PDA

View Full Version : Fable delayed til' 2005?

Xbox Owner
09-15-2003, 09:52 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/polygon/20030915.htm

Fable is being developed by Lionhead satellite studio Big Blue Box. It is due for release sometime in 2005.

DocHoliday78
09-15-2003, 09:55 PM
wow that sucks really bad. I hope that is incorrect. Please be incorrect....

thrAsher
09-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Fable will be out when it's out. That's always been the case on Lionhead's end, I do believe. 2005 sounds like an extra conservative number that Microsoft has employed to stifle pesky release date e-mails and such.

I say let them take their time. 5 years is a long while, but it could just turn out to be that much more stellar in 2005. Either way, Big Blue Box has my $50 when it does finally drop Fable into our drool-sodden laps.

Variation-XBA
09-15-2003, 10:52 PM
Aye... let it come when it's done. Can only get better in time:)

prakeem
09-15-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Variation
Aye... let it come when it's done. Can only get better in time:)
I concur, however, a 2005 release is in a sense unreasonable for a game that has been in development for years and was previously projected to be released in early 2004. The longer wait will undoubtedly produce a gem, but 2005, sheeesh.

Ugunnalose
09-15-2003, 11:11 PM
damn man 05 that suks

OC Noob
09-15-2003, 11:24 PM
Why not put it off till 2010 then it will be the best game ever.

XBox needs great RPGs...LAST YEAR!

It better not be put off till 2k5. I refuse to wait till XBox 2 to get a decent Fantasy RPG.

l Maximus l
09-16-2003, 01:29 AM
2005? I actually can believe it. I heard that some of the recent versions were a little shaky and not close to living up to the hype. But, then again, I'm not an RPG fan at all. I'm just relaying some words I heard from some dudes I know from Digipen in Redmond, WA.

DIGITAL
09-16-2003, 01:57 AM
2005 seems a little to long of a delay ,i hope its a misprint:huh:

Dre
09-16-2003, 03:02 AM
No no, it hasn't been delayed to 2005.

http://boards.bigbluebox.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6801

The post from Gradius is what proves it.

Voodoo_Vince
09-16-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Dre

http://boards.bigbluebox.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6801

The post from Gradius is what proves it.

If gradius is just a Mod How would he know, is he something more than a Mod and all his post say's is "Absulute Rubbish" unless he's working on the game how does he know? Mods are usually 16 year old kids with no lives but there Precious "board" , but I could be wrong since I don't know the relationship between Gradius and BBB

RudedogX
09-16-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Voodoo_Vince

If gradius is just a Mod How would he know, is he something more than a Mod and all his post say's is "Absulute Rubbish" unless he's working on the game how does he know? Mods are usually 16 year old kids with no lives but there Precious "board" , but I could be wrong since I don't know the relationship between Gradius and BBB
When you are a mod on a board, you do get to see more about things that the regular members do not get to see, and usually the mods on corporation boards tend to have some form of relationship with the corporation in addition to his participation on the boards. I agree that he may be 16 years old, and he probably only knows what he is told, but still, he is also probably getting most of his information from a source much closer linked to the development team than many others.

As for if this game comes out in 2k4 or 2k5, so be it, the new XBox won't be out till late 2k5 or 2k6 anyway. We'll still need a good game to tide us over till that bad boy comes out way!:cheers:

Shadow20002
09-16-2003, 09:13 AM
ahh.. i think i will forget it after all. :(

thrAsher
09-16-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Dre

http://boards.bigbluebox.com/showth...p;threadid=6801

The post from Gradius is what proves it. That Gradius.... I do not envy his job (outside of his insider info and the fact he's had his grubby hands on Fable already). Those boards at the BBB are awful. I've never seen so much speculation and absolute frenzy over a game. I posted there once on a "Ask Gradius" thread, and my question for him was "Will the incessant questioning ever stop?"

His answer? "Hopefully."

He's a dreamer! :rofl: :rolleyes:

DocHoliday78
09-16-2003, 04:11 PM
Well i am just gonna forget about Fable so when it comes out i am suprised. Back to BC Fantasys....

ShannonX
09-16-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Voodoo_Vince

Actually, the average age of the mods here is around 23 - 28. =)

# 1 Stunner
09-16-2003, 06:01 PM
i hope not, i need a rpg badly...

kenji
09-16-2003, 08:36 PM
Jeez. I just saw the preview on the OXM disk and I was drooling for it to come next year, but now I have to wait twice as long. THAT SUCKS. If there is a good RPG coming for Xbox 2 that is better than Fable, there is no way that Fable will sell if they put it in stores that late. It looked done from the preview, but apparently they need more time. *SIGH*

Shadow20002
09-16-2003, 08:39 PM
Ok... totally out of my mind now if they gonna delay to 2005. In the time iwill enjoy Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, Project Gotham Racing 2, Dead or Alive Online, etc. :watchout:

Kortiz
09-16-2003, 08:44 PM
WHY!?!?!?!?

MEC! YOU LIED, YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE CORRECT! AND I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET THE GAME IN DECEMBER BUT NOOOOOOO

damn.......this seriously sucks so bad. so so so so so bad. i dont give a damn if it is the best game or not.......i could cope with less than perfect.

Kortiz
09-16-2003, 08:49 PM
"Fable is being developed by Lionhead satellite studio Big Blue Box. It is due for release sometime in 2004."

WHEEEEEEW YOU READ WRONG!!!

kenji
09-16-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Fosho
"Fable is being developed by Lionhead satellite studio Big Blue Box. It is due for release sometime in 2004."
WHEEEEEEW YOU READ WRONG!!!
Aww, you beat me to it. They must have changed it because everyone was *****in' about it. I take back what I said. And now I say:

THANK GOD!!!!!!!

MerimacHamwich
09-16-2003, 09:42 PM
Or maybe it was a typo.

SkoalMint
09-17-2003, 03:42 AM
Bah. 2004 or 2005, this is still getting ridiculous for a game we were expecting in 2002. Personally, I've lost almost all interest in following this game. Someone let me know when it is in stores. :D

dances with broom sticks
09-17-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
Bah. 2004 or 2005, this is still getting ridiculous for a game we were expecting in 2002. Personally, I've lost almost all interest in following this game. Someone let me know when it is in stores. :D

I hear that one... I remember being hyped over Halo and Project Ego, months and months before the xbox even came out... Now here it is about to hit 2 years, and still no fable...

My Interest cant be held for that long, Ill be happy once it hits stores, till then, Ill focus on games that are actually being released.

SPARTAN VI
09-18-2003, 12:00 AM
Eh, someone wake me up when all the Xbox games are released... less wait that way. :rolleyes:

bretman1234
09-18-2003, 01:35 PM
well by 2005 hopefully we will have plenty of other great games to quench our gaming thirsts. ahem* halo 2, doom 3, amped 2, Rainbow Six 3, Deus Ex, and everything else thats incredible thats comin out ahem*

mattgame
09-19-2003, 11:44 AM
My question is simple, where did the quote come from? Everything that I read says 2004.

KboT
09-23-2003, 07:56 AM
Oh well, Halo then, KOTOR now, Halo 2 later, then Fable.
No biggie', I'm set.

TuffEagle88
09-23-2003, 09:28 PM
There is no way it will be until 2005 when it gets out. They have been working on it too long and he said in the interview that the fighting system was done and that he was proud of the morphin system- which means its almost done if not completely. They have already had the release dates as March of 2002, Feb. of 2003, Winter of 2003, and now sometime in 2004. I swear that if they push it back one more day I'm going to be knocking down Lionhead Studio's doors. It doesn't mean that it will keep getting better the longer the wait, you can only put so much on a dvd. I feel that I've waited long enough for this game and I think that if they want to get people to buy it they better stop dangling the carrot in front of our noses and just give the damn thing to us. It looks like its gonna be great, but if they keep pushing it way back, before you know it you are going to have xbox2 and ps3 breathing down its neck and then no one is gonna care about it.

Shadow20002
09-24-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by TuffEagle88
There is no way it will be until 2005 when it gets out. They have been working on it too long and he said in the interview that the fighting system was done and that he was proud of the morphin system- which means its almost done if not completely. They have already had the release dates as March of 2002, Feb. of 2003, Winter of 2003, and now sometime in 2004. I swear that if they push it back one more day I'm going to be knocking down Lionhead Studio's doors. It doesn't mean that it will keep getting better the longer the wait, you can only put so much on a dvd. I feel that I've waited long enough for this game and I think that if they want to get people to buy it they better stop dangling the carrot in front of our noses and just give the damn thing to us. It looks like its gonna be great, but if they keep pushing it way back, before you know it you are going to have xbox2 and ps3 breathing down its neck and then no one is gonna care about it.

Okies...calm down..here your carrot !!! :D

Just wait until winter of 2003, if it won't show up then more likely for early of 2004. Simple as that.