PDA

View Full Version : The quality of the dvd player in the xbox?

yipy
06-22-2001, 01:21 PM
I'm wondering if the dvd player in the xbox will be very good quality, if heard the ps2 dvd player looks bad on bigger tv's. I have a 52 inch tv and I have borrowed a freinds dvd player and it too doesn't look that great on my big tv. So I'm wondering if it is this becuase of the large tv or the quality of the dvd player? Anyone got some input about this matter?

Cyrus
06-22-2001, 01:49 PM
It should be the player that is the problem.DVD movies are stored digitally and therefore has better quality of the video.
A VHS video looses some quality over big screens and I dont see why DVDs shouldn`t, but since the quality of a DVD is so good I dont see how this should be noticable.
The DVD-players task is to decode and run the DVD, and I should think that the better player is, the better decoding capabilities it will have. I hope the DVD-player included in xbox is a good DVD-player!

yipy
06-22-2001, 02:59 PM
Yea me too, this is one main reason I'm considering the xbox becuase I want a dvd player. But I would like a top quality dvd player, so I thought I would wait and get an xbox since it had a dvd player, and was going to be the next gen gaming console. I hope someone will drop buy and give me some more info on the dvd player that is in the xbox

omz007
06-22-2001, 11:37 PM
I like my PS2 DVD player. I haven't had any problems yet. The Xbox DVD player is way better because of something called Pro-Scanning. Can't wait to try it.

Cyrus
06-23-2001, 09:50 AM
Omz007 are U rich or something?!
U have PS2 and are going to buy xbox too? U lucky bastard!
Ehh.. I live in Europe, Norway and here everything is so darn expencive! I HATE EUROPE !!!!

TO ANY LEADERS OF http://www.XBOXADDICT.COM :

Can I get a job at this genious site? Like being a rewiever or something? pleas mail me!

vash the stampede
06-24-2001, 10:34 AM
Well, DVD quality also requires a high read speed. The PS2 has a x4, which is okay. The x-box has got a x5, which is better, not top of the line, but it's better. If you use s-cables, the quality will be far higher than a VHS.

DeathKnightMaF
06-24-2001, 11:51 AM
The DVD drive in the Xbox should be of very high quality. IIRC it is made by Panasonic. It supports progressive scan so you can have top notch picture quality.