PDA

View Full Version : Enough of the ads

Mcren
12-19-2001, 01:52 PM
Dear administrators,

All I want for X-mas is for you guys to remove those stupid pop-up ads from this site. I could handle maybe one ad, but every time I look at screen shots a new one comes up. I know it makes money for you all, but isn't there a better way? I would even be willing to send you a dollar if you stop them.

Thanks

bonk
12-19-2001, 01:53 PM
Yes, and please, please also remove whatever makes it so that when the page it loaded, it puts it in front. That is really annoying when I'm surfing on multiple pages.

-bonk

l Maximus l
12-19-2001, 01:56 PM
Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen....if it weren't for the pop ups, our XBoxAddict Administrators would not be able to provide us insane Xbox addict members the great news, views, and reviews....I think it's just a minor inconvenience, but, the content and buddies on this site make up for it EASILY :D That's my humble opinion

Ninja Scroll
12-19-2001, 01:58 PM
You two new cats and anyone else who joins this forum or come to this website had better get used to it cause we old xboxaddict cats have already been through this topic several times already.
you guys just got ot understand that this is how the site has to work to continue to stay afloat.
Trust me, the annoying pop up ads are worth it here!

LynxFX
12-19-2001, 02:39 PM
Click here (http://download.cnet.com/downloads/0-10059-100-7774404.html?tag=st.dl.10001-103-1.lst-7-1.7774404) and all your problems go away.

leecow
12-19-2001, 02:53 PM
Thanks Lynx ... much better now :)

LynxFX
12-19-2001, 03:00 PM
Haven't seen an add since. :)

but shhhh don't tell the admins. ;)

Mcren
12-19-2001, 03:41 PM
Don't make me start singing that song "All I want for X-mas", because it won't be my 2 front teeth. :D. It's X-mas, give us a break. Why not put more ads on the page instead of forcing them on you?

Brian
12-19-2001, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
You two new cats and anyone else who joins this forum or come to this website had better get used to it cause we old xboxaddict cats have already been through this topic several times already.
you guys just got ot understand that this is how the site has to work to continue to stay afloat.
Trust me, the annoying pop up ads are worth it here!

Dam right my brotha from anotha motha! lol :D

redrum237
12-19-2001, 03:59 PM
If they didnt have the ads how could they give away free stuff

like tonight at 9:00 in the chat area they will be giving away free dead or alive stuff.:) :)

::Hopes Everyone Who Works At XboxAddict Sees This Post And Decided To Give Me The Free Game:::D

Mcren
12-19-2001, 04:06 PM
When do I get to change my title? I went to the Q&A and I can not figure where to configure it. Do I have to reach a certain amount of posts?

I have flipped thru the Q&A and I have 5 ads in my task bar. One is for a PS2. What is that?

terrapin
12-19-2001, 04:08 PM
I have no qualms with the ads on this site. I think they are well done and as unobtrusive as they can be. Just be thankful this site isn’t like IGN. They are horrible. Their ads are everywhere in the middle of the pages, in between pages and they force that insider crap on everyone.

l Maximus l
12-19-2001, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by terrapin
I have no qualms with the ads on this site. I think they are well done and as unobtrusive as they can be. Just be thankful this site isn’t like IGN. They are horrible. Their ads are everywhere in the middle of the pages, in between pages and they force that insider crap on everyone.

Ah, but, my buddy, Terrapin...you know what "insider" is though, right? lol...I guess it is working! lol....but, seroiusly, I know what you mean, IGN sucks bad when it comes to pop ups :eek:

XAddict
12-19-2001, 05:23 PM
I dont really think the pop ups are that bad- but thats just me

Mcren
12-19-2001, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by leecow
Thanks Lynx ... much better now :)

Thanks for the link!!! Works better then I thought

LynxFX
12-19-2001, 06:24 PM
Yeah I have no problem with 1 or 2 popups but 6!?! plus the one that goes across the screen on the main page. Ouchie.