PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Approaching 1 Million UK Units

Shadow20002
09-19-2003, 02:08 PM
Xbox is set to pass the one million unit mark in the UK within the next few weeks, pushed on by a new high value retail bundle and ever-improving software range.
During private meetings with leading retailers, Microsoft revealed at its X03 event in France that a new £149 bundle featuring Halo, Midtown Madness and two months free Xbox Live access will roll out to the High Street by the beginning of next month.

Microsoft hopes that retail will continue to support existing hardware offerings through to the end of September, but clearly the trade is gearing itself up for a busy second Christmas for Xbox.

“We’re very confident about Xbox this Christmas, with a great games line-up which actually consists of more new releases than PS2,” head of UK Xbox Chris Lewis told MCV.

Source@ (http://www.mcvuk.com/html/news/story.jsp?newsId=649862)

Duke
09-19-2003, 02:18 PM
Sounds good. I have noticed an increase in European players on live lately (which I think is at 50k over there)

Unfortunately, most of the ones I have on my FL seem to rarely play anymore.

I think Shadow's looking to overtake Brevity as official news whore :)

Knight
09-20-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Xbox is set to pass the one million unit mark in the UK within the next few weeks, pushed on by a new high value retail bundle and ever-improving software range.

Do you have the numbers for Europe?

Shadow20002
09-22-2003, 11:02 AM
Sorry, i gonna get it if i can. :p

Knight
09-22-2003, 11:15 AM
What % of Europe sales in made up of the UK sales %?