PDA

View Full Version : American football games???



The Xbox Mafia
09-16-2003, 01:56 PM
Im (hopefully) gonna get Xbox live and Ive been really looking forward to playing an American football game online, until I realised that I dont know the rules that well. So Im looking for an American football game which is easy to get into and good for beginnners, any suggestions :huh:

CharlieHustle
09-16-2003, 08:10 PM
ESPN of course, if you have noticed all the threads, this is the game to get. Just read the threads.

unklefuka
09-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Don't have something nice or constructive to say, then don't say it all!

CrazyCougar
09-18-2003, 01:41 PM
You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Holt88
09-18-2003, 04:32 PM
If you don't care about Online play. Get Madden.

CharlieHustle
09-18-2003, 07:57 PM
Holt please, we all know that you are the PR rep. for EA GAMES. And we have seen all of your posts. Even offline, ESPN is better than madden. Have you even played the game? The season, franchise mode? Saw the NFL primetime show after the weeks games? Have you, played even one game through and then used your accomplishment to decorate your crib? Used your ripped music, to play in your jukebox in your crib? Did you even know that your ripped music can be played as the menu music? The emails? Weather report? Scouting reports? Power rankings? These are just extras, the gameplay is as smooth as silk, the animation is also. I like madden, no lie, i had it the last 2 years. This game is really a breath of fresh air, showing that you can make a game that was "supposedly" good better. Instead of rehashin it. "if you dont care about online play" WHATEVA, even if you dont have LIVE, still get this game. Most nights i debate whether to play online or continue my franchise mode. I havent even played KOTOR since i got this game. This game must be good.

Holt88
09-18-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by CharlieHustle
Holt please, we all know that you are the PR rep. for EA GAMES. And we have seen all of your posts. Even offline, ESPN is better than madden. Have you even played the game? The season, franchise mode? Saw the NFL primetime show after the weeks games? Have you, played even one game through and then used your accomplishment to decorate your crib? Used your ripped music, to play in your jukebox in your crib? Did you even know that your ripped music can be played as the menu music? The emails? Weather report? Scouting reports? Power rankings? These are just extras, the gameplay is as smooth as silk, the animation is also. I like madden, no lie, i had it the last 2 years. This game is really a breath of fresh air, showing that you can make a game that was "supposedly" good better. Instead of rehashin it.

Franchise mode can't touch owner mode. NFL Primetime it's nice, but in time, it get's boring. And the crib is the dumbest thing ever they could create. This isn't "The sims"..get real. I ripped my own NFL Films music for Madden.

CharlieHustle
09-19-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Holt88


Franchise mode can't touch owner mode. NFL Primetime it's nice, but in time, it get's boring. And the crib is the dumbest thing ever they could create. This isn't "The sims"..get real. I ripped my own NFL Films music for Madden.

Outside of ticket prices and concession whateva!! What else is so special about it. Hell we forgotten about we play this game on the field?? I really dont care about the ticket prices. Also i didnt say that the crib is innovative, but it is at least two steps above the madden cards. And also primetime is way more than nice, it reminds me of the very first madden when you see highlites of other games, im not here to be a fan boy, if madden was better, i would have to agree with you, but its not, so quit givin us these pitch phrases about the owner mode, madden cards, and that offline crap, cuz if you see these threads most people here love ESPN. Also, whats up with the importing college players?? HAHA Thats why my college football game is goin back!!

Holt88
09-20-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by CharlieHustle


Outside of ticket prices and concession whateva!! What else is so special about it. Hell we forgotten about we play this game on the field?? I really dont care about the ticket prices. Also i didnt say that the crib is innovative, but it is at least two steps above the madden cards. And also primetime is way more than nice, it reminds me of the very first madden when you see highlites of other games, im not here to be a fan boy, if madden was better, i would have to agree with you, but its not, so quit givin us these pitch phrases about the owner mode, madden cards, and that offline crap, cuz if you see these threads most people here love ESPN. Also, whats up with the importing college players?? HAHA Thats why my college football game is goin back!!

Crib is dumb. I'd rather have Madden cards then try making a house full of crap. Just because more people like ESPN here doesn't make it better. Sales show and Madden is winning.

CharlieHustle
09-20-2003, 05:38 PM
Holt please, we dont care about sales. As a matter of fact, im through debatin over which game is better. How about this, ill go and play my game ONLINE, and you can sit here and give your sales pitch about why people should buy madden. As long as we have options of which games to guy, then it is good for us gamers. I have no problem with that.

Seawolf1
09-23-2003, 12:46 PM
Mafia, In an attempt to get passed all the "my game is better than your game" BS why dont you try doing some research on the web for American Football rules and regulations.
www.nfl.com might be a good place to start. also try here for some football 101 http://football.about.com/cs/football101/a/bl_football101.htm

I hate to add to this "which game do I get" debate, but having tried all three myself (Fever, ESPN, Maddan) I have to recommend ESPN Football. It has a few minor quirks, but it is the most balanced game of the three and a lot of fun to play. IMO

Seawolf1
09-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Now would that be Total sales for all three consoles or just for the Xbox, because it does matter.
Fact: if not for EA's huge marketing foothold on the sports gaming market Maddan would not have a chance to compete against other sports games on the market.
EA has the attitude of "Hey, we can put 60% into the game and the other 40% into marketing and these idiots will buy it anyway because its maddan and everyone knows maddan."
LOL
It's not that Maddan is the better game, its just that there are enough stupid people out there who buy into EA's marketing BS. LMAO


Originally posted by Holt88


Crib is dumb. I'd rather have Madden cards then try making a house full of crap. Just because more people like ESPN here doesn't make it better. Sales show and Madden is winning.