PDA

View Full Version : BioWare's Next Xbox RPG

thrAsher
09-10-2003, 02:41 PM
Much thanks to the boys at BBB forums. ( :cheers: Vibrating Donkey)

Here is a link w/ a pair of pics of BioWare's secret project.

Jade Empire (http://www.pbase.com/loitus/inbox)

I'll dig up more info shortly....

Dre
09-10-2003, 02:55 PM
RPG in imperial China... made by Bioware. Sounds like a winner! Thanks man, thars the first info I've read on their new rpg.

thrAsher
09-10-2003, 03:03 PM
I know, Dre. That's exactly what I thought. Here's a snippet from a related post about Jade Empire on TXB.

The game has a lot in common with Fable. The protagonist (male or female) is a martial-arts student and he (or she) try to impress his master and the other person in his village. He has to made a long journey in the land of Jade Empire (a mixture of China, Maya and Atzech architecture). During the journey he’ll increase his ability and he’ll build his reputation (like in Fable). If we’ll choose the good way, the martial arts school will be even more famous and a lot of new student will come to us. If we’ll choose the evil way we will exile and we’ll enter in the evil army. During the journey we’ll learn new skills (Shenmue?) and we can choose which of them increase. The abilities could be hand to hand combat skill, with melee weapon (sword, knives etc. and also environment things like bottles and chairs), magic etc. Looks like it might have been Babblefished from the Italian mag the pics were scanned from....

Brevity
09-10-2003, 03:57 PM
Wow, I think that this has alot of promise, looks like there is some video out on it now I will have to check this out.

thrAsher
09-10-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Brevity
Wow, I think that this has alot of promise, looks like there is some video out on it now I will have to check this out. Video? Where is this video? :watchout:

Shadow20002
09-10-2003, 05:23 PM
Another good news about Bioware, now set in ancient time !!!

Fanboy5000
09-10-2003, 08:52 PM
Ahhhh, looks dope.

And of course, we can trust BioWare.

CarGuy
09-13-2003, 09:37 AM
"The prolific BioWare, after having developed the incredible Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic,(review in this issue page 50) shocked the Xbox world anew by announcing the development of another console rpg: Jade Empire.
The game will be set in a ancient an mysterious land, where the Imperial China's tradition mixes with Mayan and Aztec architecture giving birth to a really impressive context.

In this mystical world you'll be a young martial arts student, trying to gain the respect and admiration of your teacher and the townsfolk.
In his trousers –that can be said to be rather girly- you'll have to set off in a long journey across the land that makes the world of Jade Empire, developing our skills and building a reputation that, like Fable teaches, will precede you anywhere you go. You'll be able to be good or evil, changing the resto of your voyage through your actions.
Acting like wise warrior you'll bring honor and riches to your village and the combat school you chose; getting new habitants and others inspired by your journey. On the contrary, assuming a negative portfolio you'll be branded a bandit in your hometown.

At the same time that you develop your reputation, you'll be able to develop your fighting school. You will learn new skill during the game, and you'll be able to choose the ones that fit you better. The high customization of the skill system will be reflected even in the aesthetics of the combat, a mixture of street fighting, military training, magic arts, and martial arts that looks convincing and spectacular as if it was lifted from the mind of Yuen Wo Ping.
With a next generation engine, Jade Empire will be al this and much more"

thAshAdyOne
09-13-2003, 05:30 PM
damn BioWare is the best...plain and simple i know they're already gettin ric hoff of KOTOR plus this?! oh my god the President must use hundreds to wipe his ass!

This game looks tight as hell and i know i have to get it

Nuclearcow
09-24-2003, 11:51 AM
There is a Huge article (5+pages if I remember correctly) about this game in Game Informer magazine this month. It sounds simply amazing, and fun too.

Shadow20002
09-24-2003, 01:14 PM
If those words is in english...:o

Nuclearcow
09-25-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
If those words is in english...:o

:huh: