PDA

View Full Version : Colin McRae 04 - My Review

adzmullz1
09-19-2003, 05:22 PM
Yes, Colin McRae 04 was released here in the U.K today, so i was up at 6am and outside my local Game shop bright and early. After reading in OXM just how much better this game was than it's predocessor, i decided to part with my well earned cash.......again!.
And, as usual, OXM does not lie. CM04 is indeed a superior upgrade of CM03 due to TWO main improvements. These are :

1) GRAPHICS - If you thought CM03 was superior in the graphics department, then you were wrong !! (technically, you were'nt wrong, but it sounds good) . CM04's graphics are basically.........REAL. I watch The WRC (World Rally Championships) on Eurosport and i HONESTLY can't tell the difference between them. Possibly the best graphics yet on Xbox.....

2) HANDLING - If you remember WAY back to the last time you played CM03, you will no doubt remember the EXTREMLY ARCADEY feel to the handling. You could wipp the áss of that car back and fore across the tracks like a pig with dynamite up it's butt............CM04 is different, much different. By the way , when i say different i of course mean (see GRAPHICS).......................REAL. As i driver myself , i could "feel" the car i was driving in CM04............ Ultra-real handling is all good!

Other new features include ; Firstly , the most annoying thing from CM03 has gone. YES !, i'm of course talking about the fact that in 'Championship' mode you could only drive as MCRAE and only in his FORD FOCUS. Now, you create yourself and drive whatever the hell car you want !!!!!!! (woo, and might i add , hoo!).
Secondly, are the inclusion of classic cars. This might sound cheesy and boring, but those oldies could REALLY burn a mark on a track. Remember , back in "The Day" they used to drive those things until the car (literally) caught fire.........the same happens here!

I won't spoil anything else for you guys. Just be warned........this is THE MOST REALISTIC GAME EVER MADE. APPROACH WITH CAUTION.

Any questions ?........lets have them!!!,

Adam Ross

BigJosh359
09-19-2003, 09:35 PM
I thought Mcrae 3 was awesome. Better than Rallisport Challenge.

I'm really looking forward to this game, thanks for the mini review from the UK.

adzmullz1
09-20-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Josh-XBA
I thought Mcrae 3 was awesome. Better than Rallisport Challenge.

I'm really looking forward to this game, thanks for the mini review from the UK.

Not a problem. Anything else anybody wants to know , lets have it!!

hachirokku
09-30-2003, 10:47 PM
Hey, thanks for the early review on CMR4. I was wondering if the multiplayer aspect is the same as CMR3, where you don't get to interact w/ the other 3 players. Also, how is the replay system?

adzmullz1
10-01-2003, 05:35 AM
hey hachirokku, no problem about the review. As to what you want to know, here we go :

Replays : The Replays are EXCELLENT. Slightly reminiscent of the Burnout 2 replays. Cameras set at different locations around the track simply follow the car that you have driven, showing every knock , every corner and every power-slide. Again i say : EXCELLENT replays !.

Multi-player : Multi-player has slightly improved from CM03 . Where as i the last game there was zero interaction with the people you raced against, in CM04 , there is still no "interaction" (you just wanna ram people off the roads don't ya !:eek: ), but there are "ghost" versions of your fellow racers. This way, you can see where they are , how far ahead or behind they are, but you can't touch 'em :mad: .

There we go, any more questions, just ask !