PDA

View Full Version : just wondering---any other girl xboxers?

xboxpebbles
12-20-2001, 11:14 PM
lol...just wondering..
ps--xbox is cumin in
3 days..WOHOO!
i cant wait for xmas..can u?
what all r u hoping to get for ur box
on xmas??
im getting the box itself..and
hopefully a lot of other games, accessories,
dvds, and cds..whew
that sounds fun!
i cant wait:):)

Vteck3000
12-21-2001, 12:41 AM
It surprises me that a girl is actually posting stuff on this forum. I welcome you to XBOX ADDICT. It find very rare to see girls play video games. Well i think your gonna be happy with your choice of unit that you bought. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and all the games and dvd's you want. I don't really know if there is other girls on this website............. probebly but haven't seen them post anthing here........... not to my knowledge anyways. Don't hesitate to post questions or problems you have in this forum. People will be glad to answer you. Very friendly staff. Hey by the way hope your getting HALO............ one hell of a game :D

LynxFX
12-21-2001, 01:40 AM
43% of all gamers are female and more than half of those play online.

:)

xboxpebbles
12-21-2001, 08:19 AM
yeh..this is my 3rd real system..ive played them forever..lol
ive always loved gaming..lol
thanks!
btw..ive been here a while..
i know.. its really nice:p
have fun all!

JJaX
12-21-2001, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
43% of all gamers are female and more than half of those play online.

:)

http://www.womengamers.com/interviews/idsa.html

The site does say 43% are female gamers on the PC. But think about it this way. Who ever did the polling probaly counted any girl who played mine sweeper on a PC a gamer :rolleyes:

Although there are Female Clans for FPS games such as QUake.

[PMS] for example. (which i whooped up on in Quake 2 one day on a pub a few years ago ;) )

Ninja Scroll
12-21-2001, 02:22 PM
Let me get this straight now. Your a chick?
Well what's up then shorty, you trying to hook up in dis joint?
Just look at me flexing all my muscles in my pic!!:D

You know you want me! im da Heart Break Kid!;)

skoot182
12-21-2001, 02:25 PM
Ninja, is that a bananna in your pants, or are you just happy to see pebbles?:cool:

JJaX
12-21-2001, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by skoot182
Ninja, is that a bananna in your pants, or are you just happy to see pebbles?:cool:

Lets hope its not a sack of shurikens(SP?). That would hurt.

l Maximus l
12-21-2001, 02:50 PM
Calm down, dudes....lol...you guys act as if you have never heard of a female play vids or something! lol

Anyway, XBoxpebbles is "one of the guys" here...Cool chick in these forums. Just treat her with respect like everyone else, of course otherwise I will have my little sidekick, Ninja Scroll, come after you all and he will start busting out a Lui Kang bicycle kick on your asses :D hehe

LynxFX
12-21-2001, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

The site does say 43% are female gamers on the PC. But think about it this way. Who ever did the polling probaly counted any girl who played mine sweeper on a PC a gamer :rolleyes:

Although there are Female Clans for FPS games such as QUake.

[PMS] for example. (which i whooped up on in Quake 2 one day on a pub a few years ago ;) )

Well if that isn't the most sexist thing I've heard all day. :rolleyes:

Just so you know I used to be in a Q2 CTF clan, DKM. We were the top ranked clan for a while and it was run by a woman.

Open your eyes, there are alot more woman gamers than you think and they don't just go by names like "Pink-killer" or "Pretty-gamer". Good grief.

Ninja Scroll
12-21-2001, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Calm down, dudes....lol...you guys act as if you have never heard of a female play vids or something! lol

Anyway, XBoxpebbles is "one of the guys" here...Cool chick in these forums. Just treat her with respect like everyone else, of course otherwise I will have my little sidekick, Ninja Scroll, come after you all and he will start busting out a Lui Kang bicycle kick on your asses :D hehe

LOL, you d@@@@@@@@@@@@@mn riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!:D

SHAFT!

Ninja Scroll
12-21-2001, 03:57 PM

Lets hope its not a sack of shurikens(SP?). That would hurt.

lol, no ... it's not shurikens or whatever else. I more or less like to refer to my sack as the " offical xboxaddict forum Ninja nutz"! lol,
or maybe "the peoples grapefruits"!! hehehe:cool:

Lightwave Freak
12-22-2001, 08:33 AM
guess what, i was hoping to get the xbox for christmas... so i laid some heavy hints on my dad.

Now, i think that they are getting me a dream cast! aurgh! Now some people are saying that a dream cast is a classic and worth the bucks, but i know that it doesnt compare with the xbox! i am soo depressed!:( oh well....

Lightwave Freak
12-22-2001, 08:35 AM
whoa!:eek: i just noticed something i hadnt seen before (mom put it out)... its a suspicious looking big package! a little too big for the dream cast in fact... (at least i think)
I dont know, i'll have to get back to you on that on Christmas day...:)

JJaX
12-22-2001, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

Well if that isn't the most sexist thing I've heard all day. :rolleyes:

Just so you know I used to be in a Q2 CTF clan, DKM. We were the top ranked clan for a while and it was run by a woman.

Open your eyes, there are alot more woman gamers than you think and they don't just go by names like "Pink-killer" or "Pretty-gamer". Good grief.

My post wasnt sexist in anyway. I was just pointing out that when people do polls or surveys things can become very bent. Like what is a gamer? Do people that really dont play games consider themselves gamers just because they played the latest games?? Would they answer 'yes im a gamer' just because they button mashed in soul calibur at there boy friends house? "probaly".
There are far to many variables to get a solid "percentage"

YA STAND ME NOW?????

Imported
12-22-2001, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Lightwave Freak
whoa!:eek: i just noticed something i hadnt seen before (mom put it out)... its a suspicious looking big package! a little too big for the dream cast in fact... (at least i think)

It could be a dreamcast in and Xbox box. Wouldnt that be cruel. :D

LynxFX
12-22-2001, 02:54 PM

My post wasnt sexist in anyway. I was just pointing out that when people do polls or surveys things can become very bent. Like what is a gamer?

Yes it was sexist. You assumed that female gamers are mostly just gamers playing minesweeper. Since you didn't mention male gamers in that statement you made the assumption that no guys are playing that or were included. You were basically saying that to equal the number of gamers as guys you would have to include lame games like minesweeper or others. That is a sexist assumption. It also didn't help that you put in a :rolleyes: after it. You are basing all this info off of your own opinions and ideas that women only play games at their 'boyfriend's' house.

Like I said, it was sexist. Maybe you didn't mean it to be but that doesn't mean it isn't.

K Dawg
12-22-2001, 10:26 PM
hey maximus or anyone else knowledgeable in this subject, how do you add a picture at the end of your post, without someone having to download it. someone tried to explain it to me before, but i couldnt figure it out. Please Help Me!

Orchid PXL
05-05-2004, 07:18 AM
well Im a female gamer
I used to love nintendo and dreamcast and amoung my old fav games were : Crazy Taxi, Zelda and Sega Bass Fishing.

Ok I was young ! Ive moved on to XBL and its amazing.
I gave my life to Wolfie last year and m now playing Counterstrike

I think given the strong emphasis on commounication and team orientated skills thats why I enjoy live more

Chaotic
05-05-2004, 08:00 AM
well Im a female gamer
I used to love nintendo and dreamcast and amoung my old fav games were : Crazy Taxi, Zelda and Sega Bass Fishing.

Ok I was young ! Ive moved on to XBL and its amazing.
I gave my life to Wolfie last year and m now playing Counterstrike

I think given the strong emphasis on commounication and team orientated skills thats why I enjoy live more

WOW :watchout:

Bumping of the 3 year old thread :p

:D

JJaX
05-05-2004, 08:04 AM
Yes it was sexist. You assumed that female gamers are mostly just gamers playing minesweeper. Since you didn't mention male gamers in that statement you made the assumption that no guys are playing that or were included. You were basically saying that to equal the number of gamers as guys you would have to include lame games like minesweeper or others. That is a sexist assumption. It also didn't help that you put in a :rolleyes: after it. You are basing all this info off of your own opinions and ideas that women only play games at their 'boyfriend's' house.

Like I said, it was sexist. Maybe you didn't mean it to be but that doesn't mean it isn't.

This is 3 years over due....But what the hell...

Shut up Lynx!!!! Before I tea bag you and make you snake bite me!!!!!11

Orchid PXL
05-05-2004, 08:07 AM
lol sorry I was just searching for Girl Gamer threads ans stumbled on this one !!lol didnt even check the date I assumed the threads were cleaned and purged regularly

Chaotic
05-05-2004, 08:11 AM
it's ok.. we're just playing around :)

JJaX
05-05-2004, 08:12 AM
OMG1!!!!!! a GirL!!!111 LOL!!

JJaX puts on his pajamas that look like a tuxedo

LynxFX
05-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Holy thread errection..err resserection.

Ahh brings back the days of being controlled by a *cough*feminist*cough*.

JJaX
05-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Holy thread errection..err resserection.

Ahh brings back the days of being controlled by a *cough*feminist*cough*.

Controlled?

If you were reffering to me, i never controlled anyone.

BOW TO ME!!!!!! :hail: :hail:

http://www.temcat.com/Remnant-Prophecy/images/FF-3.h4a.jpg

:p

LynxFX
05-05-2004, 03:21 PM
You control me? :rofl: In your dreams boy!! I was referring my lady at the time.

JJaX
05-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Oh :(

I thought we had something special Lynx..... :cry:

Seckci
05-05-2004, 05:50 PM
one of my best friends, who is a girl and a gamer. but she plays a ps2. but she comes over to my house and we get are halo on:hump: :).she uses me for my xbox! who wouldnt.

kenji
05-05-2004, 09:52 PM
I was reading the thread and I was like, "Christmas?!?! Where the hell do these people live?" Then I saw the date and I laughed. I didn't recognize a lot of the people and I thought that everyone was crazy. I didn't even think that old thread lke this still exsisted(sp).

TOTTEN
05-05-2004, 10:48 PM
i have a friend over xbl whos a girl and she is the goddess of rs3 her name is deserthunder and she will whoop us all

JJaX
05-06-2004, 08:11 AM
i have a friend over xbl whos a girl and she is the goddess of rs3 her name is deserthunder and she will whoop us all

I highly doubt that....

http://www.rs3stats.co.uk/rs3stats.php?gamertag=deserthunder&leaderboard=adversarial&gametype=team%20survival&period=cumulative

Less than a 1.0 ratio? Not even worth my bullet.

TOTTEN
05-06-2004, 08:28 AM
I highly doubt that....

http://www.rs3stats.co.uk/rs3stats.php?gamertag=deserthunder&leaderboard=adversarial&gametype=team%20survival&period=cumulative

Less than a 1.0 ratio? Not even worth my bullet.
she is really good though im not playing around

JJaX
05-06-2004, 09:22 AM
she is really good though im not playing around

:rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, I saw!

People with .60 ratios are ruthless on Rainbow 6.