PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Modchips: a war report

Shadow20002
09-22-2003, 02:09 PM
Consoles have always used some form of protection to prevent games being imported and to try and prevent piracy. Every generation of console improves the protection, as the types of attacks that hackers use are better understood by the console manufacturers. For example, the Sega Mega Drive used a different shape of cartridge in Europe and America than in Japan. To circumvent this, European console owners had to take a hacksaw to the cartridge slot. The Super NES used this different cartridge shape but also put in some region protection. To bypass this an adapter was used into which the gamer put the Japanese game and a European game. The console started to load the European game and was then interrupted and the Japanese game was loaded. Flash forward to the modern consoles and the Xbox and GameCube lead the fight against piracy.

ok, ok, ok....i know this one gonna be delete soon i think. :o

speedbuggy76
09-22-2003, 04:12 PM
I don't know why this thread would be deleted, as it is more about the history of piracy and circumvention than piracy and modchips for XBOX. But, although it shouldn't be deleted, I don't see the point of it. You never stated what exactly you wanted to talk about, but just gave a history of piracy and circumvention. I just don't know what you want to talk about.

Shadow20002
09-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Oops...i want to report a news about the war of modchips. :p

DIGITAL
09-22-2003, 04:21 PM
your point of this thread :huh:

Voodoo_Vince
09-22-2003, 05:51 PM
I think what he wanted to talk about is the ongoing War of Console Makers Against Hackers and pirates , and maybe what is bieng done now to prevent this , ??

Reclaimer
09-22-2003, 06:08 PM
You can keep going, just be careful.
Have some common sense, and don't talk about how to get mod chips or to perform hardware hacks. Don't talk about or offer or ask for advice, don't talk about pirating software or anything pertaining to it.

I'll be watching this thread.. Not to sound like a ****, but if we're going to go here, then we have to take precautions, you are not the only group of people that see this forum.

Have fun, and keep it clean.

DocHoliday78
09-22-2003, 11:39 PM
How did people pirate nes sega and snes games, i dont understand what you could do w/ a cartridge.

Variation-XBA
09-23-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Flash forward to the modern consoles and the Xbox and GameCube lead the fight against piracy.

Nintendo leads by far... and if you know where to look, you can find that xbox stuff isnt hard to get, but look for gamecube stuff and Id be impressed.