PDA

View Full Version : "S Video???"

Markus_Kalarkus
12-19-2001, 04:19 PM
hey maximus or anyone what even is an s video or cable or whatever cuz i do want thew best image possible!:D so could u tell me exactly what it does and where it goes in stuff. thnx alot:D

l Maximus l
12-19-2001, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Markus_Kalarkus
hey maximus or anyone what even is an s video or cable or whatever cuz i do want thew best image possible!:D so could u tell me exactly what it does and where it goes in stuff. thnx alot:D

Dude, no sweat. S-Video is simply an input on the back of your TV. Check and see if you have it. It will look like an input that has about 5 little holes so an S-Video cable will plug into it (the cable will have a five pins so it will insert into the little holes, to make it sound simple).

If you discover that you have S-Video, then, purchase the Advanced A/V Pack and use it to hook up your XBox. The Advanced A/V Pack has an S-Video cable which will provide your video image to me much richer and you will, innevitably, have a cleaner image. If you don't, the standard RCA cables that come with the XBox will do just fine.

The order of quality from lowest to best starts with RCA, then Component Video, then S-Video, and then Optical (Optical is great, but is an overkill if you don't have an HDTV or Plasma TV).

Hope that helps, buddy! Good luck :D

Hugh_Jass
12-19-2001, 07:03 PM
Actually, it's

1) Composite (Good)
2) S-Video (Better)
3) Component (Best)

(At least in terms of XBOX video)

Heyyoudvd
12-19-2001, 07:10 PM
yeah, people always get confused between composite and component. Composite are the lowest quality, and the cords are red-yellow-white.

Component is the highest quality, and the cords are red-blue-green.

With old consoles, there used to be a lower quality than composite ( I forget what it was called), but obviously, they didn't used to have Component or even Svideo.

LynxFX
12-19-2001, 07:48 PM
Oh yes the good ol' RF-adaptors. :)

And Maximus, don't forget that optical is just for audio. Doesn't matter what tv you got for that. You just need a receiver with an optical connection. :)

XboxGamers
12-20-2001, 03:37 PM
I got an S-video cable hookup with my Xbox and WOW it looks clean and sharp! ;)

l Maximus l
12-20-2001, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
Actually, it's

1) Composite (Good)
2) S-Video (Better)
3) Component (Best)

(At least in terms of XBOX video)

I stand corrected! Thanks, dude!

l Maximus l
12-20-2001, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Oh yes the good ol' RF-adaptors. :)

And Maximus, don't forget that optical is just for audio. Doesn't matter what tv you got for that. You just need a receiver with an optical connection. :)

Oh, I see...how about for video? Is there a better video connection than Component video?

LynxFX
12-20-2001, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Oh, I see...how about for video? Is there a better video connection than Component video?

There's always something better. ;)

DV-I is probably the best. Pure digital signal from point A to point B. You will find this on newer projectors, lcd monitors, and some HDTV's I think? It is only useful right now if you are coming from a computer. Haven't seen a dvd player yet with one but that sure would be cool.

Hugh_Jass
12-21-2001, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

There's always something better. ;)

DV-I is probably the best. Pure digital signal from point A to point B. You will find this on newer projectors, lcd monitors, and some HDTV's I think? It is only useful right now if you are coming from a computer. Haven't seen a dvd player yet with one but that sure would be cool.

:salivate: