PDA

View Full Version : HATED Morrowwind, will I like KOR?

sdunlop
09-13-2003, 10:32 PM
I hate morrowwind. I finished it, didn't cheat. And thought it was probably the most boring game that I've ever invested so much time in.

My big beef was that it was so slow, so much walking around, and so little action. I was so happy when I finished it. I probably read more during that game, than I did getting my Masters degreee.

So, I'm hesitant to by KOR, the reviews have been good, but so were the reviews of Morrowind.

With that being said, will a person that hated Morrowwind that much, enjoy KOR? and why.

thrAsher
09-13-2003, 11:51 PM
Knights of the Old Republic will fulfill your RPG needs, plain and simple. It is in depth, with an interesting combat system. It's no twitch fest, and it plays like a movie. Despite tiny graphical glitches (the game never has crashed on me), KotOR is a fantastic game. There is so much depth, in albeit a linear space, that you will find yourself hard pressed not to give it another go. Altogether a fantastic, rewarding one-player gaming experience. Where Morrowind has depth, Kotor has story and action.

pepitonet
09-14-2003, 12:11 AM
i would say that you provably would like this game since it is on the other side from morrowind and that can also make it suckie i would extrongly recoment reading the thread of mine that says things you hated about kotor it should be somewhere down or next page but as far as investing long time on it don't worry you will fisnih it before you even get to realize it .took me 32h:12m on normal mode with 65% of all the side quest done in light mode
and 35h:16m in hard mode with 100% of side quest very different from morrowind where at 80+ hours and still a bunch of stuff to do

Arven
09-14-2003, 11:04 AM
I'm going to say pass on KOTOR. You won't have to READ a lot, but there is a LOT of dialog (largest videogame script ever). It slows down the action. The pace of action isn't very fast, and the combat gets a little repetitive. It's an RPG. There are a couple of times I thought about quitting KOTOR, because things were moving too slowly, and I was getting bored. So, I'm betting this one will not move quickly enough for you, not have enough action to keep you entertained.

Shadow20002
09-17-2003, 10:29 AM
Wait until Sudeki will be out then decide which one you gonna get. :P

kfw
09-24-2003, 08:11 PM
Well Kotor talks alot, and Kotor is almost the same as Kotor without the lightsabers lol, and you cannot fight anyone you want like Morrowind, this is probably not your type of game to much talkin :D

Duke
09-25-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by kfw
Well Kotor talks alot, and Kotor is almost the same as Kotor without the lightsabers lol, and you cannot fight anyone you want like Morrowind, this is probably not your type of game to much talkin :D

Morrowind is nothing like KOTOR IMO. I didn't even really find anything tedious, ie walking around a ton, until I played it through the second time.

The first 2 levels are very boring the 2nd time, but the first while I was still getting a feel for the game, I didn't even notice.

Doom3_
09-27-2003, 08:22 PM
KOTOR is by far the best RPG ever!!! But then again I liked Morrowind :(