PDA

View Full Version : how bout raw 2?

X-Fan
09-15-2003, 11:34 PM
anyone got it yet?how is it??please post ur reviews.if its good i wanna go buy this game right now.
p.s mods i am not sure if this the right forum if its not please move it to the appropriate one.thnx.

DocHoliday78
09-16-2003, 12:25 AM
I am with you on this one man. I want this game bad, but i still have flashbacks of last years raw. I was heavily let down and i am not gonna relive the same thing.

DIGITAL
09-16-2003, 12:33 AM
im dying to know how this game is

X-Fan
09-16-2003, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by DocHoliday78
I am with you on this one man. I want this game bad, but i still have flashbacks of last years raw. I was heavily let down and i am not gonna relive the same thing.
you nailed it man.u know i went to buy a ps2 since the weird black box by the evil microsoft did'nt have wrestling games but the gamestop guy and my bro convinced me that raw was gonna kick some butt.halo made the xbox worth the purchase but still i went ahead first day and bought raw and was really disappointed.i did the same with all star baseball 2003 and nba id 2002.i like id 2002 though so now i get some real user reviews before i go ahead and buy it.

l Maximus l
09-16-2003, 01:42 AM
I have a feeling that they learned the shortfalls from Raw 1 and are going to fix them all in this anticipated sequel.

I have yet to purchase a wrestling game...hopefully this one will break the mold.

Reclaimer
09-16-2003, 04:49 AM
I'm fairly excited about this game. I was looking forward to it. I remember how bad the first game stunk, and I heard that this new one was to make up for it. So, I'm anxious to see how it's going to be. I love wrestling games. It's great when you have a bunch of smack talking friends. We'll see what happens.

Dark Enemy
09-16-2003, 09:47 AM
I was reading some peoples opinions on the game at other forums and this is what i gathered up. Theres over 60 wrestlers. You can edit and customise or clone wrestlers. Some people say u can fight on the ramp, others say you cant. Some say you cant fight in the back only in season. And the create a player mode is as deep as it can get. You can put your own music, do something with the titron, plus they got some shirts of old wrestlers and looks like stings mask or the nwo shirt. You can also make stables. I also in season mode they dont talk or not even put words so it would be nice to make your own story mode by thinking or talking it out.

The bad things i heard about it is its really slow, The ai is dumb.

Im just waiting for some reviews or other opinions to get this game.

ChiZel_MunKee
09-16-2003, 09:55 AM
Here's a quick review. Sounds like a pretty sweet game. LINK (http://www.gametalk.com/talk/xbox/wwe_raw_2/62317347.htm)

Ive had raw 2 now since last night, n have played about 1 yr n a half in the season mode. I believe the game is good if u like no mercy type wrestling games, Im more the smackdown type so this one is kinda slow to me, all though it is better then the first raw. The graphics are amazing! the sound, im bummed theres no blood or commentary.. that is mostly what the game is missing. It has a REAL tv feel to it, one other thing i thought was cool at first is that when u start season n go through the shows, theres usually 8 matches, n THERES 1 cut scene every show of the champ gettin out of the limo with the belt, it gets old real QUICK. Then theres no CUTSCENES! by them selves, u have an option at each match how u want the show to go. LIke after the first match u might want to call someone out, u select that option n then it lets u select any wrestler u want. U should pick ones u have rivals with if not someone else will come out in place of them, and have problem with u then u fight. The other options are surprise attack, interfere, rest, encourage, steal, manipulate, break up, n set trap. These were cool to me at first but i just grew old of the same scenario's over n over. Another thing is ur populairity meter it goes up n down with the decisions u make n what wrestler u associate ur self with. Another cool feature is to be able to choose what ref u want from hebner, chiota, n some others to guest refs. The crowd in the 3 first rows are fully real looking moving n cheering. N the button configuration is mostly the SAME as raw 1. But faster speed n more enjoyable, but theres still that back n forth momentum, The ppv's are very realistic looking and the matches all make SENCE, there not like stone cold VS edge in a hell in a cell or something, TO answer the rumor once N for all i have been through yr n a half of season n i have yet to have ELIMINATION CHAMBER, im sorry for all u who wanted that! CAW is awsome u can make a FULL entrance, n the profiles more in depth, STONE COLD IS IN THE GAME !! along with REY, ROCK, Kane HAS a MASK!, NIDIA, VICTORIA, GOLDBERGH, STEINER, there is 32 unlockable spaces for characters but i have only unlocked 10! im not going to tell u those cause i dont want to ruin the game for people, there are some GREAT surprises in the game as well in SEASON mode. Another cool thing is they have a theatre, n a hall of fame feature, which keeps track of ur matches n wins loss, belts, EDIT wrestlers is in the GAME, BUT u its not called that u have to go to create n then pick the wrestler n it lets u in to its apperence, profile, n moves, SO thats pretty cool. I have NOT tried the 4 player story mode, but im sure its really cool its about time they made a game where ur friends dont have to sit n watch u play season or take turns! I have lots more n will answer questions in the morning so leave them on here! My opinion of this game having it longer then anybody of this BOARD cause i work at a GAMESTOP- is its a "good" game they could have made it better! Its not the ultimate YET- its a fun game to play for like a day or two n then it gets repetitive, u notice the glitches, / Another thing is theres NO TEXT/ or voiceovers, for the CUTSCENES, the guys move there lips NOT very realistic this was one of my flaws with the game! To me SD5 will be better then RAW because its the 5th series N there givin u EVERYTHING, that they couldnt before! N im the big fan of the BLOOD N ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH with VOICES IN THE STORY MODE! N if u love raw UR GONNA REALLY LOVE SD5!

DIGITAL
09-16-2003, 02:46 PM
thanks for the info,but it sounds like it was written by a ps2 fan:huh:

SnoochyBoochy
09-16-2003, 07:18 PM
i am considering buying this game but i dont want it to be a waste of money.. fortunately i work at a movie store and will be able to play it probably this weekend at no cost, so i'll get a nice sample to help me make my decision.

Variation-XBA
09-17-2003, 12:11 AM
Im going to try it at work tomorrow :)

IGN review was kinda helpfull

thread (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41544)

EHWfedPres
09-17-2003, 02:02 AM
I got it today and here's what I picked up from playing it a little (my game/xbox is messed up and it freezes after every match)

1 - Attitude meter or whatever that health bar is called does not swing back and fourth nearly as much. its pretty steady from what I saw. I only noticed my bar going down after I did the same move 3 or so times in a row.

2 - the reversal system has been completely changed and thank god! No more reversing moves by chance.

3 - Weapons are actually weapons and not just a big joke. If you put a table in the ring and walk past it, it dosent bounce around like it was on a trampoline, so thats good. You can climb onto the tables also.

4 - create a wrestler is actually useful this time around. Didnt see any robot parts, so thats a major plus. Lots of actual wrestling attire to pick from, you can changes colors, highlights, shadows, etc. I didnt fool around with the entrance editor thing because the song I chose for entrance music fir perfectly with the default setup. The default setting for the titantron and crap is the rock, so I just added the classic Slayer song Raining Blood and it just so happenes that it fits perfectly. I suggest anyone who has that on a cd, check it out.

One bad thing is that you can still beat up your partner, and you can get punched out of a move and stuff like that, but it hardly happens anyway, only if every character is stuck together in the corner or whatever.

Otherwise, it looks like a great game, major improvements over the first one. Hopefully they'll fix some of the other stuff like getting punched out of a move for the next time around.

I didnt try Season mode yet cause I want to create a few more wrestlers first and see if I can add them into the season, but I need to fix my problem first, thats top priority.

limpy43
09-17-2003, 04:35 PM
nice reviews, it seems like a fairly decent game so i might try buying it this week if its there.

X-Fan
09-18-2003, 12:26 AM
ok i am buying this game tommorow.

BORNGD
09-18-2003, 01:20 PM
i want to hear more about season mode be4 i purchase this game...how long is a season??? etc?

EHWfedPres
09-18-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by BORNGD
i want to hear more about season mode be4 i purchase this game...how long is a season??? etc?

As long as you make it. There is no set completetion time for any video games. Take your time and enjoy it.

mattgame
09-18-2003, 01:39 PM
I have been playing for two days now. It is so much better and deeper than the last game it's incredible. Of course, it is not perfect. The AI is a tad dumb, the game is slow at times but it is fun. I really get the sense that I am directing a Smackdown, or Raw. It is full of options and very well done. It isn't perfect. I would rate it 9.0 out of 10. If you like wrestling get it.

Flood
09-19-2003, 04:24 AM
my complaints:
animation slow
hit detection off
sloppy controls at times

BUT...... CAW is AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! not to mention the very expansive entrance customization. unfortunately u need to unlock options in CAW....but once u do(i havent yet), it'll be limitless

OuFtb
09-19-2003, 09:44 AM
I picked it up yesterday and think its a great game alittle slow at times but still good, My one complait that I havn't seen from anyone else is the camera, I just wish you had different ones to chose from, cause I will be outside and a fan will hold a sign up and I can't see crap, inside the ring its fine a little close but once I get use to it, it won't be a problem, Overall the game is great and to me worth the money.

EHWfedPres
09-20-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Flood-XBA
my complaints:
animation slow
hit detection off
sloppy controls at times

BUT...... CAW is AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!! not to mention the very expansive entrance customization. unfortunately u need to unlock options in CAW....but once u do(i havent yet), it'll be limitless

Animatons arent slow, they are just a but choppy on some moves.

hit detectinon (collision detection you mean) is a little messed up, like how you can punch a dude out of mid move, but thats pretty cool also. You can slam people on other people, and i gave rvd a german suplex thru a table and into tajiri who was on the other side and got kicked in the head in the process. Plus you can dive outside the ring onto a bunch of people, so its not all bad.

the only bad part of the controls is the fact that you dont get focused on the guy who hit you last, but thats not too bad.

and caw mode is really cool. Not a very deep skills section (nothing compared to a fire pro game), but its still pretty cool. My only gripe about the caw mode is that you can only change the main color of the masks. I want a black mask with a red design on the front, but all the cool designs are either gold or white or something, so I just made a black and white mask with red highlights.

SlightlySycho
09-20-2003, 10:15 PM
Mostly . . . it's a big improvement over last year's game. But it's still no where near as good as AKI's N64 games.

My gripes:

CAW:
No Tattoos. Well you can choose a body texture that has tattoos, but it's really limited. There are like two.

Fundamentally, there is still ONLY ONE CAW MODEL! Two if you count the female model (and I don't). Would it have killed them to make one fat model and one skinny model to go along with them?!

Limited facial Textures: OK: you can have face paint OR facial hair . . . but not both.
That's just friggin' retarded.:cuss:

General Gameplay:
I don't like the fact that you schedule your actions before a show in season mode. I'd prefer to make my decisions as I go through the night.
On that note, you can't save in between matches in Season Mode. And my XBox likes to lock up ever so much.

When you pick your opponent up off the mat . . . they're still not groggy when they stand up. I wanted that fixed!:cuss:

You can't drag your opponent away from the ropes and then pin him. Once again . . . just plain retarded.

Occassional slowdown. Usually during the entrances, but occassionally during the matches.

And that's pretty much it. But like I said . . . the game has really improved since the first game. But it's still not a really good game.

EHWfedPres
09-20-2003, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
Mostly . . . it's a big improvement over last year's game. But it's still no where near as good as AKI's N64 games.

My gripes:

CAW:
No Tattoos. Well you can choose a body texture that has tattoos, but it's really limited. There are like two.

Fundamentally, there is still ONLY ONE CAW MODEL! Two if you count the female model (and I don't). Would it have killed them to make one fat model and one skinny model to go along with them?!

Limited facial Textures: OK: you can have face paint OR facial hair . . . but not both.
That's just friggin' retarded.:cuss:

General Gameplay:
I don't like the fact that you schedule your actions before a show in season mode. I'd prefer to make my decisions as I go through the night.
On that note, you can't save in between matches in Season Mode. And my XBox likes to lock up ever so much.

When you pick your opponent up off the mat . . . they're still not groggy when they stand up. I wanted that fixed!:cuss:

You can't drag your opponent away from the ropes and then pin him. Once again . . . just plain retarded.

Occassional slowdown. Usually during the entrances, but occassionally during the matches.

And that's pretty much it. But like I said . . . the game has really improved since the first game. But it's still not a really good game.

Lack of tattoos does suck, but oh well, i dont use them anway. I dont care about facial textures either since most of my caws wear masks.

My xbox freezes alot also when i play raw, so I took my copy back and got a preowned one and that works good. (at least i think its preowned, there was no plastic wrap and the seal was broken, but oh well)

The groggyness, or lack there of, does suck, but oh well. I usually beat the guys down until they get up anyway.

As for the rope break, you can drag them, but they will probably get up afterwards. But oh well, i always play hardcore matches, so that doesnt bother me.

Raw 2 us the best wrestling game on any next-gen console, hands down.

FB-Gollum
09-21-2003, 11:17 AM
Raw is a great game.

No Tattoos sucks, and they really need to learn the concept of "Primary/Secondary" Color. Really, it's not that complicated and it would allow people to really get their CAWS to a much more satisfactory result.

As for hit detection. I still see no problem with this. Being able to punch out of a move makes perfect sense to me. It was getting kncked out of a move by even making the grapple motion in the first one that was so incredibly ***. Two people would try to grab a guy; The first one grabs him, the second disrupts it, purely frustrating. Factually though, you mount a guy up or a suplex, and on the way up, I smack you a firm right hand across the jaw, I'll 5000$ you drop the guy.

The season mode seems redundant, but I don't care. Frankly, all these people need to do is make "No Mercy" 2. That's it. Take nothing away from it, add some moves and the entrance options from Raw 2, and you have a 10/10 classic.

I've never played Fire Pro Z btw, perhaps this jades me a bit.

samslophead
09-21-2003, 04:26 PM
I am only really interested in the fun-factor of this game. I think that "Wrestlemania 2000" and "No Mercy" for the N64 are two of the most enjoyable multiplayer games that I have ever played. I am interested in one thing for RAW 2...the multiplayer mode. The create-a-wrestler mode has to be pretty awesome, and I have heard that it's amazing. I could really care less which real wrestlers are in the game, because I really only use the create-a-wrestler mode with friends. With that said, is RAW 2 worth getting. I really didn't like the first one on the XBOX, because it felt sluggish and awkward.

** I loved "Wrestlemania 2000." "No Mercy" was really good, but it got slow when 4 players wrestled. Does RAW 2 suffer from this?

** I've heard there is no blood. Is that true?

** How are the knockouts in the game. "No Mercy" and "W-2000" had classic animations for the knockouts. It really looked like the player was getting knocked cold. How does "RAW 2" do with this?

mattgame
09-22-2003, 01:33 PM
I gotta tell you. I am on my third season with this game and I am feelin' it. I got two of my peoples on the sam season with me and we have found ourselves just sitting back watching the show at times. It is a great game.

samslophead
09-22-2003, 07:51 PM
I guess that I have a strange request for this game. I am NOT a fan of wrestling. I don't watch it anymore, but I am a fan of a good multiplayer party game. Is this game really fun for 4 players? I thought that the original RAW for the XBOX was boring; No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000 (better of the two) for the N64 were absolutely awesome. Which is RAW 2 more like?

samslophead
09-28-2003, 03:25 PM
I bought this game, and then quickly sold it back. It's very disappointing. The wrestlers are sluggish, there is no blood...it's crap.