PDA

View Full Version : X03 ShakyCam Fable Video Footage

Shadow20002
09-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Over 5 mins of Fable in exclusive action, showing the new combat system and the games wonderful visuals in full effect...

Making up for some of the disappointment of the recent X’03 event, the ever-charismatic Pete Molyneux and his team at Lionhead and Big Blue Box delivered a fantastic demonstration of ‘Fable’ in action.

The demonstration allowed us to view the combat system for the first time, an aspect that Molyneux assures us will deliver more then the button-bashing tedium usually associated in this type of game. By checking out the video footage, you’ll notice magic spells being linked with sword attacks quickly and effectively. We’re hoping that this doesn’t turn out to be the usual Molyneux hype, despite looking impressive it did seem that the player was just tapping buttons at the end of the day, however we’ll reserve judgement until we actually get to play the game ourselves.

9.68MB (.wmv)

Download Site (http://www.totalvideogames.com/?section=Read%20News&id=3943&gameid=2799&format=000005)

Chaotic
09-19-2003, 03:42 PM
This game is a must own :cheers:

thrAsher
09-19-2003, 03:58 PM
The combat system looks sweet. I'd love to see some better quality video, but this is still a nice find. I'll have to check it out again at home w/ the sound on.

l Maximus l
09-19-2003, 04:10 PM
It looks as if this game is coming along pretty well...despite me having no interest in this game. I'm just not into RPGs but it's really cool to see a lot of the XBA brethren excited about it :)

JJaX
09-19-2003, 05:50 PM
It took me a good 5 minutes to find the link to the video.

Here is the URL

http://www.totalvideogames.com/tvgadmin/content/moviedata/news/3943-1.wmv

Variation-XBA
09-19-2003, 07:19 PM
God I want this game so bad :( wish it was a HQ vid, but oh well... looks amazing so far:)

# 1 Stunner
09-19-2003, 10:42 PM
damn, good to see this game conming along well, hopefully they can get it out soon..

Nameless00
09-20-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
It looks as if this game is coming along pretty well...despite me having no interest in this game. I'm just not into RPGs but it's really cool to see a lot of the XBA brethren excited about it :)
Damn Max, you never miss an opportunity to tell us how you don't like RPGs do you?
:)

MerimacHamwich
09-20-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Nameless00

Damn Max, you never miss an opportunity to tell us how you don't like RPGs do you?
Just what I was thinking.

Nameless00
09-20-2003, 04:55 PM
Just watched and I gotta say, wow. Lookin really good.

DocHoliday78
09-20-2003, 11:08 PM
This game is gonna be rapesquad. I dont think it could ever get boring with all of the things that you could do. If only OXM had an exclusive demo..

l Maximus l
09-21-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Nameless00

lol, dudes...I know I know I know... But, I must say that the game does look nice. I don't know what it is with me and RPGs... I guess they just seem a little slow. But, one of the things I am uber impressed with Fable is how your character evolves to how you play him. It's not as if we are selecting a certain character from the get go and you have to remain that character all the way through. In this game, you start out and your character changes according to how you play the game. It seems like an immersive game and a step up for RPGs.

I felt the need to comment because I am definately impressed and hold high regards to any game that seems to step of the bar for a specific genre. Fable seems to do that.

lol, I don't think I was "too negative" on my first post of this thread! :D

DIGITAL
09-21-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
It took me a good 5 minutes to find the link to the video.

Here is the URL

http://www.totalvideogames.com/tvgadmin/content/moviedata/news/3943-1.wmv thanks ,i couldnt find the link myself, i think this is gonna be the first rpg im gonna play

Shadow20002
09-22-2003, 12:44 PM
Umm...Maximus, i got idea. I gonna tell the developer to make it playable in first-person too so you gonna get it huh ? :)

Nuclearcow
09-23-2003, 11:26 AM
This game just keeps looking better and better, I'm kinda' getting worried that it's going to be a big let down though. Only time will truly tell.