PDA

View Full Version : X-box Value.......What do you think

Chr0nik
12-20-2001, 02:27 PM
I found the X-box to be quite worth the money I shelled out for it.

It cost me 800.00 canadian for the box, 2 games and an extra controller. I also purchased a three year extended warranty just incase.

Up to now I love the X-box , but my limited time has not permitted me to really sit down and view its potential.

What are your opinions on the X-box`s Price/Value ratio.

What are your opinions on the X-box Vs Other consoles (PS2 or Gamcube)

l Maximus l
12-20-2001, 02:38 PM
If the XBox was $800 in American Exchange, I still would have bought it!

The value of the XBox to be at $299.99 in American Exchange is almost ludicrous! That price is so cheap for what we all get as consumers. To think, for the same price as the PoS2, we get an 733 Mhz processor, an 8 gig hard-drive which is partitioned for faster loading times, game saves, and ripping your personal CD collection to play in the background of selective games, on-line broadband built in, tons of exclusive titles like Halo, PGR, Fever, Amped, Oddworld, and Azurik...plus, additional upgraded game titles exclusively for the XBox including the likes of Metal Gear Solid X....also, four controller ports, 9 foot controller cables, a console that doesn't look like a purple purse :D, a respective quality DVD player (great for people who don't have one), and a system that truly can boast the title as a next generation console...every penny is well spent for this one. :p

Can I get an "Amen"? :D

Ninja Scroll
12-20-2001, 02:42 PM
Good questions little trooper!

I feel the Xbox at $299.99 is a steal without question.
you get the best graphics, sound, DVD playback, ect. Im not one to write 10,000 words to express on the Xbox's advantages but the console is in a league of it's own.
The games at $49.99 is kinda pricey but im used to it after all these years in gaming.
But you meantioned PS2? I'll leave that to the other forum addicts to reply cause both systems at $299.99 is a debate we all know is worthless in expressing cause their in no comparison.
Kiddycube at $199.99 is a good deal. Nintendo is more catered to the younger audience to you had better know wht you are getting into with them.

I dont think you can go wrong with any of your choices. Cause first and formost,........ it's all about the games.

kirkyg
12-20-2001, 04:09 PM
value is pretty straight forward...im assuming 800 dollars would be alot less here in the us? Now i have alot of games im looking forward too. Nothing has come out on computer in so long for the PC that i finally got back into consoles.

kirkyg

XAddict
12-20-2001, 08:10 PM
I agree with everyone else on this topic. Look at the playstation 2 priced at 299 and you dont get half the stuff you do with xbox. Even as they said they are losing 200 dollars and every xbox that they sell. WOW i LOVE XBOX

MERRY X-mas

JeremyX
12-20-2001, 10:33 PM
One Microsoft Xbox......$299
Halo.........$50
DOA3.......$50
NFL Fever.........$50

Having all your time consumed playing video games with all of your friends while they drool from the stunning graphics............priceless.

For everything else, there's Microsofts' Xbox.

GamerSince'76
12-20-2001, 11:29 PM
I also am a Canadian. I paid $460 for the console & $80 for a two year extended warranty from Cumpucentre.

What I find really pricey are the games which can cost up to $85 with taxes. I still glad I bought the Xbox. it is a great console.

Many of our American friends don't realize that the design was slightly altered for Canada. The green Xbox logo on the console is flatter and deeper to hold a Labatts Lite and we get an Igloo adapter included free of charge. And as a special bonus...No extended warranty for Canadians. The last part sucks.