PDA

View Full Version : game suggestions please

soundfx500
12-19-2001, 04:01 PM
hello all,

i got my xbox a couple of weeks ago i have been renting games i would like your suggestions on what i should get i already have or am getting soon

HALO
DOA3 (havent opened yet is it work it?)
Madden NFL 2002 (dont want nfl fever
SSX Tricky (dont want amped)

what other games should i get

Markus_Kalarkus
12-19-2001, 04:21 PM
ur all set buddy those games are all extremely cool. YES!!!!! open DOA3 thats my top 2 games!!!!!!:D :D :D

l Maximus l
12-19-2001, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by soundfx500
hello all,

i got my xbox a couple of weeks ago i have been renting games i would like your suggestions on what i should get i already have or am getting soon

HALO
DOA3 (havent opened yet is it work it?)
Madden NFL 2002 (dont want nfl fever
SSX Tricky (dont want amped)

what other games should i get

Well, dude...I don't know if i can help you very much...because I absolutely love NFL Fever and Amped. So, perhaps, my advice won't work for ya. I'm not into PS2 ported games like SSX and Madden.

Twisted J
12-19-2001, 06:38 PM
im with max, i like fresh games too.
but munch is keeping me busy. maybe its cuz im a retard, maybe its cuz the game is hard.

Satch
12-19-2001, 06:43 PM
hell yeah open doa 3!!!!! awesome game man! MAXIMUS!!! SSX TRICKY is too cool bro!! lol. but anyhow, those four games are excellent in my opinion.

personally, i am going to get

1 - HALO
2 - ODDWORLD : MUNCH'S ODDYSEE
3 - BLOOD WAKE!!!!!!
4 - SSX TRICKY
LATER ON......SHENMUE 2, MEDAL OF HONOR, MEDAL GEAR SOLID X,GTA 3, the list just goes on

( doa 3 would have been 2nd on my list but my friend is getting it.....open that sucka!!!)

Tempest87X
12-19-2001, 08:06 PM
max payne , Nba Live (rented, i think its pretty good)
Im with maximus on the ps2 port thing and i liked fever and amped and there #1 and 2 on my list .

Select50
12-19-2001, 08:44 PM
NBA LIVE 2002 IS HORRIBLE!!! i could get these graphics and gameplay on pS2!! give me a break.. i'm waiting for NBA 2k2 to come out.. and i'll have to trade in my piece of crap LIVE!!! i pray daily that 2k2 is better than live

GamerSince'76
12-19-2001, 08:52 PM
1. WWF Raw
2. NBA Inside Drive
3. RallySport Challange

All coming out soon.

VAN
12-19-2001, 09:17 PM
Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey is a MUST have.

Go buy it.

Go on!

Off with you!

soundfx500
12-20-2001, 07:03 AM
i rented munch and beat it in 10 hours so....

Chr0nik
12-20-2001, 08:04 AM
Thats all.

Vteck3000
12-21-2001, 12:33 AM
I definitly suggest that you OPEN HALO NOW. That is the game you buy and play when you get the XBOX. No other game will make you play and get use to the controller like that one :D

Snoopy7548
12-21-2001, 11:20 AM
definitely get project gotham racing. it is a great game with really good replay value. its really hard, but fun. its not one of those really easy racing games, it requires skill.

l Maximus l
12-21-2001, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
definitely get project gotham racing. it is a great game with really good replay value. its really hard, but fun. its not one of those really easy racing games, it requires skill.

I agree, dude...PGR is a must have...definately not easy...lots of replay value on this mama jama :D

Hey, VAN, I'm getting Oddworld in a couple weeks! I'll let you know how I like it... It seems to be an amazing game and just plain fun :)

Oh yeah...and Satch...dude, it's cool if you like SSX Tricky and all...But, I have a nephew that has PS2 and XBox and I have played SSX Tricky on PS2 several times...So, I get my SSX Tricky fix whenever I need to :D But, I can't find a way to justify buying that game for the XBox if it is a direct port. In my opinion, Amped crushes SSX Tricky, but, I like freestyle boarding far more than racing, so, it depends on what you like better: racing or freestyle :) Also, I find that beer tastes better while performing triple backflips :D In regards to ports, I see no problem in getting a direct PC port that is on the XBox like Max Payne (that game serously ROCKS!!) especially since I never owned it...in fact, I have never seen the game in action until I got it...I absolutely love that game!

Brian
12-21-2001, 04:56 PM
I have Halo, Amped: FS, Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee, DOA3, and Max Payne.

I suggest Halo if you've ever enjoyed FPS such as: Unreal Tournament, Quake(I, II, III: Arena), Half-Life, Delta Force(1, 2, or 3), etc. Halo is a game with outstanding graphics(like you've never seen them or heard that before, right?). It gets your adrenilin pumpin' and it also has a great multiplayer. :D

I suggest Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding to anyone who has played Cool Boarders for PS, or 1080ยบ for N64. And if you're an experienced snowboarder.. this game will bring you directly into it! :)

Darn, that's all the time I have now.. sorry heh I gotta go. I think you should be all set for awhile with the games you have.. :cool:

Later.