PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Hockey

NPYYZ
09-10-2003, 07:56 PM
I got this game today and it is fantastic. Graphics, gameplay, presentation, everything is excellent. Very smooth playing game, tons of options. By far the best hockey game I have played. The ESPN line of games seems to be the way to go. Right on Sega for taking the time to do it right.

I'll post more after a few more games, going to check it out on Live.

CrazyCougar
09-10-2003, 09:15 PM
The game absolutely rocks!!!!! Any game with "We will Rock You" playing over the PA rocks!! So much more to the game but that'll be in my review.

thevald
09-11-2003, 11:59 AM
How is the game play, is it real or fake? IE do you score 20 goals in a game with over 500 shots on net?

Is this game live?

NPYYZ
09-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by thevald
How is the game play, is it real or fake? IE do you score 20 goals in a game with over 500 shots on net?

Is this game live?

The gameplay is the best I have seen, smooth , fluid, very realistic.

How much you score will depend on a few things.
What level you play on, and what teams are playing.
I played as the Flyers against the Bruins on Pro, 5 min periods (real time) and the score was 4 to 1 Flyers. On the higher levels it is much tougher to score. Hint , if you want to score on the harder levels master the one timer.

Yes the game is Live Enabled.

NPYYZ
09-14-2003, 08:57 AM
Well I have played a few more games, (hard to get myself away from ESPN Football) A few against the computer and a couple on LIVE. This game is unbelievable. At times I feel like I am watching hockey night on ESPN. How the announcers keep up with the action the way they do is amazing. There has never been a hockey game as good as this ever, and I am (was) a huge fan of the EA sports hockey games. There is so much about this game that is so good, if you like hockey you will love this game. ESPN is the new king of sports gaming. Can't wait for ESPN basketball.

superBrad
09-14-2003, 12:18 PM
couple questions bout the game:

1. Can you have a custom player in Franchise mode? that ****ed me off so much last year

2. Is there a helmet cam...kind of like watching the game through the players eyes....you all know what i am talking bout :)

VenoM
09-27-2003, 08:35 PM
just got the game yesterday and i have a prob......the NY Rangers came without Messier on the team......he comes in the free agent pool.....anyways...i sign him up and his number isnt 11 :( whats up with that....the man has always been # 11 but every time i try signing him they give him some random #...my question is....is there anyway to change a jersey # manually? if not i guess i'll just wait for a roster update :eek: so far the game is great....its way deeper then last years :) havnt tried it on live yet...wanna get my skills up alittle before i do

CrazyCougar
09-28-2003, 09:06 AM
You should be able to edit any of the player attributes or characteristics. Try going to the team rosters page and editting it there. This should save any roster changes you made for the whole game in any game play mode. Just a suggestion as I am not sure, but think you can. I know you can edit the retro teams and they stay edited with whatever info you input.