PDA

View Full Version : Nfl 2k2/nba 2k2

Durden-XBA
12-20-2001, 07:28 PM
This is a 2 part question... I rented Fever, and really enjoyed it... I like the faster gameplay, graphics and overall feel of it. Rented Madden, thought it was too slow moving, I don't really care about the realism that much- Otherwise I'd still be playing REAL football to this day. Anyways, my question is this:

I've never played NFL 2K2 on Playstation, but I hear it's great, can someone breakdown 2K2 and its similarities and differences when compared to Fever?

Also, I won't even try NBA Live based on what I've heard, so what do you all think of NBA ID vs. 2K2... I tried 2K1 on DC, and wasn't alltogether that impressed, was there a pretty substantial upgrade in this year's PS version?

I'll end up buying one game from each genre, so whatever input you guys have, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. That's it.

kazual
12-23-2001, 03:04 PM
I would also be interested in this, I know I want a football game for my xbox but I am narrowing it down between Fever and NFL 2k2, because I have heard that NFL 2k series was the best football games out..

thanks

Brogium
12-26-2001, 03:51 PM
I haven't played NFL Fever so unfortuantely I will not be too big of a help for you two. What I do know is NFL2k2 is a really great mix of realism and arcade. The gameplay is fast, unlike Madden yet all the player motions and moves seem so realistic. It is also easy to control. I can assure you the announcers have the most lines out of any football game and the best ones that actually seem like a real game (until you do franchise and hear them over and over ;) ). There are also some nice stats. I can't find anything wrong with 2k2 and I know I didn't compare it to Fever but you just can't go wrong with 2k2 if you do not like Madden.

Zach

Ninja Scroll
12-27-2001, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by kazual
I would also be interested in this, I know I want a football game for my xbox but I am narrowing it down between Fever and NFL 2k2, because I have heard that NFL 2k series was the best football games out..

thanks

Hey guys, I personally think you should wait for the Sega Sports NFL2K2 version on the Xbox. It wont be a port either. It will get a graphical upgrade as well as updated rosters.
I played Fever and it was alright. I know many people in this forum who just drool over Fever, and I can respect that. But I own the NFL 2K2 Dreamcast version and it is the best pigskins game I have ever owned or played.
Either way is cool, but I lean strongly with Sega Sports NFL2K2.

As far as NBA Live vs. NBA 2K2! Well their is no contest. Instead of hearingthis Ninja boost up this classic NBA title just link to this page from videogames.com
They not only gave it sports game of the year but said that it was the best b-ball game of all times as well as the perfect AS perfect a sports a game is to date:cool:
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/features/video/bestof_2001/p3_12.html

i_dunno
01-02-2002, 06:19 PM
whens NBA 2k2 coming out for X-Box?

Ninja Scroll
01-02-2002, 06:36 PM
well my friend, according to ebgames.com (very reliable) NFL 2K2 is due on 1/15/02 (that's the shipping date, games are normally in stores for sale the next day or the day after) & NBA 2K2 on Xbox is due,........ 3/15/02!

That's a long time from now yo. If I were you I would jsut wait until NBA2K3 in the fall of this same year for Xbox.
But if you got a craving for b-balling then wait for 2K2 and knock yourself out :D
Im personally gonna wait since I already own the Dreamcast version. It's a classic!