PDA

View Full Version : Seaman

JeremyX
12-20-2001, 10:42 PM
Anyone else play the original one on the Dreamcast. I love this game, I mean it had Lenard Nimoy doing the commentary. I am so stoked about Xbox getting Seaman online. Can you imagine all those smart aleck seamem online. Hopefully It'll take advantage of the headset.

Hugh_Jass
12-21-2001, 08:18 AM
I hadn't heard this title was coming to XBOX. I always this this game sounded interesting.

XBOX Dude
12-21-2001, 08:32 AM
how do you play seaman online? and it was great for the dreamcast.

JeremyX
12-22-2001, 11:57 PM
I don't know, but can you imagine breeding your Seaman online!? Man, if you thought the first one was odd! How about flinging your poo at other Seaman!? Ahhhh, I want it now.

Frostberg
12-23-2001, 05:52 PM
Fill the rest of us what Seaman is? The only thing I have ever seen is in a magazine where there was a mic card or something in the DC controller and little sperm things running around the screen...

1337h4x
12-23-2001, 07:21 PM
thats all it is....

monkeyman
12-23-2001, 09:54 PM
it was fun for dc but i didnt know they were getting it for x-box

Frostberg
12-23-2001, 10:46 PM
WTF IS IT??

1337h4x
12-24-2001, 08:45 AM
a sperm thing that swims and talks, no point whatsoever....

Brian
12-24-2001, 08:48 AM
I never did get a chance to play this game, is it any good? What's the point of it? (just bored & wondering) :p

Frostberg
12-24-2001, 12:49 PM
okkk why is it fun? If theres no point in the game...umm you just look at sperm travel around...yeahhh what a waste of $50!

JeremyX
12-24-2001, 04:42 PM
Well here's the thing. You really couldn't call it a game, in all actuallity it's more of a sim pet on crack. Basiclly you raise this tiny egg to a full grown Seaman that's basiclly a frog with a human head. You have to talk to these ill temperd things to try to make them like you and grow a larger vocabulary. When they are first born they only make baby noises like gu-gu ga-ga, then thier voices start to change and they now start saying the words you thaught them. I had 9 in my tank and they started to kill eachother off once they ran out of room. The prey would yell things like, "save me jebus!" and "Dieing tickles". Tooken straight out of the simpsons. They mate, fling poo on the glass and ask wierd questions. You can tell them anything through the microphone, give them names, pick them up, smack them, tickle them, even kill them. It's just one wierd game.......er....sim that has to be played to apreciate. It will have you so attached to these freaky looking things that you'll start to question your sanity.

Frostberg, If youv'e only seen a magazine ad, who the hell are you to call it a waist of money? You'd have to be pretty stupid if you're going to judge a game by it's ad. First play it, then say whatever the hell you want about it.

Frostberg
12-24-2001, 09:17 PM
Well I was trying to ask WTF it was...as you can see in my previous posts. If you would also read what other people said you would see why I was confused! It still sounds like a waste of money though considering all the much better games out there..

JeremyX
12-24-2001, 11:17 PM
I know that you said WTF, that's how I knew you know nothing about the game and shouldn't have called it a waist of money. If your'e going to make a judgment on 1337h4x's one line statement, "a sperm thing that swims and talks, no point whatsoever....", then your'e a dumb ass. You don't even know if he played the game! For one, they only look like little sperm for about the first 2 hours. What about Monkeyman? He thought it was a fun game or maybe you didn't read what other people said. Frostberg, remind me not to trust any of your reviews, I want to make sure the person has played the game before calling it a waist of money.

Frostberg
12-25-2001, 08:50 AM
Ok well I dont think that raising sperm that have human heads that you can talk to sounds fun to me, so its a waste of money for ME, not for you. IMO there are better games out there, and on MY list you wont see seaman

JeremyX
12-25-2001, 02:08 PM
ign's review of Seaman (http://dreamcast.ign.com/reviews/14720.html)

They thought it was good.

Frostberg
12-25-2001, 02:59 PM
Well im sure in august 8th 2000 it might of been a good game. Im talking about now there are better games to buy. Id rather have Project Ego, Medal of Honor: Allied Assult, Brute Force, Battlefield 1942, Wreckless, Elder Scrolls III, MGSX and so on I dont see how seaman will be worth the money. I think the fad of having "creatures" has wore out. Can you say "Pogs'?

Whisper
12-25-2001, 03:45 PM
lol, read that whole review in full, you will pI$$ your pants oh my god thats funny... i will buy that game in an instant

It was at the exact instance where the thermostat fell below 20 degrees that the Seaman began to throb and grow. Suddenly, I felt a little ashamed. Partially because I have just used the words "throb", "grow", and "seaman" all in one sentence

ok... doesnt that make you want to keel over laughing...

JeremyX
12-25-2001, 06:58 PM
Frostberg

You're knocking a game that everyone says they've etheir enjoyed or are intrested in and you haven't even played it. You need to take that stick out of your ass and play it. Then you can call it the worst game ever made and I wouldn't give a rats ass because that's your opinion. Nooooo, I didn't know that there are better games coming out on the Xbox.(you stupid $hit) Why you think seman is a fad, bewilders me. In order for it to be a fad it would have had to be very popular with the uninformed public(you). And no it's nothing like those key chain giga pet things that you're eluding to. But then again you wouldn't know that becuase YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GAME!!! In fact this was probably the first review you've seen for the game. I swear you're an ignorant little boy.

wwfraven2k

That's some funny stuff! The game is full of twisted humor like that. I hope the new one will be a little bit more adult. I can't wait to go online with this thing.

Frostberg
12-25-2001, 07:12 PM
Well thats my opinion, like I already said! I dont care one bit if you love your little seaman. I just dont find fun in taking care of a little sperrm looking thing with a head that gets eaten and does things while you sit there and look at it for hours. Dont cry about it now. Im sorry if you love it to death and I dont. Sounds a lot like the things I was reffering to. Ity starts out as a little sperm thing, grows up...lives for a little while and eventually dies. I didnt call it the worst game ever either. If you are looking for that go look at "extreme paintbrawl". I just said it isint fworth the money TO ME because there are better games than taking care of a virtual pet/person thing. I guess you didnt read my previous post where i capitalized things like MY and ME because I hoped they would bring to your attention that it is MY opinion and that maybe you love seaman. I dont care. I can look at a game and read about it and tell if I like it. This doesnt even break into my "shell" of games I like. I dont want to raise a silly creature thing. If its so popular and great Im sure any one of my DC friends would of talked about it and Im sure I would of known. We all made fun of it and were cracking jokes about it when we saw the silly tadpole with a goofy face. Yeahhh thats not for me

Whisper
12-25-2001, 10:08 PM
just to set the record,,, im not criticizing your minireview of the game frost, it wasnt me at all, you are right, it probly does suck, but its a dam good game if they can get it out cheap (not likely to happen)... i dont see a point in going online with it, but whatever screwed up things Billy Gates wants to do he does... with all his darn money...

JeremyX
12-26-2001, 02:04 PM
Ya, that was a in-depth review he gave. No really, I wish all game mag's and internet game sites could give reviews like frostberg. You're a genius! Everyone should agree with your expertise on the matter, since you know sooo much about the game.

l Maximus l
12-26-2001, 02:11 PM
Seaman? I'd rather play in the sac with my wife :D

Frostberg
12-26-2001, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by JeremyX
Ya, that was a in-depth review he gave. No really, I wish all game mag's and internet game sites could give reviews like frostberg. You're a genius! Everyone should agree with your expertise on the matter, since you know sooo much about the game.

You are the biggest dumbass! Maybe thats heyyoudvd, but still. Did I ever "review" anything about the game? I just said it doesnt sound fun to me. I keep telling you over and over again that it was MY OPINION that I dont like to raise your silly pets. That isint fun to me. I said numerous times that i dont like to do that. I never did a review or a minireview because i didnt play it you moron. I simply said from what I have seen and read about it, it doesnt seem fun to me, and isint my kind of game. THIS IS MY OPINION. Im not 10 either, im sure your precious Seaman will come out for your GC...Im sure some little kids like yourself might like to raise little tadpole people...I dont enjoy that. I would rather kill things. I dont like Seaman. You do. I dont care, the only thing I care about is people like you who twist things around and things like that. I said I never played it, because I DONT WANT TO, BECAUSE IT DOESNT APPEAL TO ME! If you dont like something, are you going to buy it?? NO! Im definently not going to play it either. It started out where I was asking you what it was, and you never answered me and then you blew up because I called it a waste of money. IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY TO ME! I must of said that 4 times but you seem to just cry more and more. I read IGNs review and it didnt really that good of a score, and it still doesnt sound fun. It obviously wasnt that popular either, so Im not the only person in the world that doesnt like it.

l Maximus l
12-26-2001, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg

You are the biggest dumbass! Maybe thats heyyoudvd, but still. Did I ever "review"y anything about the game? I just said it doesnt sound fun to me. I keep telling you over and over again that it was MY OPINION that I dont like to raide your silly pets. That isint fun to me. I said numerous times that i dont like to do that. I never did a review or a minireview because i didnt play it you moron. I simplay said from what I have seen and read about it, it doesnt seem fun. THIS IS MY OPINION. Im sure some little kids like yourself might like to raise little tadpole people...I dont enjoy that. I would rather kill things. I dont like Seaman. You do. I dont care, the only think I care about is people like you who twist things around and things like that. I said I never played it, because I DONT WANT TO BECAUSE IT DOESNT APPEAL TO ME! If you dont like something, are you going to buy it? NO! Im definently not going to play it either. It started out where I was asking you what it was, and you never answered me and then you blew up because I called it a waste of money. IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY TO ME! I must of said that 4 times but you seem to just cry more and more. I read IGNs review and it didnt really that good of a score, and it still doesnt sound fun. It obviously wasnt that popular either, so Im not the only person in the world that doesnt like it.

I'm with Frostberg on this one, dudes... IN MY OPINION! :D I wonder if that was clear :confused: :p

Personally, I'm surprised that there is even a game like this! lol...just the idea of this game makes me feel like vomitting! lol... If I want some action, I just go and kiss my wife and then it starts from there :D

Hugh_Jass
12-26-2001, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Seaman? I'd rather play in the sac with my wife :D

I'd rather play in the sack with your wife, too, but this game still sounds interesting. :D

l Maximus l
12-26-2001, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

I'd rather play in the sack with your wife, too, but this game still sounds interesting. :D

LOL....it must be fun dreaming :D

JeremyX
12-27-2001, 01:01 AM
Ya, I was out of line. I just get excited sometimes. But no, I'm not 10, I'm 19. And yes I also own a GC. I have money to waist and I wanted to play Rouge Leader and Super Smash Brothers. I just wish more people would have played this game. I used my friends copy and I got hooked. I then bought my own.

And Maximus, I'd rather play in the sack with my wife too, but I'm not married. But ya, it does sound a heck of a lot better than playing seaman, or any video game for that matter.

frostberg, sorry for the harsh comments. Won't happen again.

dronezero
12-28-2001, 03:16 PM
I own the gem and find it if nothing else interesting. The game is the funniest games I have ever played. The fish grows into the biggest smartass on the face of the planet. The thing would responed humerously to anything that you said. In my opinion it is original games like Seaman that set consules apart from the rest. The Dreamcast is my favorite system due to the fact that it is the only place to get such inovative titles. Granted this is not a game that you sit down and play for hours on end, but that is not what it is meant to be. It is meant to be a light harted game to occasionaly amuse yourself and your friends. The only down side I see to the game is that I simply don't have the time to keep the poor b.astard alive.

JeremyX
12-28-2001, 04:34 PM
Didn't they free abu-jamal?

xBoXGaMeR2002
12-28-2001, 04:38 PM
sure, why not?

Frostberg
12-28-2001, 06:00 PM
I think that like a judge denied execution for him, but I think he got life in prison...

dronezero
12-28-2001, 09:21 PM
Yes, the judge overturned the death penalty.

JeremyX
12-30-2001, 12:51 AM
So.... what's he acused for anyways?

dronezero
01-04-2002, 10:33 PM
Killing a cop. Some really screwy things happened at the trial though.

TheIngenious
01-04-2002, 10:48 PM
Where did you hear Seaman was coming to the Xbox?