PDA

View Full Version : Max Payne Errors

Toonz
12-20-2001, 10:41 PM
I was on chapter 5 and I noticed almost all the boxes and small ground objects have no collision detection and you can walk right through. A big oversight in my opinion this should have not gotten through to the final product. Tis a great game but tis also a great big mistake IMO. Anyone else notice this ?

gtaplayer
12-22-2001, 11:30 PM
lol im an idiot...what does imo mean

Rancey
12-22-2001, 11:37 PM
In my opinion.

Supperdog
12-25-2001, 07:25 PM
hmm chapter 5 in what part?

Toonz
12-26-2001, 12:27 AM
A large portion of the level actually. There are quite a few parts of the game where you can walk through the small objects ont he ground. I have played it through on the first 2 difficulties thus far and its the only Flaw in the game. Otherwise this game gets a 10/10

VAN
12-26-2001, 07:24 AM
I found a bigger flaw. :)

On the very first level (Max's House) there is a corner where you can open both a dresser drawer as well as a cabinet door. Somehow I got Max stuck between the 2 doors and he would NOT get out. I f*cked with shooting, jumping, rolling, ducking, etc. for at least 15 minutes and he was not budging. I had to re-set the console and begin again.

I completed the game last night and from memory, I don't recall seeing your "box glitch". I'll keep my eyes open next time I play through.

Supperdog
12-26-2001, 08:55 AM
Hmm this is interesting. But still, its a great game!

Toonz
12-26-2001, 10:17 AM
Both times I played through chapter 5 thus far when I amke my way up the building and enter the side rooms with lotsa shelfs in them I walk right through many of the boxes. I tried VAN's flaw and managed to get it to work as well :^( Last night I was walking across the blood path maze part where the screen is pitch black and as soon as i fell I managed to quick save and everytime the game started I was in mid air falling lol. It did this about 20x before it reset me to the begining where the open door was.