PDA

View Full Version : have u reserved halo 2

CMX Jedi
09-08-2003, 07:31 PM
if u havent u better.gamestop is almost out of reserves.im not sure if the other stores are.

wbio
09-08-2003, 08:14 PM
I haven't, and am not going to, if I have to wait this long for it, I can wait a few more days. Plus there's no definite release date yet

Cryogenic Pyro
09-08-2003, 08:20 PM
Yep, I'm not reserving it either. If I feel like it, I'll reserve it some time in 2004.

Shadow20002
09-08-2003, 09:12 PM
I never reserved games...just going in stores then buying it. :p

Ugunnalose
09-08-2003, 10:02 PM
yeah i wont reserve

Prankster101
09-08-2003, 10:31 PM
i agree with you guys cause you never know when it will it will come out and if the place you reserved it from for some reason gets it later then it is released that would suck

Variation-XBA
09-09-2003, 01:13 AM
No need to since I work at EB ;) But I usually only Preorder when its about a month to be out anyways.

Always preorder stuff Im going to get though, cause we are guaranteed one, and sometimes comes with free stuff (thank you SC2) :)

SPARTAN VI
09-09-2003, 01:22 AM
I haven't reserved it, but my friend in NYC can ship me a copy of it before it releases in california. But by the time it gets here, it'll be already be in stores, so I'll just go put a down payment on Halo2 along with R6 3 and Fable. :)

luke72
09-09-2003, 06:52 AM
reserved mine a few months back. i don't wanna miss any of
that sweet halo goodness...if its ever released!!!:D

mattgame
09-09-2003, 09:46 AM
Reserved two copies myself. It's only 5 bucks and it all but guarantees that I will get my Halo2 on when the game hits the stores. Yeah baby.

Duke
09-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Eh, like most games I know I'll be buying and keeping I will, but it's a little early yet.

mattgame
09-09-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
Eh, like most games I know I'll be buying and keeping I will, but it's a little early yet.

What do you mean a little early yet? It's a lot early. However, I mean why not if you got 5 dollars around and you know you want the game? Is it taboo or something to reserve a game?

OC Noob
09-09-2003, 11:15 AM
Theres no voting option for won't reserve, but will still buy after release:cry:

LynxFX
09-09-2003, 11:49 AM
I'll wait to pick it up for $40 the first week. With so many good games coming those extra $10 really start to add up.

studepaber
09-09-2003, 11:53 AM
I've had it reserved months ago, that way I might get lucky and get it a day before its release.

mattgame
09-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
I'll wait to pick it up for $40 the first week. With so many good games coming those extra $10 really start to add up.

That's a good point. I guess I don't want to go to a store and they say "sorry, we only have enough for the folks who reserved it" I would be sick to my stomach. Literally.

LynxFX
09-09-2003, 01:56 PM
That's why you go to Best Buy or Circuit City or a major chain like that instead of EB or Gamestop which are big on preordering. :)

But if you have to have it the day after it ships then EB and Gamestop and similar specialty stores are it. :)

mattgame
09-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
That's why you go to Best Buy or Circuit City or a major chain like that instead of EB or Gamestop which are big on preordering. :)

But if you have to have it the day after it ships then EB and Gamestop and similar specialty stores are it. :)

Again point well taken. I try to get mines on the day it comes out. I am very impatient. :D

LynxFX
09-09-2003, 03:58 PM
Yeah I'm impatient too sometimes. :D

Papke
09-09-2003, 04:27 PM
I have my baby reserved at Funcoland!:D

l Maximus l
09-09-2003, 04:32 PM
I reserved mine, too....it's only $5 to reserve it...big deal.

I heard that there are more reserves for Halo 2 than there will likely be copies of the game! I better get mine on day 1.

Stormlord
09-09-2003, 04:36 PM
I agree with Lynx. I'll just wait in front of Target or Wal-Mart an hour or 2 before it opens. Because reserving is kind of shaky. Like when Vice City came out I had to haul ass to Gamestop because when a game is very hot (like Halo 2 is garanteed to be) they handle it by a first come first serve basis. SO why lay down some cash for a game you possibly won't be able to get on release day? So if you reserved try getting there before the store opens so you really could get your copy. :cheers:

l Maximus l
09-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Stormlord
I agree with Lynx. I'll just wait in front of Target or Wal-Mart an hour or 2 before it opens. Because reserving is kind of shaky. Like when Vice City came out I had to haul ass to Gamestop because when a game is very hot (like Halo 2 is garanteed to be) they handle it by a first come first serve basis. SO why lay down some cash for a game you possibly won't be able to get on release day? So if you reserved try getting there before the store opens so you really could get your copy. :cheers:

But, why would a store accept reservations in the first place? I already reserved my copy, but, I'll likely camp outside anyway ...just for the H. E. Double Hockeysticks of it :D

Papke
09-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I reserved mine, too....it's only $5 to reserve it...big deal.

I heard that there are more reserves for Halo 2 than there will likely be copies of the game! I better get mine on day 1.

I've already forked over all 50 beans for my copy, so I'll have to throw up the deuces if I don't get it that first day.

Stormlord
09-09-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

But, why would a store accept reservations in the first place? I already reserved my copy, but, I'll likely camp outside anyway ...just for the H. E. Double Hockeysticks of it :D

They do it dude trust me. They did it with the consoles, VC, Mech Assault...etc. If they expected to recieve 30 so they allowed 30 reserves...but not enough were made to meet demand so they only get 15. No one's name is officially written on it so whoever wants a copy has to beat the others to the punch line. Now I'm not saying there won't be enough Halo 2s for everyone but there's the possibility that not enough will be made. Just hope that MS won't do like Sony did with the PS2. :cheers:
As for waiting in front of the store I recommend doing it. You'll definately get one. :D

DocHoliday78
09-09-2003, 10:12 PM
It is too f'n early to reserve. I am not even thinking of that game right now, just HL 2.

l Maximus l
09-10-2003, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Stormlord

They do it dude trust me. They did it with the consoles, VC, Mech Assault...etc. If they expected to recieve 30 so they allowed 30 reserves...but not enough were made to meet demand so they only get 15. No one's name is officially written on it so whoever wants a copy has to beat the others to the punch line. Now I'm not saying there won't be enough Halo 2s for everyone but there's the possibility that not enough will be made. Just hope that MS won't do like Sony did with the PS2. :cheers:
As for waiting in front of the store I recommend doing it. You'll definately get one. :D

hehe...I hear ya, man...I'll likely camp outside anyway...just for the experience... And, I'll likely take a day off of work just to soak in all of Halo 2's glory :D

Hopefully it lands on a Friday so I can play it all weekend. The wife will *really* like that!

mattgame
09-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Amen!