PDA

View Full Version : Who 2 Belive

lllSmokelll
09-18-2003, 10:40 PM
WWE Raw 2

IGN - 9.1 claim theres hardly any clipping
Gamespot - 6.9 claim the game has some of the worst clipping of any wrestling game

Man im confused, i was really looking forward to this game, i usually like gamespot reviews more, id like to belive the game deserves a 9.1, but they gave WWF Raw a 9.1 and it definatly didnt deserve it.

Anyone played this crap yet :D

lethaldosex
09-18-2003, 11:00 PM
Well man try renting it. I am think about buying it. Some people on here said it was good. Its got to be better than the first one for sure.

AlBoogy
09-18-2003, 11:04 PM
I think they gave it another 9.1 out of obligation. They probably sat there and said "how are we going to give this game a score lower then the last? Its virtually the same game with many more features". They probably didnt want to take the heat and answer all the questions on why the first one scored higher then the second.

Uchiha Sasuke
09-18-2003, 11:06 PM
IGN is usually a lot more accurate with there reviews than Gamespot. Gamespot in my opinion are pretty damn baised.

AlBoogy
09-19-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Substance Snake
IGN is usually a lot more accurate with there reviews than Gamespot. Gamespot in my opinion are pretty damn baised.

I actually think the opposite. To me, gamespot is the pinnacle of reviews. IGN tends to overrate SOME games. I used to think GS was biased but Im over that. If you look at many recent Xbox titles theyve actually rated many of them 8.0 or higher. If they give anything above an 8.0 I consider a must buy.

diranged
09-19-2003, 12:30 AM
raw 2 sucks dont waste your money. i baught it :cry: and was extremley disapointed. the game is really slow paced and it gets boring real fast augh getting mad thinking about it :mad:

Variation-XBA
09-19-2003, 01:18 AM
I'm liking it so far...

About the clipping, well there's some, but I can live with it.
It's only really bad when you have a weapon outside the ring, and try hitting someone thats inside, and it kinda goes through the apron =/ heh

Slower paced than WMXIX, but looks awesome:) CAW rocks too.

And I dont listen to gamespot for their reviews, they are biased and love ps2 :P

l Maximus l
09-19-2003, 02:35 AM
If you have any doubt, rent the bad boy and judge for yourself. That's what I do if I'm not sure. Hell, you get to have it for atleast 5 days...that should give you a good idea of what the game is all about.

mattgame
09-19-2003, 02:20 PM
Rent it, check it out. It is better than the last one. :)

lllSmokelll
09-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by diranged
raw 2 sucks dont waste your money. i baught it :cry: and was extremley disapointed. the game is really slow paced and it gets boring real fast augh getting mad thinking about it :mad:

yea ill probably rent it, someone tell me about he hell in a cell and tlc matches :)

Hugopolo
09-19-2003, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

I actually think the opposite. To me, gamespot is the pinnacle of reviews. IGN tends to overrate SOME games. I used to think GS was biased but Im over that. If you look at many recent Xbox titles theyve actually rated many of them 8.0 or higher. If they give anything above an 8.0 I consider a must buy.
I agree Ign always overrates bland action games i think they base it on how fun it is for the first hour instead of a few days

Ugunnalose
09-19-2003, 07:33 PM
team xbox gave it a 4.5 or someting like that so i think its tight

lllSmokelll
09-19-2003, 07:48 PM
i just read on a site that gave it a 60 something, that u cant fight on the ramp and champions dont wear the championship belt to the ring...

DocHoliday78
09-20-2003, 01:39 AM
I am lovin this game so far. Best create a character mode ever. Gotta love the ability to select your own song on the hardrive.:cheers:

lllSmokelll
09-20-2003, 07:03 PM
i couldnt take it anymore, so i bought it, i just played it for 7 hours :D

its better than i had imagined. the computer is dumb though, in TLC matches the computer goes right for a ladder to climb and get the belt:watchout:

other than that its a pretty good game

DIGITAL
09-20-2003, 07:18 PM
well im glad your happy with the game ,im gonna rent it first ,since i bought the first one an now it covered with dust

lllSmokelll
09-20-2003, 10:47 PM
the computer is actually very dumb. thats the only thing messing the game up a bit. i picked a royal rumble match. all the computer does is fight. it probably doesnt know that the point is to throw guys out. in 10 minutes i threw 3 guys out the computer threw none out. in hell in a cell matches if u pick like a hell in a cell with 6 guys or even 3, they all stay in the ring, they dont try getting out and going to the top even if u go and wait for the computer it will just run around the ring like a dumbass. the only way to get him is to throw him out the ring, break the door open and climb up while hes right next to u, he'll follow. and u can only break the cage at the top where the ring is, like u cant chokeslam him from the top, threw the cage and to the ground (too bad) but u can chokeslam him right off the side :D the computer tries getting a ladder setting it up quickly and climbing it to get the belt in tlc matches too fast, u dont even get to wrestle. when ur down the computer tries pinning u. he gets like a 1 count. he pins u again a 1 count. he keeps pinning u and u cant get up, ****es me off. still a good game, the hell in a cell is still the best match. ill write a review for xba soon :)

Reclaimer
09-22-2003, 05:53 AM
Well, I'm liking the game. Like mentioned above, the only clipping I could really see was when you tried to hit people on the mat from the ground with a weapon. That was about it. Yeah, it was more obvious when you tried to smack people with a ladder from the ground. But that was seriously all I could see.
I do agree with the retarded computer antics.. some of it really annoying. I didn't care of the endless pin cycle the computer got into. Where they just pin you repeatedly before you can even get up. I swear I have carpal tunnel syndrome from pressing the buttons so much to get away from that problem.
But the game is a blast when you play it with your friends. If it ever seems to get old, plug in 3 more controllers and have at. That alone adds some replay value. You can even go as far as we did, made are own characters, made them into a team, ripped our own intro music, and made a custom introduction. So like the Dudley Boys, we have our own 3 man team. We call them Damage INC. Then we compete in the 3 VS 3 tornado matches. There's a lot of good things going for this game. Sure, it's not perfect, and while doing my official review, I point it out. But at least it's 100% better than the abonination of a game that came out last year. It's a very strong wrestling game, if you dig mulitplayer games.. you should really have this one.

BORNGD
09-22-2003, 08:47 AM
people seem to be making themselves like it if you ask me...everyone i have talked to said they keep playing it although it is like LAST YEARS. I thought last years was horrible!!! i played a little of the new one and was not impressed. but then again, i actually do know one person who did like the first one, so to each his own:eek:

SlightlySycho
09-22-2003, 09:36 PM
Overall, it's essentially better than last year. But as far as wrestling games go, it's gone three steps back.

Clipping exists, but it isn't the biggest problem. If you choose to have a weapon in your CAWs entrance, it limits the number of entrances you can choose from. You'll have kendo sticks going through your head, neck, and shoulders. THere's some clipping during matches, but it's not too bad.

THere are more matches this year . . . but there are absolutely NO match options. You can't select a Normal match and turn off Rope Break. You can't even select how long the count out is.

AI is skitchy. It's less cheap than last year . . . but it's not necessarilly brighter. I've actually had my tag partner break up one of my pin falls. And if you put up a battle royal match, you quickly learn that every other character rushes to break up any pin fall or submission (and it's an elimination-type match). And something is seriously wrong with the referees. There count-rate is insane; it's totally random.

Gameplaywise . . . it's essentially the same POS engine as last year. The pacing is better, and the focus is more on grappling. But the reversal system is a mixxed bag. While the random reversal system of last year is gone, it's been replaced by a button mashing reversal system. That's essentially the same game mode that Acclaim used a decade ago!

BUT . . . as said it's better than last year. And since there are currently only three other wrestling games on the XBox (LoW 1&2 and the first RAW), your choices are pretty limited for a wrestling game fix. And if you don't like Legends of Wrestling (as many of you apparently don't), and don't think Backyard Wrestling is going to be good . . . RAW 2 is pretty much your only choice.

Damn you Microsoft! Damn you for cancelling Wild Rings! We could have had an AKI game! Damn you to HELL!
:cuss:
OK, maybe I'm overreacting.
:cry: