Disc

Prankster101
09-07-2003, 04:04 PM
I was wondering if im the only person here how alot hof the time has a problem with dirty discs with halo on split screen or over xbconnect??

happyhotdog
09-09-2003, 05:43 PM
dude to get rid of the dirty disk on xbc all you do is play on spilt screen to one kill. quit and the disk dirty thing will be gone

Prankster101
09-09-2003, 06:29 PM
Cool thanks :)

ghost 009
09-11-2003, 08:00 PM
I had the same problem.

l Maximus l
09-11-2003, 09:08 PM
A quicker way to get rid of the dirty disc error is to simply choose your character, like you normally would...until you get to the "Searching for Games" screen. Instead of hitting "A" to join and then find yourself with the dirty disc error screen, simply hit "Y", as if you are going to create a game...then hit "B" to back out to the "Searching for games" screen again...then hit "A" to join. You have to do this only once every time you turn on your XBox.

It's as simple as that. Works every single time.

masta-chief
09-17-2003, 09:33 AM
i get that alot just playing single player, of course maybe thats because ive played the game so freaking much that the disc really is dirty

Shadow20002
09-17-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by masta-chief
i get that alot just playing single player, of course maybe thats because ive played the game so freaking much that the disc really is dirty

I notice that when you play in a closed room, you will get that more often. Try to open your door, open your windows to let fresh air coming in, so your Xbox won't be over-heated.

lethaldosex
09-17-2003, 11:50 AM
or go rent halo and switch it!:D

masta-chief
09-19-2003, 11:11 AM
i think you might be right about getting it fresh air. to tell you the truth, im really worried about my xbox's health. ive been getting errors like that more and more often and probably half the time i try to play the OXM demo discs. for some reason my xbox just doesnt like those discs. any ideas or do i have to invest in a new box and lose everything ive saved on Dasher (my current box's name)

Duke
09-19-2003, 01:50 PM
As far as the OXM demo discs, don't sweat it. Plenty of people have the same problem.

I've heard boiling works, but never tried it. I've only had 2 demo discs that I had trouble playing. Both wouldn't load the first 15 or so times I tried, but have worked flawlessly since.

Shadow20002
09-24-2003, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
As far as the OXM demo discs, don't sweat it. Plenty of people have the same problem.

I've heard boiling works, but never tried it. I've only had 2 demo discs that I had trouble playing. Both wouldn't load the first 15 or so times I tried, but have worked flawlessly since.

Talking about OXM discs, did you guys notice the recent issue have a better DVD cover than any precious one ? They have now a full plastic DVD cover for your disc so maybe there are not any problem during transportation. ;)