PDA

View Full Version : DINO CRISIS 3 impressions

DOOM
09-19-2003, 08:53 AM
I Have Been Playing For A Few Hours Now & I Have To Say That This Game Is Really Cool!
I Think The Reviews Are A Lil Harsh On This Game, It Kicks Butt!!! The Story Is Sick & Not What you Think (Youll Be Suprised).
I Just Fought The First Boss And Let Me Tell You, THIS GAME IS FrEAiNg Sick!!!
The Camra Is Typical Capcom Survival Horror, With A First Person View Mode...
I Sold 37 Copies Of this Game Yesterday, Just Because People Were Watching Me Play it At My Shop...
I'm Telling You Guys, If You Like Survival Horror Try This Bad Boy Out, You Shouldn't Miss This One!!!
Later!;)

symposiumx
09-19-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by DOOM
I Have Been Playing For A Few Hours Now & I Have To Say That This Game Is Really Cool!
I Think The Reviews Are A Lil Harsh On This Game, It Kicks Butt!!! The Story Is Sick & Not What you Think (Youll Be Suprised).
I Just Fought The First Boss And Let Me Tell You, THIS GAME IS FrEAiNg Sick!!!
The Camra Is Typical Capcom Survival Horror, With A First Person View Mode...
I Sold 37 Copies Of this Game Yesterday, Just Because People Were Watching Me Play it At My Shop...
I'm Telling You Guys, If You Like Survival Horror Try This Bad Boy Out, You Shouldn't Miss This One!!!
Later!;)

Thanks for the impression...I'll have to check it out!

LynxFX
09-19-2003, 11:41 AM
So I take it they fixed the camera which was attrocious at E3? It was so bad that it made the game nearly unplayable.

KillerJ
09-19-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx-XBA
So I take it they fixed the camera which was attrocious at E3? It was so bad that it made the game nearly unplayable.

No, from what I hear the camera does in fact make it unplayable. Shooting enemies off screen and making calculated platform jumps with a wishy-washy camera with a mind of its own, no thanks.

LynxFX
09-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Hmm, after looking around that is the general gist that I'm hearing as well. Sounds like they did diddly squat even after the terrible complaints back in May. A shame because graphically it was really nice.

Uchiha Sasuke
09-19-2003, 12:21 PM
That Fact remains that capcom always has a bad fixed camera. Even on the early Resident Evils you were fighting some invisible enemy's. It probably still exists in Dino Crisis but so what if you can enjoy Resident Evil you can enjoy Dino Crisis.

KillerJ
09-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Oh I agree, its probably PLAYABLE but do you buy a game thats PLAYABLE or a game thats good?

DC3 came out in Japan and flopped. Now thats scary. A Capcom suvival horror game flopping in Japan... Now if thats not a sign, then what is?

The reason it supposidly failed in Japan is the camera. Since its release there they were supposed fix the issue... sadly, they didnt.

I hear its a great game other than the camera. Thing is, I like to see what I'm fighting/shooting at.;)

mattgame
09-19-2003, 01:33 PM
The game seemed pretty good on the demo except for the camera. In the opening sequence, you have to run to a door to get out only when you run towards it the camera flips and you are suddenly running the wrong way. It takes some getting used to but I don't think it was unplayable. Just a little frustrating. I think I'll rent it first.

blonks
09-19-2003, 03:14 PM
i found it extremly boring....i just shot at nothing and i supposedly killed monsters......boring stuff

l Maximus l
09-19-2003, 04:02 PM
I only played the demo on a recent OXM and I found the game to have some pretty nice visuals and effects...and even the story seemed cool...but, when it came to actually playing the game, I found it atrocious. I found the game to be a pathetically done game in regards to gameplay...what is up with the changing camera angles and stuff? I give them an "A" for presentation...it looks cool...but, a "D" for gameplay. Obviously, the gameplay really turned me off and I was only able to give the try for about 10 - 15 minutes or so. I couldn't take it anymore! lol

DIGITAL
09-19-2003, 06:50 PM
yeah the camera sucked,i would jump then the thing i was jumping on would disapper cause i was looking in a diffrent view,it allso made me dizzy:cuss:

ShannonX
09-19-2003, 06:52 PM
I'm with you on that maximus. I played the demo and had to just turn my xbox off. The camera positioning was terrible. I would be getting attacked and i could never tell where i would get hit from until they were right on top of me, leaving me no time to react. Great visuals and graphics though, and if the camera positioning had been done correctly, i might have purchased it, as it is, i wont even be renting it.

Variation-XBA
09-19-2003, 07:06 PM
Dino's in spae just doesn't do it for me, I'll pass.

Hugopolo
09-19-2003, 08:44 PM
I dont care if your fighting dinos in space its just that they have that stupid resident evil type camera err