PDA

View Full Version : simpsons hit and run!!!!!!

diranged
09-17-2003, 11:01 PM
who has it, is it any good. im thinking of buying it. i love the simpsons and ign gave it an 8. but i dont know about ign cause they gave raw 2 an 9.1 :cuss: they owe me $54.11 augh anyway. is there any good videos or good reviews out there. thanx :cheers:

lethaldosex
09-18-2003, 01:39 PM
Raw2 whats wrong with it. IT looked pretty good?

diranged
09-18-2003, 05:57 PM
why was this moved to racing games thread? from what i heard its not a racing game

:huh:

OC Noob
09-19-2003, 03:13 AM
If you are a big fan its really cool.

I am playing it and the missions are easy, but I haven't gotten past the first level yet. Need more time to play.

I think it kicks ass. Its one of those things where time just flys when you are playing it, but I have pretty unique tastes sometimes.

I can advise you to spend the $50. Like I said I've just scratched the surface, but the world is great and its like watching an episode of the TV show.

Maybe you could rent it.

ps there are a lot of obscure things, refernces, episode trading cards, locations and items in the world.

Really cool IMO, especially finding the garden on top of the Kwiki Mart. Nice attention to detail I guess.

Arven
09-20-2003, 09:52 AM
I agree with OC -- it's one of those games you sit down to play, and before you know it, you've logged two or three hours. It's just a very likeable game. It's no Splinter Cell -- no major brainwork required (although some of the races are tough).

THE GOOD:

- Options. Drive around the city and explore (smash stuff, collect money, highjack cars, kick pedestrians, find 'bees' or cards) or pick up a mission, it's up to you.

- Humor, lightheartedness. Well, sometimes the jokes are lame, but generally you have a smile on your face when you're playing.

- The range of characters, all from the show. Hundreds, it seems, all with the right voices.

- The size of the city. You can't free-roam it all at once, since it unlocks in segments, based on the character you're playing. But the overall size is pretty big.

- Fun arcade driving physics, especially skidding around corners with the handbrake.

- Lots of jumps and shortcuts to be found.

- Cars and costumes to unlock. I'm currently playing as Homer in his underwear.

- Lots of stuff to collect, if you're into that.

THE BAD:

- Character models are decent but could have used a little more time and attention.

- Minor glitches

- Some of the character's lines are a little annoying, especially when they are repeated.

- Can't play as Grampa.

OC Noob
09-20-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Arven
I agree with OC -- it's one of those games you sit down to play, and before you know it, you've logged two or three hours. It's just a very likeable game. It's no Splinter Cell -- no major brainwork required (although some of the races are tough).

THE GOOD:

- Options. Drive around the city and explore (smash stuff, collect money, highjack cars, kick pedestrians, find 'bees' or cards) or pick up a mission, it's up to you.

- Humor, lightheartedness. Well, sometimes the jokes are lame, but generally you have a smile on your face when you're playing.

- The range of characters, all from the show. Hundreds, it seems, all with the right voices.

- The size of the city. You can't free-roam it all at once, since it unlocks in segments, based on the character you're playing. But the overall size is pretty big.

- Fun arcade driving physics, especially skidding around corners with the handbrake.

- Lots of jumps and shortcuts to be found.

- Cars and costumes to unlock. I'm currently playing as Homer in his underwear.

- Lots of stuff to collect, if you're into that.

THE BAD:

- Character models are decent but could have used a little more time and attention.

- Minor glitches

- Some of the character's lines are a little annoying, especially when they are repeated.

- Can't play as Grampa.

That first level was so-so, but into the second level I am really loving it. Driving around with grandpa is fun as hell, the WWII vehicle is fun and he has the best 1 liners.

I had to play casual homer too.

This game is getting better and better.

Arven
09-21-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by OC Noob
That first level was so-so, but into the second level I am really loving it. Driving around with grandpa is fun as hell, the WWII vehicle is fun and he has the best 1 liners.

heh. That's right -- you can't PLAY as Grampa, but you can unlock his WWII Vehicle in the Level 2 bonus mission, and he drives you around. Pretty funny stuff. I also like the bonus mission unlockable on Level 1, Cletus's Pickup -- bouncing around with the chicken feathers flying everywhere. haha. I'm looking forward to seeing what the bonus mission car will be on Level 3.

I'm actually finding some of the missions on Level 3 to be a little challenging.

Good game. Fun.

runninutes
09-22-2003, 10:58 AM
A very fun game, definitely easy to lose track of time while playing it. My wife tells me it isn't any fun to watch, although she understands why it would be fun to play.

My only gripes are:
- the camera is pretty bizarre sometimes when you're walking around, although I haven't had any trouble while driving. For example, in level 1, if you walk into Homer's office, the camera switches around so that the direction you held to walk into the room now walks you right back out of it. So you're holding Up, and it walks you in, out, in, out, in, out... until you get smart enough to just let up off the button.

- I feel like some of the stuff is just TOO hard to find. For example, in level one, there are two bees and a bunch of coins on top of the metalwork of the bridge (not the one you jump - the one going to the trailer park). I never would have thought to look there. Now if I'd been observant at the right time... I might have noticed the coin on the side of the bridge. It's sitting on one of the steps. But I drove by that bridge a lot of times and never saw it. I'm a loser and looked it up in a walkthrough.

OC Noob
09-22-2003, 11:12 AM
Into level 4 now and I agree, the camera is a little wierd since you can't rotate it through solid things. Its only a minor thing, but it has gotten really fubared once or twice.

There are a few missions that are just terribly hard. Not in a good way either. Hard in an annoying senseless way, but there are only a few and all the other great missions make up for it.

I hope there are some non-driving missions. I really don't think they will be able to keep 4 more levels interesting with just car based missions.

I haven't tried to find all the collectables yet, just doing missions and messing around a bit. Will get all the bees and that other stuff later.

So far great, great game. The cars are just fun to drive. They did a great job with the power slides and the handling. Theres nothing like getting turned around in a race, punching it in reverse, doing a 180 on the fly without slowing down.