PDA

View Full Version : XBox Rumors

Knight
09-11-2003, 06:03 AM
http://xboxgamers.com/index.php?temp_view=page.php&id=101

Seawolf1
09-11-2003, 06:48 AM
When I started doing research on the Xbox before I bought one I had read in several articles that Game developers actually prefer designing games for the Xbox with its DirectX code. It seems its easier to build a game for Xbox than it is for PS2 and the power of the xbox allows developers to do more with thier software. At least thats what I read.lol;)
This new game True Crime might give GTA a good run for its money anyway, but its nice to see companies like Rockstar switching over from the dark side.lol Why only develop for one gaming system when you can do it for two and make twice the money.

Highlite23
09-11-2003, 08:14 AM
Seawolf1, I'm with you all the way............why in gods name would ANY company want to limit it's potential profit.

Like or not mister developers, the XBOX is here to stay and the user base is growing daily. How do you sleep at night seeing all those dollars floating out the window?:D

DocHoliday78
09-11-2003, 05:22 PM
I thought Rockstar resigned thier contract with sony. Or was that just the gta 4 exclusive rights that was signed?

Shadow20002
09-11-2003, 06:58 PM
But we still have a lot of delays in game !!! :eek:

Dyslexic Chaos
09-11-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by highlite23-XBA
Seawolf1, I'm with you all the way............why in gods name would ANY company want to limit it's potential profit.

Like or not mister developers, the XBOX is here to stay and the user base is growing daily. How do you sleep at night seeing all those dollars floating out the window?:D

simply, Sony offered Rockstar $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to get GTA exclusive to PS2, probably more than if every Xbox owner bought a copy, because sony new that GTA was a HUGE PS2 selling point, and that MS would be weakend by not having it...

BTW, did ne1 else notice that when the info that GTA was to be on xbox, it was because they got rid of the Grand Theft Auto name, but now GTA is ON THE BOX! WTF is going on? Or is it being released early 2004 (when their Sony Contract is up)?

Viper87227
09-11-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Jerred B

simply, Sony offered Rockstar $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to get GTA exclusive to PS2, probably more than if every Xbox owner bought a copy, because sony new that GTA was a HUGE PS2 selling point, and that MS would be weakend by not having it...

BTW, did ne1 else notice that when the info that GTA was to be on xbox, it was because they got rid of the Grand Theft Auto name, but now GTA is ON THE BOX! WTF is going on? Or is it being released early 2004 (when their Sony Contract is up)?

Sony and Rockstar now have a new contract. GTA 4, set to release early 2004, has been signed to be exclusive to PS2. They did not resign GTA3 and Vice City into there contract. My guess is because of the negative responce the port has gotten. Once rumors were floating around, alot of people had the attitute of "played it, want something new". Sony was probably hoping that getting the old GTAs would backfire, not benifiting the system of bit, and all the while Sony still held onto GTA4, the next big game in the series. Sony could have a startegy here, dont give other systems your big exclusives until noone wants them anymore!