PDA

View Full Version : Obi-Wan or Starfighter

DT21
12-20-2001, 02:15 PM
Obi-Wan should be out today. I want to know if Obi-Wan is going to be a better game than Starfighter. If anyone has the game, please give comments on the game.

smack119
12-20-2001, 10:33 PM
i beleive it comes out tomorrow.... but it will probably be delayed more.... anyway the games are 2 completely different games.... 1 is a flying shooter game the other is a 3rd person adventure game..... i dont really like flying games so im getting obi-wan... ive always wanted a lightsabre game

robnyack
12-21-2001, 12:25 PM
anyone know if it's out as of today (12/21)? I heard Payne, Obi, and Silent Hill were all supposed to be released YESTERDAY, but, I only saw Payne in the stores I checked out.

DT21
12-21-2001, 01:08 PM
I'm pretty sure Obi-Wan is out, but not too sure on SH2.

DIGITAL
12-21-2001, 03:20 PM
i just picked up a copy of obi wan for my little brother for xmas so its out

Topconsole
12-21-2001, 03:42 PM
Obi-wan, The force is very strong with u!

DT21
12-21-2001, 03:50 PM
Anyone try the game yet?

smack119
12-23-2001, 03:59 AM
i got obi-wan.... it is a pretty sweet game. i love the force powers. the sabre is pretty easy to use it only take like 3 mins to get ok at it. learning enough to be a master dueler will take some time though. the multi player is fun. you can see your opponent is getting ready to use a force power (they get a blue aura around them) only thing is you dont know which one.....are they going to throw you across the room?? or force leap over your head??? or throw their lightsabre at you??? or use force focus to slow all the action down???or use a force power swing??? it is a game that you can learn to play in like 5 mins......but to actually master will take you a while

SteedaStang2001
12-23-2001, 11:48 AM
I got this game yesterday this is the best starwars game ive ever played it so cool whipping out the lightsabre and being able to manuver like he does there so many cool movements you can do! if you've ever played the computer game its kinda similar but this is 100% better becouse you have full control over the sabre and the atmosphere is really nice the sound is unbeleavable its actual music done by john williams theres even some music from the old star wars movies theres one thing that will be bad@ss when i get to whip Darth mauls double light sabred @ss :) if your a star wars fan You beter go buy this game the graphics are really good too I almost want to buy 2 copies its so good, im a sicko :) I havnt played 2 player yet sorry ill let you guys know how that is i cant imagine its any worse then single player :) this game ROCKS! you are all sick B@stard s if you dont go out and buy it for gods sake ill prob play this more than Halo! thats how much I like it and thats saying a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteedaStang2001

smack119
12-23-2001, 12:03 PM
speaking of that......i DID buy 2 copies. i bought 1 for me, and then 2 hours later bought another to give my bro for christmas

SteedaStang2001
12-23-2001, 12:06 PM
NICE!!! glad to see im not as Crazy as I thought!! game rules doesnt it!

DT21
12-23-2001, 12:14 PM
How many missions are there?

SteedaStang2001
12-23-2001, 12:24 PM
Im not sure Ive yet to beat it but i think the game takes 10-12 hours to beat and theres 12 missions these are all assumptions! ive read it somewhere! also you have to do certain things to get new guys to play in versus mode theres like 8 people you can play in 2 player mode you start with 2 peeps

Go buy it you wont regret it!

SteedaStang2001
----------------------
Halo - Combat Evolved
Dead or Alive 3
StarWars - Obi-Wan

DT21
12-23-2001, 12:37 PM
Does Obi-Wan's voice in the game sound crappy?

SteedaStang2001
12-23-2001, 01:36 PM
Obi sounds like the guy from the movie maybe its just me but it truly sounds like him dont hold me to anything though! you shouldnt worry about the voices or anything the game is badass go buy it! im playing it while I type this message well its paused but its on :) cya any more?'s keep um coming!

smack119
12-23-2001, 06:50 PM
i agree... the voice did seem very similar to those in the movie. this is a great game

DT21
12-23-2001, 07:27 PM
So Obi-Wan doesn't sound as crappy as the preview I saw at gamespot? On the video preview, it sounds terrible.

smack119
12-23-2001, 09:18 PM
i didnt see the preview.... but to me the sound doesnt sound bad. it sounds fine

SteedaStang2001
12-23-2001, 11:19 PM
FOR GODS SAKE D21 go buy it its badass, if you dont want to spend any money, rent it but that takes away all the fun I never rent games only ****ty ones i know I wont buy like kabuki warriors dont buy that 2d piece of Crap! the game rules if your a star wars fan you'll liek it if your not dont bother with the game only a true fan will enjoy this game! I know a lot of people that didnt liek the new episode one I LOVED that movie, I even own the dvd this movies based off that movie!!! Peace

SteedaStang2001
----------------------
Halo - Combat Evolved
Dead or Alive 3
StarWars - Obi-Wan

Radman
12-25-2001, 12:36 AM
i rented the game and played it for one day , its a cool game. It takes you time to master the light saber it took me a whole a chapter to get the hang of it!. As for the force skills they are super cool!. The game is not that good looking but the gameplay takes care of that. The only thing thats disappointing with the game is that it looks short. I might have made a mistake there but i played it for a few hours and got to the middle of chapter 3 or 4 was it ,and it shows thats its about 5 chapters long. Got all the characters in jedi battle except for the last one.

overall i think its a great game and dont judge it from the beginning play a little through and you will love it , its a must buy game.

Mark7305
12-25-2001, 07:46 AM
My bro got me this game for christmas. WOW! WHAT A GAME!!!! It is soo awesome to do a roundhouse with yourt light saber and other moves like the force push or force jump when swinging your light saber. This is just an awesome game. If you are unsure about it, rent it, but give it a while until you get into the storyline, it will get better.

One thing, the game I thought has like some 15 different missions, not 5.

Woocifer
12-26-2001, 10:54 AM
I've played both and have both...they are pretty harsh games. They aren't fun, the graphics are terrible on them. The only good thing on Obi Wan is the floor, that's about it. His shadowing on his clothes looks like a pixelated bitmap that is draped over his back. A friend tried this game and the first thing he said to me was, 'Whats wrong with his back?' Well...the game just was rushed out the door. Great idea, more story needed, slow down is terrible, and my obi wan even disappeared halfway through a level, as did the level...and then the enemies...I was just a floating sabre casually walking along a building. Games should not do that, especially when we pay so much for them. And they claim that piracy is killing the industry...I think piracy exists because the idustry won't step up to the idea of quality. Make a good game, and I'll start buyin them. So far Azurik, NHL 2002 and Obi Wan have been poorly done. Not that big of a deal, mind you you'd think that EA and Lucas Arts could at least produce something on par with most of the games out there. I know this is my opinion, but when a game crashes and looks like dog doo on a stick, what would you pay 40-80 bucks for? :)