PDA

View Full Version : Franchise Season

Kortiz
09-23-2003, 09:40 PM
For my first Franchise Team I chose the Steelers.

Just got this game Sunday and haven't had all that much time to play the game and such...........I am on game #4 now and about to face the Titans.

I lost Bettis to a fractured arm or sompin...he's out for another 11 weeks........fjdkalfjdkalfjdsakl;fa

he was the man, and now I dont have him. Since then I have really upped my passing yardage.

What about you guys?

Another thing that in general is kind of bothering me..........the amount of injuries.......is this accurate? i mean, all of these BIG names are getting injured, out for 5 weeks for a broken nose?

I kind of thought that was a bit over kill.........but then again, I could very well be wrong on that.

This game is farking sweet. First football game for me to play since nfl2k

CharlieHustle
09-24-2003, 09:05 AM
If you havent noticed, The Bus's injury rating is kinda high. Also, i think that the injuries are fair, if you look at the pros, they have a ton of injuries every week. Dont feel bad, i lost Zach Thomas for like 3 weeks, and he is my running game stuffer on defense. And i also lost jamar fletcher for 6 weeks, so im down to like three corner backs.

I just turned the diffuculty to legend and its sick, i mean the computer shuts everything down, so, i tweaked the cpu's offense to the legend difficulty and i moved the cpu's defense to like between pro and legend. Its more of a leveled playin field to me now.

BORNGD
09-25-2003, 02:01 PM
I just lost Garcia for 5 weeks with 6 weeks remaining in my season!!! I need to win 3 games to probably make the playoffs though....

damn i love this game

peejay
09-26-2003, 04:26 PM
I started a franchise with the Cowboys. I lost Terry Glenn for 7 weeks in a damn preseason game!!! Now I only got Antonio Bryant and Joey Galloway as my reliable receivers. And do you know how friggin hard it is to run the ball on all-pro? Troy Hambrick is only averaging 3.1 yards a carry. I think the injuries you are getting are acurate even though it seems they are always on your star players. The same exact thing happens in the NFL.

I remember just a couple months ago when I was still playing NFL 2K3 on franchise with the Cowboys. LAST game of the season. I lose Hines Ward for 15 weeks!!! He was my 2,000+ yard receiver. Not too long after I lose David Carr!!! I look at the injury listing and it says only out 1 week. I was so relieved. Hopefully I never have to go through something like that again. My two best offensive player injured on the last game of the season. lol.

Ugunnalose
09-28-2003, 04:59 PM
do u guys have a problem like when u try to change the quarter length it disables crib mode?

BORNGD
09-29-2003, 02:26 PM
if you adjust anything it disables crib mode :mad:

Ugunnalose
09-29-2003, 06:47 PM
Im in the Franchise mode with the Bears im 4-4. I lost 3 of those 4 games because Chris Chandler is starting because Kordell Stewart is out(hes back next game though:cheers:) Then this game i just got done against the Chargers i lost Brian Urlacher for 4 weeks with a Hyper Extened elbow but during the game when he got injured his backup Bobbie Howard tore it up so im in ok shape.

Kortiz
09-30-2003, 01:12 AM
my star runningback was put out for 22weeks......so instead of losing my main man......i just restarted the game............

i know that is cheating, but ******!!!

now i think im gonna try and stick with the lions since im doing that league over at ddclive.com........do a franchise with them....skip the first season and start off with some new guys.

peejay
09-30-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Fosho
my star runningback was put out for 22weeks......so instead of losing my main man......i just restarted the game............

ROFLMFAO. Fasho you friggin cheater. I couldn't live with myself knowing I cheated the game like that. When my 2000+ receiver Hines Ward went out, I just said, "Damn that sux" and utilized other guys on my team such as Plaxico Burress and Koren Robinson.

Ugunnalose
09-30-2003, 06:49 PM
YEAH im 4-4 now boo yah game winning field goal

Bakeman
09-30-2003, 07:12 PM
In my franchise Hearst went down for 6 weeks with a broken rib... I can't remember what week he went down. It was probably around week 9 or 10.

He was leading the league in rushing yards too! But Barlow has a better overall rating them him anyways, and I sure haven't missed Hearst much.

Byrant Young went down for a couple of weeks also. And in the preseason I simulated through Barlow and Owens got injured which caused them to misse the first week of regular season. In that first week Wilson stepped up with 8 catches. I'm now in week 13 or 14 and he only has like 15 LOL.

Ugunnalose
10-01-2003, 08:46 PM
5-4 boo yah another game winning field goal go Paul Edinger :cheers: it was 56 yards :cheers:

bbchs_trash
10-10-2003, 01:31 PM
I am in my second season with Dallas and looking dominant. Won the Super Bowl my first year with Quincy Carter at the reigns, even though I had traded for Drew Brees, I couldn't live with myself if I swapped Carter when he was in the middle of an all-star season.

2nd Season:
Percy Manning (he's black, I didn't want a real Manning) Q. Carter - QB
Duce Staley, James Mungro, Justin Fargas - RB
Mike Alstott(traded 2 FIRST round picks... :-/) - FB
Quincy Morgan, and umm... newer reciever in Dallas, Dez White - WR

My offense is good, but far from anything special. Duce is like 72 overall... and the Chargers starting QB is Brock Huard... lol. Injuries:
Just had Dat Nguyen put out to a broken hand... but he is man enough to play through it even though he is supposed to be out for the next 4 weeks. What a playmaker...

4-0... gonna finish out the season tonight! SUPER BOWL AGAIN!

Ugunnalose
10-10-2003, 09:00 PM
still with the bears anthony thomas just got hurt out for 4 weeks

Duke
10-13-2003, 09:56 AM
Haven't explored franchise yet. Lost Gannon and Garner for the entire season in the first quarter of the second game of my season though.

So I cheated.

Yeah, I know, I suck, but I just wasn't feeling up to playing my entire season w/ out them. I don't mind losing, but that was just too much for me to take when I was still learning the game.

CharlieHustle
10-13-2003, 07:22 PM
I feel ya on that. I lost Chris Chambers for the second half of the season, and i had absolutely no passing game. And then the titans trashed me. I tuffed it out though.

Warchant
10-20-2003, 10:32 AM
I picked the Bucaneers and I'm in week 6 and have been fortunate to not lose anyone yet

all though i did play the eagles and noticed that mcnabb wasn't in the game..i checked and it said he was out for the season

I thanked God and then continued to play :D

CarGuy
10-20-2003, 09:27 PM
I'm playing with my beloved Bills and i'd be in the 2005-2006 season. My first season i didnt do too well. Bledsoe really didnt have anybody to throw it too after Moulds went out:cuss: so i traded him away to lower my salary cap and picked up some good D guys. I traded Henry away because he fumbled too much and i had McGahee on the bench. I drafted a guy named "Preston Fisher" from texas. He has decent pass skills in the 80's but he has 97 speed!:yikes: I really dont know how i acquired such a good team. It was a gamble getting rid of Bledsoe, but now i have Chad Johnson (formally a Bengal), Eric Moulds, and a 100 rated Jeremy Shockey to throw it too! I'm the ultimate GM:D A lot of it had to to with getting rid of draft picks. I dont have much depth to the roster and it showed my first week. I lost 25-35 to Miami after they ran back 3 kick returns... Anyway i won the Super Bowl in 2004-2005 and went 12-4 after i lost Mcghaee for 10 weeks including the Super Bowl. He was on the way to a 1500 yard season. I lost my rookie Fisher also, but i had so many weapons to throw it to Van Pelt did a decent enough job filling in for a few weeks. I picked up Rex Grossman in the offseason just in case Fisher goes down again. He's rated in the 70's so he'll be able to hold his own.

OH BTW.. Does anyone use the edit rookie mode to change the face masks.?? Riddle's new masks are the ugliest POS's i've ever seen. They're really just a gimmick too. I read there's no evidence they offer any additional protection. (A hit to the head is a hit to the head) That's fine, but do they have to be so F****** ugly???

Warchant
10-20-2003, 11:59 PM
you picked up Grossman....how could anyone pick up Grossman :eek:

CarGuy
10-21-2003, 12:09 PM
Hey! Ron Zook screwed Grossman's chance of having a stellar year. It's a shame really..