PDA

View Full Version : Halo: is MC a navy seal?

Adawg
09-17-2003, 06:11 AM
:confused:

What do you think?

lethaldosex
09-17-2003, 10:20 AM
No just Ramdos son

OC Noob
09-17-2003, 10:32 AM
He's a Marine, Morine.

GURA (that spelling has to be off, anyone care to help me?)

Adawg
09-17-2003, 12:08 PM
no he is not a marine.... master chief is a navy ranking.for proof look here

http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/mcpon/mcponpg.html

if he was a marine he would be a gunny sargent.

Adawg
09-17-2003, 12:25 PM
so I ask again...do you think master chief is a navy seal?

Duke
09-17-2003, 12:30 PM
Nice double post.

In any case, I agree that MC is a marine. I'm not sure that bungie was going for 100% accuracy in titles/rankings in the game.

Everyone that fights alongside him is referred to as a marine.

In any case, who cares. If he's SEAL team: Master Chief, then great, if not, I'll sleep ok anyway.

Adawg
09-17-2003, 12:39 PM
you guyzz kill me ..so the navy doesnt work with the marines..ya.. the guys that are human are marines but special forces (seals) work with all branches of military.Navy seals have worked with marines in the war in Iraq.

this doesnt stop me from sleeping at night just peeps that dont know what they are talking about...but even that doesnt stop me from sleeping much.
Im sure if bungle wanted to call him gunny then ok he a marine but they didnt....they know the rankins and medels if you look a capt keys uniform he was awarded the metel of honor...its looks like the real medel;....so I think they did.

plus if he was a marine why call him master chief.

lethaldosex
09-17-2003, 12:51 PM
UM you know that Master Cheif isnt real right? And That the goverment doesnt have a branch of the military that goes out in space and fights.

Rancey
09-17-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by lethaldosex
UM you know that Master Cheif isnt real right? And That the goverment doesnt have a branch of the military that goes out in space and fights.

omg, I can't believe you just said that. I've been fighting on pluto for the last 6 months, hence my absence. We only just got the net up here!

thrAsher
09-17-2003, 12:58 PM
Master Chief (the title, not the FPS character) is a rank in the Navy. Yet he runs with Marines. But they are fighting in space.

:huh:

Since I obviously have too much time on my hands, let me just say, Master Chief is a cyborg killing machine. Also, as SEAL stands for Sea, Air, and Land (or something close), I don't see how he'd be a Navy Seal. Maybe he's a SALSA (Sea, Air, Land, Space Attackbot). :eek: :p

LongBow
09-17-2003, 12:59 PM
Last time I checked, he was a SPARTAN 5. SuperHuman asskicking killing machine. Deployed to fight he covenant.

Duke
09-17-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Adawg
you guyzz kill me ..so the navy doesnt work with the marines..ya.. the guys that are human are marines but special forces (seals) work with all branches of military.Navy seals have worked with marines in the war in Iraq.

No you kill me. Never said they don't work together. But as I stated before, and as others have said, I don't think Halo has any basis in reality.

I realize we have a member who has been fighting on pluto for countless years, so maybe we should ask him.

Now I realize that the war in Iraq is VERY similar to the Halo story, so you're right champ. There's no doubt in my mind that MC is a SEAL. And probably batman too.

Rob86ZX
09-17-2003, 01:39 PM
SALSA, that was funny.

Can he not just be a Navy guy who can kick a lot of ass? Yeah he fights along side Marines, but he is a Navy project.

Adawg
09-17-2003, 02:14 PM
it’s a know fact that we have navy astronaut that are trained to fight and to travel in space...in time of space travel the navy with be the for front in space travel...If you look at submarines now they have there own oxygen, and environments, they are meant to stay submerged for months at a time. With the right modifications they could be in space as well. the Pilar of autumn is nothing more then submarine ... ship in a battle fleet.

I know that the Iraq war and the story of halo has no similarity with the game...but if you use that thing a imagination you would put the combat situations in the same boat.(no the fact that they are in space but the fact that they work together)

the salsa was funny I like that. I think you would be right.

batman wouldnt be a seal he is a crime fighter in the city of gothem...not a military figure...

lethaldosex
09-17-2003, 02:22 PM
Hmmmm have you read Fall From Reach. Does it say in there about him being a MC with marines?

Rob86ZX
09-17-2003, 02:27 PM
No dude, he was/is a Navy project recruited by that Dr. and Jacob Keyes. But nor is there any mention of Army in the book, it is all Marines and Navy.

Voodoo_Vince
09-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Come on guy's this thread reminds me of a "Captain Kirk could kick Darth Vaders @ss" nerd thread , do we really wan't Halocons, where everyone is dressed as Master cheif or a Flood or Covenant!!, this is how it starts!!, lets not make Halo the next Con trend , lets keep it out of the reaches of Dorkdom , who cares if he's a Seal or a Marine it's a FICTIONAL story, if this goes on next we will be debating if MC and an Alien from Aliens had a Kid what would it look like, and could it kick darth vaders @ass

lethaldosex
09-17-2003, 03:45 PM
lol
your all wrong man..... Darth Vader would whoop kicks @ss for sure.

Adawg
09-17-2003, 04:02 PM
this thread was started just to find out what peeps thought about master chief(seal or not)...if you dont want to get in on the conversation dont post...as fair as the new debates that came up so what its all in good fun..,..and dark vader would win.

IlliniFan86
09-17-2003, 05:30 PM
maybe hes just a fictional character in a make believe branch of military? whatever he is hes a 1-man killing machine

nik2deep
09-17-2003, 06:15 PM
He is a Spartan.

And Elite group bread to fight. But i believe it was a navy project, headed by Dr. Jacobs, who cortana was modeled after.

i Cant remember, i read the book before xbox came out.

Reclaimer
09-17-2003, 08:54 PM
OK, I'll cut to the point..

The Marines operate under the department of the Navy. Thats why the Marines use the Navy as transportation.

Since John117 seems to be a direct combat element, so I would imagine he would be a masterchief for the Navy.. Navy SEAL. His actual MOS would be anyone's guess.. Gunnersmate possibly.

JJaX
09-17-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by nik2deep
He is a Spartan.

And Elite group bread to fight. But i believe it was a navy project, headed by Dr. Jacobs, who cortana was modeled after.

i Cant remember, i read the book before xbox came out.

I wrote that post, sorry...

Forgot to add the -JJaX

Incase anyone wanted to question it.

SPARTAN VI
09-17-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by LongBow
Last time I checked, he was a SPARTAN 5. SuperHuman asskicking killing machine. Deployed to fight he covenant.

Close, but yeah. He's neither a Marine nor a Navy Seal. He's a SPARTAN II.

NeosNightmare
09-18-2003, 10:55 AM
its jus my opinion that he probably jus a futuristic seal who recruited the best marines to work with him.

JJaX
09-18-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by NeosNightmare
its jus my opinion that he probably jus a futuristic seal who recruited the best marines to work with him.

But he's not. THeres a book called "Halo: Fall of reach"

Its a prequel to the game halo.

Why theres still speculation and theories about master chief is the real mystery here. The book explains his orgins, end of thread.

Adawg
09-19-2003, 01:07 AM
:eek: oh well just cuz you said "end of thread" I guess its over.Ya right please keep your post coming.