PDA

View Full Version : Important Crimson Skies Question for the Few who played it at E3

Voodoo_Vince
09-12-2003, 01:41 AM
I am wondering about the controls? all I have read was they are tight and good, I have one Question , can you control your speed? I played allot of Red Baron and for any good Dog fight you have to be able to control your speed, so please let me know, and it's a stupid question because it's an Almost No brainer but I have to know for sure

RudedogX
09-12-2003, 07:31 AM
Yes, you can slow the plan down and speed it up with boosters or jets or whatever they were calling them. So yeah, speed is definetly something you can control in the game and the controls were definetly tight!

LynxFX
09-12-2003, 11:53 AM
Yup very tight. Some cool 'extras' as well like doing reverse barrelrolls to evade enemies or switch directions. A couple different tricks like that.

thrAsher
09-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
Yup very tight. Some cool 'extras' as well like doing reverse barrelrolls to evade enemies or switch directions. A couple different tricks like that. Can you perform an Immelman Turn (http://www.rowlinson.ca/mjrc/manoeuvres/immelman.htm)?

*edit* Not as cool a maneuver as I remembered it to be....:( Good evasive maneuver, though.

Kraft
09-12-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher
Can you perform an Immelman Turn (http://www.rowlinson.ca/mjrc/manoeuvres/immelman.htm)?

*edit* Not as cool a maneuver as I remembered it to be....:( Good evasive maneuver, though.

Course you can pull off Immelmans (aka HammerHeads). You can also do Split-S's, Cuban 8s and whatever other air combat maneuvers you happen to know. It is a free flying experience meaning you can fly your plane kinda like a real one.

Voodoo_Vince
09-12-2003, 03:38 PM
Kick @SS!! I can't wait fof this game now, Thanks for the Info, See in the Skies in October! (unless they push it back again :( )

PoetSaskia
09-12-2003, 04:22 PM
This game looks cool, but, what I want to know is, why does it look like the plane is flying backwards, with the propeller at the rear?

Voodoo_Vince
09-12-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by PoetSaskia
This game looks cool, but, what I want to know is, why does it look like the plane is flying backwards, with the propeller at the rear?

Because it's a Rear push plane , the very first airplanes all had a Rear push prop, there are a few planes today that still use a Rear push , mostly Float planes and Private Luxury Prop planes ,

it gives an excellent Advantage in fights, Most push prop based vehicles are Swamp boats now though,

PoetSaskia
09-12-2003, 04:35 PM
weird, I have never seen one before.

Kraft
09-12-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo_Vince

Because it's a Rear push plane , the very first airplanes all had a Rear push prop, there are a few planes today that still use a Rear push , mostly Float planes and Private Luxury Prop planes ,

it gives an excellent Advantage in fights, Most push prop based vehicles are Swamp boats now though,

If you have ever flown in one, you would know that push planes are niiiiice :) With the engine and the props behind you there is a lot less noise and it is a quieter ride. The only disadvantage is they don't handle turbulence nearly as well as a standard prop plane as they don't have the prop in front of them to drag them through the rough air.

IlliniFan86
09-12-2003, 07:19 PM
I'm really lookin forward to this game, I hope it doesn't disappoint.

Voodoo_Vince
09-12-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by IlliniFan86
I'm really lookin forward to this game, I hope it doesn't disappoint.

I think most of us are. and since after E3 I haven't read of anyone who doesn't like it,

IlliniFan86
09-12-2003, 07:56 PM
yeah, I think its gonna be sweet

Arven
09-12-2003, 10:29 PM
I was looking forward to it, until I heard some previewer (XBN?) liken it to Mech Assault. That killed my interest. I'm not interested in a plane-based Mech Assault.

LynxFX
09-12-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Arven
I was looking forward to it, until I heard some previewer (XBN?) liken it to Mech Assault. That killed my interest. I'm not interested in a plane-based Mech Assault.
Good because it isn't.