PDA

View Full Version : The true story behind Perfect Dark

Shadow20002
09-18-2003, 02:03 PM
Jo Dark not due to arrive 'til 2006? Let's see what Rare has to say about that

After the palpable disappointment of Perfect Dark's no show at the recent X03 event in Nice, we'd concede that there's every chance Rare's much fancied shooter is a ways off, but the Internet appears to be ablaze with stories that the title isn't officially due until 2006. And that just ain't so.
The story appears to have come about after one website ran a jokey comment in reference to the game's release, which appears to have been taken rather too seriously by some of the other games sites out there.

We called Microsoft to find out more, where a spokesperson told us that no date has been officially announced. So then we turned our attentions to Rare, and stunningly, the shrinking violet of the development world actually spoke to us...

"We're just not putting a date on Perfect Dark yet. Anything you read on a website is speculation, we're still in the process of getting the game ready," said Production Assistant Andy Wilson, earlier this morning.

When asked when we could expect to hear more news or see media from the game, Wilson told us: "Well, there's E3 next year, or there's the X0 conferences, they're the big ones." We also asked Wilson if he could at least confirm that we wouldn't have to wait for Perfect Dark until 2006, but the cagey Wilson refused to be drawn.

"I won't commit to a date. We know when we're aiming for, but we're not ready to reveal that date yet. We've got other games in the works that are going to be appearing first and we want to concentrate on those."

So that's it then - nothing official, but if the game is shown at next year's E3, we could expect to see the title as early as Christmas 2004, though a more realistic date is probably Easter 2005. Knowing Rare, of course, it'll probably turn up in 2007, exclusively on GameCube 2.
==============================================

So i think RARE is holding this one just for Nintendo. :mad:

DIGITAL
09-18-2003, 02:10 PM
how long is rare's contract with microsoft,i thought they were now part of microsoft:huh:

Voodoo_Vince
09-18-2003, 02:12 PM
So i think RARE is holding this one just for Nintendo.

I am sure he was Joking, its an Old Rare joke to extend the time frame of completion to an over exagerated Degree,

But Knowing rare I don't expect anything on PD zero until a few months before xbox 2 comes out , besides I think it's going to suck really bad anyway si I don't care,

l Maximus l
09-19-2003, 02:40 AM
We'll get Perfect Dark someday...but, in the meantime, I'll be loving life with, I believe, better shooters like Halo 2, DOOM 3, Half Life 2, Rainbow Six: 3, and Counter Strike :)

Shadow20002
09-19-2003, 08:45 AM
Yup, we all the titles coming in this fall, we will forget this one. :P

studepaber
09-19-2003, 09:18 AM
We've got other games in the works that are going to be appearing first and we want to concentrate on those."

Get your priorities straight Rare :cuss: Unless it's a Conker game then continue work :D

JJaX
09-19-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by studepaber

Get your priorities straight Rare :cuss: Unless it's a Conker game then continue work :D

THe conker game was actually scrapped, than the project was brought back to life by microsoft. So im sure it will be garbage.