PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone pre-ordered Rainbow 6 III today?

iliveonafarm
09-15-2003, 03:33 PM
Hey I'm wondering if anyone has gotten the companion disk with the new GR:IT and splinter cell missions on it yet, I'll go out and order rainbow 6 if the demo disk is in stores

l Maximus l
09-15-2003, 03:36 PM
I haven't yet... I've been so damn busy with so many things...but, when does the game officially come out?

iliveonafarm
09-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Ubi.com says november and I think gamespot says like nov. 19th

Brevity
09-15-2003, 06:42 PM
Rainbow 6 (Xbox) Pre-Order Goodies
Aramo | 13:30 | Console

Ubisoft is rewarding those who pre-order the upcoming Xbox version of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 with an disc that contains exclusive missions for Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon: Island Thunder.

The disc will include three missions - Kola Cell, Vselka, Vselka Infiltration -- for Splinter Cell. The latter two are exclusive to the disc. Kola Cell is downloadable via Xbox Live.

The four exclusive Ghost Recond: Island Thunder missions are Aurora, Riverbed, Roadbloack and Tank.

Dyslexic Chaos
09-15-2003, 07:05 PM
OK, but does this Disc include the R6 demo, or do you have to buy the 10$ one for that?!?!?!

dances with broom sticks
09-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Well, looks like ill be pre-ordering that tommorrow

:cheers:

I am still undecided about ESPN hockey... Ill have to wait and rent that in a while

Variation-XBA
09-15-2003, 09:00 PM
Mine's been pre-ordered for like a month :)

iliveonafarm
09-15-2003, 11:07 PM
i went to gamecrazy and gamestop and they both said they weren't doing this deal. the guy at gamestop said the disk is only available from EB and you hafta buy it

JJaX
09-16-2003, 06:54 PM
Ebgames was suppost to be doing this deal since monday 09/15/03.

But they still havent gotten the disc yes. Its starting to **** me off.

Duke
09-16-2003, 07:40 PM
I went to gamestop and game crazy today. Both said they'd heard of the disc, but that they hadn't been released yet. Also said that this has been pushed back before.

On a side note: I was checking the websites when I got home, and only one (I think it was EB) mentioned the deal. Basically listed it as a $10 rebate when you purchase both.

Went back to check out shipping and all that, and no mention of the deal. Re-checked all the sites I'd been to in case I was wrong about it being EB and no dice.

Anwyay, ship dates listed for the disc are anywhere between today to the 22nd depending on where you look.

l Maximus l
09-17-2003, 12:05 AM
When that disc comes out, I'll look forward to downloading the 4 new maps for GR: IT. Hopefully most of us will get the disc and play the new maps on XBL. One would think that all who want to play the levels on Live will have to download them...right?

Rainbow Six: 3 has me pumped up. This game and Links 2004 are the two must buys coming up.

shawns20
09-17-2003, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by iliveonafarm
i went to gamecrazy and gamestop and they both said they weren't doing this deal. the guy at gamestop said the disk is only available from EB and you hafta buy it

GameStop is getting the Clancy demo disc later this month. My friend is the manager at the local store and they preordered it for me yesterday. It's also on there website, although the release date keeps changing, sounds cool though.

l Maximus l
09-17-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by shawns20

GameStop is getting the Clancy demo disc later this month. My friend is the manager at the local store and they preordered it for me yesterday. It's also on there website, although the release date keeps changing, sounds cool though.

Good info, man. I'll have to check it out in a couple weeks or so. Also, welcome to XBoxaddict! Also known as XBA :)

Chaotic
09-17-2003, 07:54 AM
I went to pre order this and find out what the deal was with the demo disc and the GR IT maps and SC missions. The guy told me the disc will be availble 2 weeks before release of RS3. So i will pre order it then and get the disk.

Duke
09-17-2003, 10:24 AM
EB has amended their ship date to tomorrow, the 18th. Probably wait till this hits the stores to pre-order though.

Don't feel like paying shipping on a $10 disc.

Anyway, we all know how reliave eb can be, so don't take my word for it.

Shadow20002
09-17-2003, 11:13 AM
I reserve my cash for something really do my time...PGR2 !! :P

SkoalMint
09-18-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
Anyway, we all know how reliave eb can be, so don't take my word for it.

No doubt, and the stores are even worse. The guy at my local EB hadn't even heard of it and couldn't find anything about it on their computer. Stupid kid probably thought I was making it up. :cuss:

xjedix
09-18-2003, 03:13 PM
Are the GRIT maps going to be playable on LIVE? The maps are exclusive to the disk right, so how do you play these maps with someone online that didnt buy the disk? Will you only be able to play with people who have it, or will it just kick them out of the game when it launches?

JJaX
09-18-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by xjedix
Are the GRIT maps going to be playable on LIVE? The maps are exclusive to the disk right, so how do you play these maps with someone online that didnt buy the disk? Will you only be able to play with people who have it, or will it just kick them out of the game when it launches?

Thats what im concerned about as well.

Maybe its just for single player :huh:

Variation-XBA
09-19-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
No doubt, and the stores are even worse. The guy at my local EB hadn't even heard of it and couldn't find anything about it on their computer. Stupid kid probably thought I was making it up. :cuss:

I work at EB =/
We arn't getting it for awhile though (so the computer says)

l Maximus l
09-19-2003, 02:14 AM
Yeah, I'm curious to know if these new maps can be played on XBL. The answer to that would be a make or break deal to me.

Duke
09-19-2003, 10:05 AM
I'll get it either way. Especially considering that I was gonna pre-order Rainbow Six anyway.

I read an article somewhere that these maps were going to be released as dlc. But then to boost the R6 pre-orders, they went w/ the disc. Well, since the last DLC map could be played online, I'm guessing these will be too. Of course I haven't read that they will be anywhere, just a guess.

mattgame
09-19-2003, 11:38 AM
I am on the phone with EB and they nothing about it. Can someone find out the exact info on this one? :mad:

War Lord
09-22-2003, 10:24 PM
Supposedly the disk will be finally arriving tomorrow. You pay 10 dollars for the disk, and 5 dollars to reserve the game. When the game comes out, it puts the money you paid for the companion disk towards the game's purchase as well. Basically it's like paying 15 dollars to reserve it and getting a companion disk for free.

Liquid Gears
09-23-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Brevity
The four exclusive Ghost Recond: Island Thunder missions are Aurora, Riverbed, Roadbloack and Tank.

Are these maps playable on XBox Live? And do the stores you pay for the pre-order at give you the disc right after you pay for it or are you supposed to get it in the mail?

War Lord
09-23-2003, 01:07 AM
You get it right when you pay.

mattgame
09-23-2003, 09:39 AM
What store has it?

JJaX
09-23-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by t_howell
What store has it?

READ THE THREAD.........

http://www.fearandterror.com/Phhear/baboo.gif

mattgame
09-23-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

READ THE THREAD.........

http://www.fearandterror.com/Phhear/baboo.gif

I tried both spots already. As I previously posted EB in my area doesn't seem to know squat.I tried Gamestop and they said we don't when we'll get it. It sounds like someone on this thread will have by tomorrow. I want to be down with them.

JJaX
09-23-2003, 03:34 PM

I tried both spots already. As I previously posted EB in my area doesn't seem to know squat.I tried Gamestop and they said we don't when we'll get it. It sounds like someone on this thread will have by tomorrow. I want to be down with them.

That appears to be the situation for everyone. Most game store employees have no clue about this disc. I guess we have to sit and wait unit theres a thread called "OMG OMG!11!!!!11! I got the ubi disc"

RudedogX
09-23-2003, 03:38 PM

That appears to be the situation for everyone. Most game store employees have no clue about this disc. I guess we have to sit and wait unit theres a thread called "OMG OMG!11!!!!11! I got the ubi disc"
The sad thing is...that would probably be the title of the thread!:rolf:

War Lord
09-23-2003, 03:39 PM
Checked my local EB today, and they now say they should have it by Friday.

mattgame
09-23-2003, 03:44 PM
I just contacted another EB and they said they will have in store tomorrow. Doesn't this sound to good to be true or is it just me?

dances with broom sticks
09-23-2003, 05:05 PM
I love how every store in my area has people who have never heard of this, and then even though we both know they have no idea about it, they will continue to make something up, pretending they know what they are talking about.

Is there something wrong with saying "actually, im not to sure on that, sorry" as opposed to "ummmm...welll.... due to the fact that UBI is an american company, and rainbow six was already out for the pc, chances are we might not get it, and if we do, it wont be for a while, unless we get it in one of our next shipments."

Chad1BP
09-23-2003, 09:19 PM
When does rainbow six come out??:watchout:

mattgame
09-24-2003, 03:12 PM
EB has it folks!!! And I'm out!:D

Apocalypso
09-24-2003, 09:50 PM
i have the demo of rainbow 6 and it is great, it is the alcatraz level YAAAHHHHH

mattgame
09-25-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Apocalypso
i have the demo of rainbow 6 and it is great, it is the alcatraz level YAAAHHHHH

I can't believe it. The demo disk could be sold for 39.99 easy. It's deeper than we first thought. RS has Splinter Cell graphics but if you can believe maybe a little better. I played the demo all night. The gunfire, the effects, the lighting, and the different visions made this game look amazing. I can't wait until it comes out. I need some money. :D

Duke
09-25-2003, 10:07 AM

I can't believe it. The demo disk could be sold for 39.99 easy. It's deeper than we first thought. RS has Splinter Cell graphics but if you can believe maybe a little better. I played the demo all night. The gunfire, the effects, the lighting, and the different visions made this game look amazing. I can't wait until it comes out. I need some money. :D

Thanks for the impressions. Went in to pre-order yesterday, cause gamestop thought it would be in the shipment, sucks I'll have to drive all the way across town again today, but small price to pay.

RudedogX
09-25-2003, 10:21 AM
Guess I'll be getting it today. Just verified that EBGames 5 miles from me has it in stock.:cheers:

mattgame
09-25-2003, 10:39 AM
Good luck guys. I'm telling you it's a wrap when this comes out.

RudedogX
09-25-2003, 10:47 AM
Well, I played the Rainbow six demo at E3, so I pretty much know what to expect, but yeah, when this game comes out, it'll add a whole nother level to XBox Live.

Chaotic
09-25-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Well, I played the Rainbow six demo at E3, so I pretty much know what to expect, but yeah, when this game comes out, it'll add a whole nother level to XBox Live.

I agree, this game at E3 was amazing for what was complete. The graphics were awesome, the controls were fluid, the sound was great and gameplay will be some of the best around for FPS games.

I can't wait for this game to hit the market :D

dances with broom sticks
09-25-2003, 01:17 PM
Anyone in canada get one yet?

DZNUTZ
09-25-2003, 01:39 PM
OH MAN!!!

i played it only for like 5 mins...but :yikes: , so F'n fantatic (i'm speaking of the r6 demo). I also got to play it at e3...but omfg...dis game is crazy! as soon as i made it thru the sewers...and entered alcatraz..i was like....SPOILER (very slight)

hmmm..this looks like that scen from the moving rock (which i think is a F'n fantastic scene)..and sho enufff....BOOOM....i'm pinned down from gunfire above.
i don't know..all i got to say is go get this NOW.

and more so now then eva...BEWARE of da DDC!!!

War Lord
09-25-2003, 04:46 PM
Just got it. The deal is you put $10 down on Raven Sheild, and you get the disk for free.

I just put $20 down.
*shrugs*

Shadow20002
09-25-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by dances with broom sticks
Anyone in canada get one yet?

Here..but not yet !! More likely just for the Splinter Cell new missions !!

mattgame
09-26-2003, 08:34 AM
Oh man I knew this scene was from a movie. Thanks DZ. By the way, did anyone finish? I have gotten to the part where I enter another part of the jail and I get smoked immediately.

dances with broom sticks
09-26-2003, 02:33 PM
OH MY GOD!!! IM SO UNBELIEVABLY ****ED!!!

I just fully paid for rainbow six, the guy says "we have a specail treat for pre orders, its a disc blah blah blah, so i ask when they got it, he says today, but he isnt allowed to give it to me till i pick up the game! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY CITY!?:cuss:

Chaotic
09-26-2003, 02:45 PM

I just fully paid for rainbow six, the guy says "we have a specail treat for pre orders, its a disc blah blah blah, so i ask when they got it, he says today, but he isnt allowed to give it to me till i pick up the game! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH MY CITY!?:cuss:

That makes no sense :huh: The whole point of the demo disc is to "demo" RS3 before it's released and get the splintercell missions and GR:IT maps.

dances with broom sticks
09-26-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by ChaoticMage

That makes no sense :huh: The whole point of the demo disc is to "demo" RS3 before it's released and get the splintercell missions and GR:IT maps.

He said "rules are rules" when i brought up that point... I just made some calls, and now I can drive for 2 hours to the only other one that has it, so i can get the disc, or just suffer

jelgiad
09-26-2003, 03:08 PM

He said "rules are rules" when i brought up that point... I just made some calls, and now I can drive for 2 hours to the only other one that has it, so i can get the disc, or just suffer

i'd go and get my money back and then order it online

JJaX
09-26-2003, 07:21 PM

Get a refund

Give him the finger.

Put 5 bucks down on your pre-order and get your free disc.

Give finger again....

On a sidenote, R63 is so F'n awesome.

l Maximus l
09-27-2003, 03:51 AM
It looks like I'll be picking this bad boy up this weekend. The rave around Seattle is that Rainbow Six: 3 rocks and is going to be the biggest sleeper hit this year :D

borka105
09-27-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
It looks like I'll be picking this bad boy up this weekend. The rave around Seattle is that Rainbow Six: 3 rocks and is going to be the biggest sleeper hit this year :D

it does rock, but there is no way that it's a SLEEPER!

this demo for one thing shows just how much UBI wants to hype the game.........

sleeper hits are unexpected games that come out of nowhere to be incredible....

This game has already been on the pc for months and months and everyone already knows how good it's going to be....... So it's anything but a sleeper hit.

-borka105

Duke
09-27-2003, 09:52 AM
Stupid Gamestop still doesn't have the discs. Said no one does :cuss:

dances with broom sticks
09-27-2003, 11:21 AM

HAHAHHA if i didnt know better I would assume you lived up here in my crap city...

Except my city at least has the disc, just wont give it to me

JJaX
09-27-2003, 04:55 PM

I think its a EB games thing....

The only store that had a clue what i was talking about, was 2 of the 3 EB games by me.

All i had to do was put 5 down on a pre-order and they gave me the disc for free. ANd it is awesome!

Liquid Gears
09-27-2003, 04:57 PM
Can anyone find any pictures of what the new maps for GR: IT look like? I want to see if it's worth the deal.

JJaX
09-27-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Can anyone find any pictures of what the new maps for GR: IT look like? I want to see if it's worth the deal.

If its worth the deal? :huh:

Liquid Gears
09-27-2003, 05:54 PM

If its worth the deal? :huh:

I just wanted to know if they're maps from the first Ghost Recon (which ones they are & if they're good ones) or they they are brand new designed levels.

JJaX
09-27-2003, 06:09 PM

I just wanted to know if they're maps from the first Ghost Recon (which ones they are & if they're good ones) or they they are brand new designed levels.

They are 4 new maps for GR:IT. I believe they from the 'desert siege' expansion pack on the PC.

Liquid Gears
09-27-2003, 06:31 PM

They are 4 new maps for GR:IT. I believe they from the 'desert siege' expansion pack on the PC.

I was just curious to what the maps look like. Out of all these pics for the Desert Seige PC game, which are some pics of the 4 maps ?

Desert Seige Pics (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tomclancysghostreconds/screenindex.html?page=1)

JJaX
09-27-2003, 06:49 PM

I was just curious to what the maps look like. Out of all these pics for the Desert Seige PC game, which are some pics of the 4 maps ?

Desert Seige Pics (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tomclancysghostreconds/screenindex.html?page=1)

Im not really sure if these maps were actually in the 'desert siege' expansion. But i was assuming it, because on the back of GR:IT it says "plus 5 desert missions, downloadable* via Xbox live"

Im assuming those 5 are the one we got XBL and the 4 from the disc. But as rudedog mention earlier, the missions are numbered and theres quite a few spaces. And these new maps are "exclusive", which to me is BS, because Kola cell has been out for quite some time.

So instead of me rambling about this, just do yourself a favor and get the disc. THe maps are huge and they look nice.

l Maximus l
09-28-2003, 08:08 PM
I got the disc...Rainbow Six 3 is bad ass...the demo, anyway. I'm also looking forward to checking out the new maps for GR: IT now that they are on my hard-drive

l Maximus l
09-28-2003, 08:08 PM
I got the disc...Rainbow Six 3 is bad ass...the demo, anyway. I'm also looking forward to checking out the new maps for GR: IT now that they are on my hard-drive