PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Wish List(everyone) and Azurik...

bbchs_trash
12-20-2001, 10:14 AM
If you could open up a box this Christmas and find 4 games in there for your X-box, what would they be? Just reply, I'm trying to find what everyone else wants so I might go and pick them up on the 26th for myself. Also is Azurik worth a purchase, or is it just, not worth it, from what I've heard it's a good game, but I haven't heard exactly what the game is like, and mostly the the reviews have been bad.

Integra Man
12-20-2001, 11:09 AM
im guessing if ur family has taste u will have

halo (madden or fever) dead or alive 3 and project gotham racing

well thats my opionion those are the hottest games out now

Hugh_Jass
12-20-2001, 12:11 PM
I haven't played SH2 yet but it's supposed to be out today. That would be on my list.

Also...

Azurik
Oddworld
DOA3

There are too many games that I haven't tried yet!

l Maximus l
12-20-2001, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by bbchs_trash
If you could open up a box this Christmas and find 4 games in there for your X-box, what would they be? Just reply, I'm trying to find what everyone else wants so I might go and pick them up on the 26th for myself. Also is Azurik worth a purchase, or is it just, not worth it, from what I've heard it's a good game, but I haven't heard exactly what the game is like, and mostly the the reviews have been bad.

Personally, I think Azurik is a very addicting game! It's one of those games, however, that you want to play by yourself, in my opinion. It's not an RPG...but rather, it is an Action/Adventure but does have some RPG elements to it. I understand that it has about 80 hours of game time on it...and that's probably if you knew where you were going! I absolutely love this game...especially if I am playing solo :)

If you think about it, 80 hours is more than the average RPG which is about 50 hours. I find Azurik to have beautiful graphics...great game play (eventhough the camera takes a little time getting used to at first...but, it's great once you get used to it). If you already are expecting Azurik and you like Action/Adventure games, it's a definate must buy or "must open" potentially in your case :D

Hugh_Jass, Taz, Ethan, and myself all have this game (that I am aware of)...and we all have mutual feelings towards the game :D

I think of Azurik as Zelda on steroids! But, there is a hell of a lot more fighting in it compared to the Zelda series. Great graphics, huge levels, lots of playing time, intelligent game, and frusteratingly fun, Azurik is a solid title :) I hope that helps!

Also, if you were going to have four games chillin' under your tree and if they are your first titles, I would go for:

Halo
Project Gotham Racing
Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
NFL Fever

(And Azurik, if I had a fifth option!!)

EthanQT
12-20-2001, 01:36 PM
I agree with Maximus. Azurik is a very addictive game! I think I grew more brain cells intellectually ;)

Topconsole
12-20-2001, 06:48 PM
1.HALO
2.Dave Mirra 2
3.NFL Fever
4.Azurik

bbchs_trash
12-20-2001, 09:42 PM
I know that I have a couple games coming that I already have(Madden and Nascar Thunder) so I am planning on getting two or three more games(with the money I get) and I already own Halo Fever, and Tony Hawk 2x plus the other two I mentioned. So the real reason for asking is to find out if Azurik is worth the purchase. Any word of Oddworld being worth a purchase? I might pick up another game while I'm at the store, just never know, $200 dollars blown on games(well blown, not in the fashion of my elders sayings) in one day. That's a lot of money I could be saving for a car, but what they hey, my grandparents are giving me their old '87 LeBaron that sits in the garage... thanks for the help, especially my favorite poster, Maximus...

terrapin
12-20-2001, 10:03 PM
Some people love Oddworld and claim that it is worth the purchase but I would pass on this title. I can only speak for myself but I have played that game the least out of my collection of Halo, NFL Fever and Tony Hawk 2x. If you enjoy the Oddworld series then I say it's definitely worth it but if you have no experience with the series I would suggest renting before buying.

JacobTX4
12-20-2001, 10:13 PM
My 4 games would have to be

1.NFL Fever 2002
2.NBA Live 2002 (I don t know about you guys,but I liked this game)
3.Oddworld :Munch's Odyssee(Or however you spell it)
4.Max Payne (I am not even getting this game,but I want it really bad)

JacobTX4
12-20-2001, 10:14 PM
and Project Gotham Racing...:D So many top notch games, so little money :(

JeremyX
12-20-2001, 10:27 PM
Raw is War on Christmas Day!!!!!

Why........oh Why!?