PDA

View Full Version : Whats the number to call to send an old xbox to get fixed?

EHWfedPres
09-16-2003, 02:07 PM
Anybody know? I need some help please.

carlbme
09-16-2003, 02:31 PM
1-800-4-MY-XBOX
--------(69-9269)

l Maximus l
09-17-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by carlbme
1-800-4-MY-XBOX
--------(69-9269)

Das Right! :D

EHWfedPres
09-17-2003, 01:49 AM
I thought that was it, but I had to make sure. Wouldnt want to call up some dude and sound like an ass, id rather post something on the internet and look like an ass. :watchout:

Anyway, I got my copy of raw 2 today (much better than the first, by far), and it freezes alot when in the create a wrestler mode and after almost every match. I just got the game today and it already has a ton of huge scratches all over it, so I dunno where the heck they came from, but I dunno if thats the problem or not. My buddy got the game today also, so im going to ask to borrow his disc and play for a while with that and have him use mine on his system and see if he has any problems. He has a newer refurbished model and I have one from the launch. Hopefully the disc is just messed up.

Do they still fix the xboxes for free or is there a fee now?

Variation-XBA
09-17-2003, 01:58 AM
It's gunna cost you.
Next time get an exchange warranty, you can go through as many as you want :)

EHWfedPres
09-17-2003, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Variation
It's gunna cost you.

I dont really care as long as its not a huge amount. Do you know what they charge?

OuFtb
09-17-2003, 09:54 AM
If you have a launch Xbox, I belive those are the ones that were messed up so they should fix it for free, just tell the guy you heard they were fixing them for free, he should have a list of seril number things from the xboxs that were screwed up, if yours is on the list they will fix it with no charge, at least thats what happen when I had mine fixed.

If they don't do that anymore it should cost around a 100 dollars depending on what wrong with it.

Shadow20002
09-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Wow...cost soo much to repair just for a Xbox !! :watchout:

EHWfedPres
09-17-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by OuFtb
If you have a launch Xbox, I belive those are the ones that were messed up so they should fix it for free, just tell the guy you heard they were fixing them for free, he should have a list of seril number things from the xboxs that were screwed up, if yours is on the list they will fix it with no charge, at least thats what happen when I had mine fixed.

If they don't do that anymore it should cost around a 100 dollars depending on what wrong with it.

Thats not too bad. Ill call the number tomorrow and see whats up. Thankx for the help.

DocHoliday78
09-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Or you could do the switch with Walmart....

EHWfedPres
09-17-2003, 12:59 PM
No, screw that. I have a crapload of save games that I dont feel like losing.

scotto46
09-17-2003, 03:12 PM
Chances are first thing they do is use their special disk to wipe your xbox clean and see if it fixes itself w/ a fresh install.
I wouldn't count on getting anything back that you had before....

SouthBay
09-17-2003, 03:13 PM
Your gonna lose your saved games

or at least I did

Got mine repaired and it was blank when I got it back.

IT SUCKED

EHWfedPres
09-18-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by SouthBay
Your gonna lose your saved games

or at least I did

Got mine repaired and it was blank when I got it back.

IT SUCKED

They probably just gave you a new one.

l Maximus l
09-19-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by EHWfedPres

They probably just gave you a new one.

I would do the switch. The old one will just be sent back to Microsoft for them to fix and resell anyway.

Some of the new games don't work quite right with the first generation XBoxes...which really is irritating...so, I don't have any moral issues with doing a switch based on that fact alone.