PDA

View Full Version : KOTOR Dead End: My Own Fault

selowitch
09-21-2003, 11:07 PM
I managed to save a game (about 20 hours) in at a very unfortunate spot that put me in a no-win situation.

I was inside the Sith bath on Manaan with Canderous and Jolee. Unfortunately, none of us had any points in Security, and since we couldn't unlock the door just before the dormitory where we find the Selkath apprentices, we were completely stuck. There was no way to get out of the base without being tried and executed.

Drat. Gotta start all over again.

RudedogX
09-22-2003, 07:42 AM
Why would you have to start over just because of that? It's not a task that has to be completed anyway. If you got the droid stuff, you're good to go.

selowitch
09-22-2003, 08:20 AM
The Selkath will arrest and execute me whenever I eventually leave the base. I don't see a way around that.

RudedogX
09-22-2003, 09:49 AM
It's been a while since I've been there. I think there's a point when you say that you were there to investigate the selkath children disappearance. I think there is a datapad in the main area that you get that you can use for some level of evidence. Also, you don't need security to go through that one area. You can simply run through that steam in the one room. At the end there is a computer terminal, but you have to do it fast and have enough health. From there, turn off the gas and you can turn off the shields in front of those two attack droids. After that you're in that area. Also, you may want to run through the gas solo.

selowitch
09-22-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
I think there's a point when you say that you were there to investigate the selkath children disappearance. I think there is a datapad in the main area that you get that you can use for some level of evidence.

Yeah, I know about that, but in this particular game I forgot to speak to the Selkath who initiates that particular mission. I think that's part of the reason why I got stuck.

Also, you don't need security to go through that one area. You can simply run through that steam in the one room. At the end there is a computer terminal, but you have to do it fast and have enough health. From there, turn off the gas and you can turn off the shields in front of those two attack droids. After that you're in that area. Also, you may want to run through the gas solo.

That appears to be a necessary, but not sufficient, condition for getting out and surviving at trial. The door before the four small rooms will still not open under those conditions and I still get executed upon leaving, even though I have the droid part.

Anyway, I've deleted the game and started over, so nothing I can do about it now.

RudedogX
09-22-2003, 10:14 AM
Oh well.:confused:

I thought you've played through this before also.:watchout: Go figure. Good luck next time through anyway.:cheers:

selowitch
09-22-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by rudedogX
Oh well.:confused:
I thought you've played through this before also.:watchout: Go figure. Good luck next time through anyway.:cheers:

No, I had indeed played through before (twice!) and I knew how to do it. I just was rushing a little bit and forgot to be methodical. I had played twice as a saintly berobed philosopher of the light and wanted to try being a darkly villianous psychopath for a change.

RudedogX
09-22-2003, 10:26 AM
Haha, well enjoy!:rofl:

kenji
09-22-2003, 07:06 PM
That sucks. I just did that for my evil character and it was my third world too. So I had to start over. I feel your pain.:cry:

selowitch
09-22-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by kenji
That sucks. I just did that for my evil character and it was my third world too. So I had to start over. I feel your pain.:cry:

Oh, well. Doing the whole thing over again is a mite tiresome, at least if you do so immediately. But there are certainly worse things that could happen in life. :D

SlightlySycho
09-22-2003, 09:03 PM
Did you try using a security spike or security tunneler on the door? I think most people always forget about those things.

selowitch
09-22-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
Did you try using a security spike or security tunneler on the door? I think most people always forget about those things.

Well, no -- but I think it would have required at least one of my party members having at least one point of the Security skill, which we didn't. Pretty dumb, I know.

CarGuy
09-23-2003, 10:41 AM
Maybe i should've read the whole post, but you can talk yourself out of the trial...
Go here and do a search. http://www.bioware.com/games/knights_old_republic/

selowitch
09-23-2003, 11:04 AM
I'm fairly certain that you can talk yourself out of the trial if and only if you find the Selkath Sith apprentices. Otherwise you're dead meat; no matter what, they "try you and fry you."

RudedogX
09-23-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by selowitch
I'm fairly certain that you can talk yourself out of the trial if and only if you find the Selkath Sith apprentices. Otherwise you're dead meat; no matter what, they "try you and fry you."
Nah, I never found them my first time through and got away with some response. I can't remember it at this time since it was about 3 months ago, but oh well.

Doom3_
09-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Well I know how you fell. I killed that cat lady and erassed all other saves. :(

CarGuy
09-23-2003, 07:25 PM
fine, i'll do the work for you...

"1) Don't let the Selkath lawyer defend you; he is incompetent and will get you executed.

2) If you were able to access the training annex in the Sith embassy, then you should have either found a token on a dead Selkath youth or a datapad in the Master's chambers. Offer either of those to the judges and you'll be acquitted.

3) Alternately, lie and say you were lured inside and then attacked when you refused to join the Sith.

Cheers!"

selowitch
09-24-2003, 10:51 AM
Good enough. Thanks! It's moot now anyway -- I've wiped out my old games and started fresh with a new character at this point. Next time I'll keep that in mind.