PDA

View Full Version : Opinions On Fever,NFL 2K4 and RAW 2

Matt Freegard
09-24-2003, 07:52 AM
Before I begin I'd just like to say I fixed my KOTOR problem!I simply got another copy and it's fine.:cheers:

Anyway,what I would like to know is how good is ESPN NFL?I own Fever 2003 and before people get on about how god awfull it is,it's not that bad!Me and my brother have been playing on Dynasty mode for ages with my edited Packers!And yesterday I saw NFL Fever 2004 and I was gonna pick it up but I had been reading reviews about ESPN and I was wondering what you guys could recomend.Also I saw that 2004 had custom soundtrack support?How does that work?:huh:

Also I'm interest in RAW 2,any good?

CharlieHustle
09-24-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Matt Freegard
Before I begin I'd just like to say I fixed my KOTOR problem!I simply got another copy and it's fine.:cheers:

Anyway,what I would like to know is how good is ESPN NFL?I own Fever 2003 and before people get on about how god awfull it is,it's not that bad!Me and my brother have been playing on Dynasty mode for ages with my edited Packers!And yesterday I saw NFL Fever 2004 and I was gonna pick it up but I had been reading reviews about ESPN and I was wondering what you guys could recomend.Also I saw that 2004 had custom soundtrack support?How does that work?:huh:

Also I'm interest in RAW 2,any good?

Just check out the sports threads, or the live sprots threads. that'll answer your questions. I dont wanna sound biased *Cough* (espn) *Cough* but there is a game that separates itself from the others. With or without live. If you have live then its an added incentive.

Chaotic
09-24-2003, 10:49 AM
ESPN OWNZ :D

Highlite23
09-24-2003, 10:56 AM
IMO, ESPN is the best of the bunch. Graphically, it's awsome. The tackles are very realistic not to mention most of the mooves in general.

They have a "Crib" section, that has a Juke Box you can load your own music.

RudedogX
09-24-2003, 11:00 AM
I just got the bar lights for my crib. Damn I love this game!:hail:

As for the tackles, the animations are definetly better, but I love the taunts at the end of the run. Especially if you are specific players, they will taunt just as that individual will. Terrel will actually stop at the goalline, turn around, put his arms out, and fall backwards into the endzone. Gotta love it!:rofl:

Matt Freegard
09-24-2003, 11:12 AM
So your saying I should wait till October for ESPN instead of getting fever?I admit I do like custom soundtrack but what's this crib thing you've been talking about?:huh:

RudedogX
09-24-2003, 11:29 AM
The crib is a feature where you get to decorate a place and call it your own. More importantly, it has ESPN commercials that can be unlocked and mini-games like paper football and air hockey and trivia. It's pretty cool to see your trophy rack fill up too!:cheers:

Matt Freegard
09-24-2003, 01:40 PM
Thanx,I think I will wait for ESPN.

Also like I said my KOTOR problem wasn't actually a faulty disk problem,it was a general glitch in the game...it's on every copy!

It doesn't ruin the game,it's just slightly anoying but the game is so good that the occasional hicup is unnoticable.Also I've heard there's so huge polt twist?My guess is Bastilla goes evil?Don't reply and tell me but I would like to know if there is a huge twist?

NO SPOILERS!

RudedogX
09-24-2003, 01:48 PM
Also I've heard there's so huge polt twist?My guess is Bastilla goes evil?Don't reply and tell me but I would like to know if there is a huge twist?

NO SPOILERS!
You're close...and yes, there is a huge twist.

Matt Freegard
09-24-2003, 01:56 PM
Oh juicy!Is it better or worse then when Aeris got killed by Sephiroth?

Also Rude Dog,have you noticed how barren Xbox Live has been over the last few weeks.Maybe their all playing KOTOR...:(

JR Alberda
09-24-2003, 01:59 PM
Did ESPN change from the Demo on the disc, cause I thought it blew there. Same with the ESPN hockey on this months OXM disc, it is just plain boring.

I have FEVER 2004, and I love it, its fun, its action packed, has Read and lead. It dont have 1st person but I wouldnt think I would play it to often.

Matt Freegard
09-24-2003, 02:08 PM
How does Fever 04 use the custom soundtrack feature?Menus or in game,in game would be kool!:)

Also on KOTOR that talking robot is evil right?And have you noticed that the guy that plays Canderous is the same guy who plays SOLIDUS SNAKE!Also I think that BASTILLA is the same actress who plays NAOMI in MGS1!:D

Ugunnalose
09-24-2003, 05:54 PM
WWE Raw 2 is pretty sweet specially if u have friends playing with u in season mode and create a wrestler is frieken awesome

RudedogX
09-25-2003, 07:18 AM
Oh juicy!Is it better or worse then when Aeris got killed by Sephiroth?

Also Rude Dog,have you noticed how barren Xbox Live has been over the last few weeks.Maybe their all playing KOTOR...:(
Well, I'm assuming those are characters from the Final Fantasy series, and I've actually never played Final Fantasy after a certain point. But I can say, that despite stumbling into a thread that revealed the spoiler, I was still in shock of how well it was done... I won't say anymore than that, just wait till you get about 2/3 of the way through...you'll get the twist. There is also a second twist later, but it all depends on which path you go, on whether or not you get the twist.:cheers:

Matt Freegard
09-25-2003, 07:25 AM
Well if you want my opinion(I know it's anti xbox)but you NEED to play Final Fantasy VII.Hands down,it's the best game every made!

KOTOR is good but there's too many little anoyiances like jumps in the sound,clicking,floating characters,major mess ups!The problems arn't enough to ruin the experience but it does keep it out of my all time top 3...
1.FFVII
2.Halo
3.Half Life

OC Noob
09-25-2003, 09:32 AM
Even though its got absolutly nothing to do with the thread you should play my favorite game too. The Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past was hands down the greatest game ever.

AlBoogy
09-25-2003, 11:08 AM
Even though it has nothing to do with the thread I think everyone should play Kid Icarus.:D

RudedogX
09-25-2003, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
Even though it has nothing to do with the thread I think everyone should play Kid Icarus.:D
:rofl: That's a classic game!

Kortiz
09-25-2003, 11:58 AM
also, to go along with Cribs, once you unlock something you also unlock other things..........sometimes you unlock a trophy and then unlock a poster

sometime you unlock a couch and then also unlock as a bonus you might get a free agent. i just got Michael Irvin signed as a free agent, and if my self-made halfback wasn't rated 100, i'd get "Sweetness signed." I also unlocked a sumo wrestler.........if i had 10mil i'd sign him...........
To add, there are some crazy type unlocks, big head mode, everydown is 4th down............

Franchise mode is easily the bestestededed mode in the whole game.............fantasy draft is exciting, and while a long process.........still UBER.

It is amazing, I have done more in my crib and other things like making teams than I have played any games.........this game has me whipped.......I think I did horrible on my Informative Speech that I did today up here at school......mucking fuppets.