PDA

View Full Version : Best fighting game???

yrat_
09-22-2003, 11:23 AM
So can anyone tell me, what is the best fighting game ever??
Some like soul calibur2, some like Tao Feng:Fist of the Lotus, and there is Mortal Combat and Dead or Alive.

I`m going to buy one of the games, but I can`t decide!

Help...:confused:

Shadow20002
09-22-2003, 03:27 PM
Except Tao Feng, they are all good. Soul Calibur 2 have the highest replay value along with Mortal Kombat: DA. ;)

The Jackal
09-22-2003, 03:37 PM
best ever... none are the best that are on xbox... but on xbox, capcom vs snk2.... others are good but lack live so it gets old playin computer and brother

edit: forgot DOA is goin live... but still capcom cause i like 2D more

shapoopy
09-22-2003, 04:08 PM
whats wrong with tao feng ? it's good but get doa3 or sc2

kaizersose86
09-22-2003, 05:49 PM
I would say soul caliber 2 is the best out right now i think they kinda killed mortal combat i like old mortal combat better but hey thats me

later!:D

yrat_
09-23-2003, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the replys guys! :D
Soul Calibur has just been released in Norway so i think I`m going for that. :cheers:

MasterToki
10-12-2003, 01:33 PM
Well, SC2 is the best. DOA3 is in second place for me. I recognize DOA3 has less replay value than MKDA but it has a fighting systema more serious, balanced 'n dinamic than MK.

Then Tao Feng in third place; most innovative. Awesome combos, characters 'n stage, good music...

Well i confess i'm really disapointed with MKDA... I don't like its fighting system.

spectre187
10-13-2003, 10:32 PM
backyard wrestling...

bulls27
10-25-2003, 09:32 PM
I just picked up MK: DA this game is so great, only bad part is how the game will back you into the wall and not let you get up if you start to whoop it.

Hellbringer
10-26-2003, 01:16 PM
I heard that "RARE" is working on a new Killer INstinct for xbox.Is this true?plz say yes,cause killer instinct is one of the best ever.:D

Liquid Gears
10-26-2003, 04:12 PM
Well the best fighters aren't on XBox, that's for sure.

The way I look at it, The Arcades or the Dreamcast is the Master Console when it comes down to picking the best fighters.

Street Fighter III: Third Strike is by the best fighter

But that's me.

I'm not much into the 3D Fighters. Too slow.

solifer
10-29-2003, 06:55 AM
The best fighting game on xbox, I would say it`s soul calibur 2...

Dead or Alive 3 is also a very good fighting game, but the system with the "half pressed buttons" realy sucks... imo

And Tao Feng I playd just a short time, so I can't say something about it...

solifer greets

MoNeY
11-01-2003, 12:44 PM
I would probably go with SC2... It seems like that would be the best choice out of the 4

XcessKills
11-04-2003, 09:11 AM
All the games you questioned about are good fighting games... Everyone in the fighting arena will have different opinions on which one is the best game out there... If you ask me I like them all, but here's the strongest points for each game:

DOA3: Best graphics
Tao Feng: Best Combos
MKDA: Best Character Selection
Soul Calibur 2: Best Gameplay

For the guy that said Capcom vs SNK is the best, I would say that he is stuck in the past. 2D games were awesome at the arcades in the nineties, fights were epic and lighting fast, the tournaments for Street Figther, MK Series and Killer Instinct were the best of the breed... but let's face it in the new millenium 3D games will rule, and 2D are doomed to extinction...

My 2 cents...

XcessKills

The Jackal
11-04-2003, 03:05 PM
yeah even though at one of the biggest fighting tournaments in North America, Evolution, the main attractions are Street Fighter: 3rd Strike, Guilty Gear X, Marvel vs Capcom 2, and Capcom vs SNK 2.... ALL 2-D... then trailin behind but nobody cares much is Soul Calibur 2, Tekken series, and Virtua Fighter 4..... hmmm so all those top fighters and hardcore gamers who know fighting games say 2-D is the sh*t... they all must be livin in the past eh :cheers:

XcessKills
11-04-2003, 06:48 PM
Hey Jackal.. you are right in one thing... All those 2D fighting games you mentioned KICK ASS on the Arcade Scene, and after the emotion of fighting games has always been playing them at the arcades and not in consoles... I try to see them as two different breeds...

Of course 2D games are still #1 at the arcades, but the original question was on console fighting games, and for this I must say that 3D will dominate in the years to come (I did not say that they are ruling now, I said that they will do in the future)...

And as for the hardcore players out there in those tournaments, I bet you more than half are more than 25 years old and started playing back in the days when SF2 was the one and only king of the fighting games.. and of course they sort of live in the past (I know I do...) when then respect the Street Fighter series as being the ORIGINAL, the one that started it all !!!

Cheers

XcessKills

The Jackal
11-04-2003, 11:05 PM
AHA! but youre wrong... the original question was

Originally posted by yrat_
So can anyone tell me, what is the best fighting game ever??

not what the best console game is... he only mentioned xbox games cause it's probably all he knows... i looked at the more broad picture of all fighters out there :D

iloveRPGs
11-09-2003, 06:35 PM
Soul Calibur 2 is easily the best on Xbox for me:D

Gators2001
11-16-2003, 08:02 PM
my vote is for SC2!

adillon
11-20-2003, 05:50 AM
i just bought tao feng for $20 ... so it's my fave atm. ;)

Luke007
11-22-2003, 08:03 PM
does anyone still play DoA? I mean MK is the best fighting game...esp since its not all hand to hand combat

RagunCajun
11-25-2003, 03:58 PM
I own MKDA, and its an alright game. I lost instrest fast in it. Street fighter ummm something vs something, i forget. It is for the xbox for sure i know. The game owns. I am geting it soon. As for as the Teo fing or fist of lotus w/e game. I dont like it. Go watch the review on tech tv's xplay and watch the review. Its horrible. Only game i ever liked with combos are KILL INSTINCT. MK went to combos and i hated it. I dont like having combos that cant be broken.....KI had this down pack. Street fight isnt all hand to hand. I always see people doing special moves every chance they get. But thats what i like about it.

gerbil
12-14-2003, 02:37 AM
kill instinct was an awesome game ...

but i still love my TEKKEN ...

:D

Generation X
12-14-2003, 11:49 AM
MK i think is the best. From its begining for sega and snes i still think its the best fighting game ever.:D

Sexaya
12-14-2003, 12:40 PM
I own DOA3, and I played a little SC2. Let me just say that, I'm buying SC2 no doubt, well... I've already ordered it but nevermind that. Dead or Alive 3 was a grrrreat game while it lasted. I've finished it with all the characters and I must say it's a bit too easy :\ except for that final boss. He's a cheating mofo. But when you finish it and unlock the only unlockable character who's basically just a clone and has no special moves the game is over. Playing it with friends is terrific fun, and owning their asses 12:0 is even better.

All in all, I'd take SC2 without a shadow of a doubt... But DOA3 also has some nice pointes. I guess it's up to you, graphics or replay value? If you've got some sense, you'll take the latter :).

Good luck!

RagunCajun
12-21-2003, 01:28 AM
I never got into tekken. Yall think i should get tekken 4 for like $15? I seen it used for that cheap at the local game store.

BoundBruiser
01-17-2004, 05:50 PM
I like Tao Feng its pretty good, but I really played anything else beside Mortal Combat

Max33
02-09-2004, 09:55 PM
Best fighting games ever? Mortal Kombat Trillogy for the N64 for fast, rock-scissors-paper beat downs and any of the latter Streetfighters for charecter variety,unlockables,and replay value.But the true value in any fighting game is discoverd when you party with your buddies,talk smack & hand out some beat downs. Remember pass to the left.:cheers:

super_ryu
02-15-2004, 04:24 PM
probably DOA or Calibur

blazenko
02-15-2004, 04:42 PM
doa 3 then doa ultimate.... nothing else!:argue1: :D

Hard Boiled Cop
02-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Couldn't agree with you more.

m4oH
03-04-2004, 03:43 PM
I love SC2 but personally I hated the Mortal Comabt:(

Buby
03-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Best fighting games are...

1. Soul Calibur 2 and DOA3

2. Tao Fang

3. Mortal Kombat

:cheers:

The Executioner
03-22-2004, 09:37 AM
NO!!! The best fighting game ever is Tekken.