PDA

View Full Version : Damn, It has been a LONG!! four months.....

MixMasta
09-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Well, I'm not sure if most of you guys know, but I have been grounded from my Xbox ever since the beggining of May!!! It was all because of a terrible interim, which lead to a terrible report card, which lead to a sub-par summer which was pretty boring. But I can officially say, the wait is up!!

The live-in Nazi's have finally decided to let me have my Xbox back. With that said, there is a lot of catching up to do. First off, I traded about 9 of my games over the summer, mostly on TGN, so I have 9 "new" games to beat. Second, I have a missed a WHOLE LOTTA good gaming.

Thats where XBA comes into play. Money for me is limited at the moment, so I only have about 150 dollars to spend on about 600 dollars worth of Xbox gaming. Here are the current games that I have not played that came out while I was grounded and that I am interested(if not stoked!!) in picking up.

-Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
-SW: KOTOR
-MM3
-MC2
-MGP2
-Otogi
-RTCW
-SOF2
-SC2
-ESPN NFL 2K4
-Brute Force
-NBA Street 2

I want at least 2 games to be Live. For this, I am definitely gonna pick up Island Thunder, but as for the second, I'm not sure. Shall it be a shooter, or a racer? And to that point, which one in specific?? Or maybe pick up one of the new sports games?

For the third game, I want either another Live game, or a worthwhile purchase of a single player game. If I got Otogi, I could beat it and quickly trade it for another new game. SC2 I would probably keep to play with friends, and KOTOR will take crazy long hours to beat. Another factor on this is CAN IT WAIT?? I mean, is it absolutely necessary to buy now? Or can I wait until it comes down in price?? For single player games, this is definitely a possibilty, for Live though, I definitely need your help in deciding.

With that said, help me out guys, I need to return to the world of Xbox with a BANG!!(pun intended!)

So, answer the poll(Multiple Selections) and specify here with further reasoning!! Thanks a bunch guys!!

:cheers:

X-Fan
09-07-2003, 11:40 PM
do NOT!!!! get sof2.i am serious.kotor grit and rtcw are definete must buys so go ahead pick or find those 3.

Flood
09-08-2003, 12:43 AM
GR island thunder all the way!

OC Noob
09-08-2003, 01:05 AM
Buy your parents something nice...but I don't see that option;)

ramprider0
09-08-2003, 01:28 AM
You gotta get a racer man I really liked MGP2 it has really cool physics and the graphics are awesome its fun to just wheelie around the track:D On the other hand I haven't had the chance to play MC2 so I wouldn't know if it was good or not:(

RudedogX
09-08-2003, 07:28 AM
My recommendation, is GR:IT (for the tourney), then if you like RPGs...definetly KOTOR. Otherwise, Brute Force. And then for your second live game, well, I'd get ESPN Football, but if you don't like those games, then I'd get RTCW or PGM2 when it comes out.

Dyslexic Chaos
09-08-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
PGM2 when it comes out.

Sorry man, I must be out of it this early, but with is PGM2 again?

BTW, SOF 2 is VERY underrated. Even Alone In The Dark changed his mind on this game once he gave it a fair chance. Play the online alot, get used to it, and you may start to love it. Other than that, GRIT and MM3 or ESPN (going to rent it this weekend guys, so be ready :D) or Fever (underrated for sure, expecially when you are playing against a fellow XBA member, my fav so far being Dances With Broom Sticks ie. Scorcher).

RudedogX
09-08-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Jerred B

Sorry man, I must be out of it this early, but with is PGM2 again?

You're not, I am. I meant Project Gotham Racing 2. My bad. Need more sleep...damn football and late games!

Dyslexic Chaos
09-08-2003, 07:40 AM
Haha, which one you got rude, ESPN (probably) or Fever (doubtful). I'm renting ESPN this weekend to see if it floats my boat. Maybe we should get a game or two in.

RudedogX
09-08-2003, 07:56 AM
Yeah, I got ESPN. I prefer that. Also, if you want a comparison from someone that owns both, check with chaotic. He's got both, and liked fever till espn came out. It's much better than previous years.

Shadow20002
09-08-2003, 11:43 AM
Soul Calibur 2
Otogi
Brute Force
Ghost Recon: Island Thunder

JR Alberda
09-08-2003, 01:27 PM
NFL Fever rocks! I havent been able to try Live yet and it still is sweet. I moved out so I have yet to get my internet set up. I tried the ESPN demo and unless it was improved drastically it doesnt stand up to Fever. I hope it did get better because the demo was ugly and felt horrible to control (all IMO)

FragMaster B
09-08-2003, 05:09 PM
Gotta go with KOTOR. I just beat that today. One of my all time favorites. Was an amazing game... thinking about doing it again...

Unreal
09-08-2003, 05:15 PM
Since I am having alot of fun with Otogi right now. I pick that one in your poll.

kenji
09-08-2003, 06:54 PM
SC2 and KOTOR would be my number 1 choices for non-live games. They are both awsome games and I really want to get SC2.

CMX Jedi
09-08-2003, 07:29 PM
mm3 its been a wile sence i got it but its still fun :cheers: have fun

Cryogenic Pyro
09-08-2003, 08:23 PM
I'd say Otogi, SC2, and wait a couple months for Sega GT: Online.

DocHoliday78
09-08-2003, 08:43 PM
Kotor for sure, also street 2 is a awesome pick up

speedbuggy76
09-08-2003, 08:46 PM
Good to see you back man! I highly reccomend Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. It has some bug issues but is overall an amazing game. Also, I have only heard good things about Return to Castle Wolfenstein. DO NOT BUY BRUTE FORCE This "Halo killer" is utter crap. It gets repetitive, it's way too short, it's easy, and trying to play online on XBConnect is lagtastic! Just don't get it. :cheers:

Ford Mustang
09-08-2003, 09:08 PM
I agree. Brute Force is way overrated. Don't buy it. And also, you're right. Wait for SegaGT Online. This game is going to be SICK. I can't wait for this game. But until then, pick up GR:IT. Also, Jerred is right. SOF2 is underrated. This game is great online. It's kinda like RTCW but a little bit slower paced. Good stuff. RTCW should definitely be on your list though, if you don't already have it. :)

canadianboi3
09-08-2003, 09:25 PM
Get GR:IT for sure, and ESPN Football. Those are the 2 games of the year that you cannot miss. Both are amazing in there fields. (GR:IT is great for shooters, and ESPN is great for sports). You MUST get GR:IT though.

MixMasta
09-08-2003, 09:53 PM
OK, here is my current thoughts on the subject:

Tomorrow, I will definitely pick up Island Thunder. I will also pick two other live games: RTCW or SOF2 and NFL 2k4 or MM3...

I decided that I will hold out on the single player games for now. I can always borrow KOTOR in the meantime, I figure I will definitely buy it once the DC comes around. Otogi and SC2 can wait for a price drop IMO. So, what do you guys think of this solution??

BTW, thanks for all the current input!!

Toder
09-09-2003, 03:28 AM
looks like some nice choices there, but i would go with SOF2 than RTCW. the graphics may not be as sharp but the online gameplay is extremely fun. But the game does make up for sharpness with gore you can blow someone limbs off and watch the blood come gushing out when they hit the ground. Also i like the weapons better that RTCW. If you buy the game at a game stop i know they will let you try a game for a week and if your unsatisfied they will swap it for a different one. So if you have one of those type of stores around your area definately buy from them. I know i've bought some games and definately thought they sucked and took em back for other ones. you probally won't be displeased with either game.

Hunter-Seeker
09-23-2003, 10:18 PM
RTCW!!!!!

jabrre
09-23-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by JR Alberda
NFL Fever rocks! I havent been able to try Live yet and it still is sweet. I moved out so I have yet to get my internet set up. I tried the ESPN demo and unless it was improved drastically it doesnt stand up to Fever. I hope it did get better because the demo was ugly and felt horrible to control (all IMO)

I bought Madden 2004 and Fever 2004. Read my words.....Do not buy Madden 2004!! The game just seems deja vu to me. Granted, it was on a trade in with a junk PS2 game at my local EB, but I was still very disappointed with Madden 2004. Fever 2004 is the way to go, IMHO. The graphics rock and the audio is "Must hear TV" (Eat your heart out NBC). Whats preventing me from purchasing ESPN Football is this:

1)Chris "My Bills are gonna go all the way again this year" Berman. It will be a matter of time before Rush Limbaugh gets in the series. I was never a fan of Berman's and never will.

2)Those bad psycho fan commercials. Cmon, Sega....you could have come with a better advertising campaign than this.