PDA

View Full Version : My first Dirty Disc Error

Kortiz
09-22-2003, 02:35 AM
Well, It finally happened. I had my first DDE tonight with ESPN NFL2k4 tonight......2 times in a row it happened.

You guys think I can use this problem as a way to use my 2 year warranty with Bestbuy? I really wouldn't mind keeping this if I knew this wouldn't become a constant problem. Otherwise, I'd like to just trade it in for another one while my warranty is still good.

Kraft
09-22-2003, 02:44 AM
Hell yeah use that warranty. At the very least they will clean out your xbox and tweak your dvd drive. If you are lucky the drive is shot and they will have to replace it for you with a new one.

BTW, mods have been instructed to instant-delete sigs that aren't within the sig limits. If your sig disappeared then chances are it was too tall or too wide... or possibly too massive.

Kortiz
09-22-2003, 03:02 AM
edit: i could have sworn that was deleted too.

Okay, next weekend if I continue to get DDE's I'll take it up there and see if I can get a new one.

DIGITAL
09-22-2003, 03:21 AM
dont stress it ,ive actually have gotten the scary flashing red light ,an a screen saying my xbox is broken ,but after i turned it off an back on again everything worked fine,ive allso had my xbox since Novemer 15 2001

Shadow20002
09-22-2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
dont stress it ,ive actually have gotten the scary flashing red light ,an a screen saying my xbox is broken ,but after i turned it off an back on again everything worked fine,ive allso had my xbox since Novemer 15 2001

It's just because you played it soo much. :p

Voodoo_Vince
09-22-2003, 05:54 PM
Get a Discwasher Brand DVD/CD lens cleaner a Wet/dry combo and your DDE's will go away , thats all they are going to do when you take it in ,

Kortiz
09-22-2003, 06:31 PM
well, i messed around today and tried all my games......all 5 of them WUWU!

and it seems that the problem is with ESPN.

it was giving me problems for about 3 minutes today......ESPN i mean and then it finally worked.......once it starts up it plays great......Tomorrow I am going to take this copy back and exchange it for another.

l Maximus l
09-22-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Fosho

it was giving me problems for about 3 minutes today......ESPN i mean and then it finally worked.......once it starts up it plays great......Tomorrow I am going to take this copy back and exchange it for another.

That's what I would do..good call. It must be the game, not your XBox. If you exchanged your XBox, you would likely not keep all of your game saves, which would suck.

Kortiz
09-22-2003, 09:15 PM
i never thought about my gamesaves....in the end though, 180bucks always wins over saving the saved games.

hopefully when i exchange the game tomorrow it will be fixed.

DocHoliday78
09-22-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Fosho

cough *boiling method*

Now where is Jerred.....

CarGuy
09-23-2003, 07:22 AM
I get the same problem with ESPN.. frequently. Only this game and MGS2 are giving me problems lately. sucks.